Page 328 of 534 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378428 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 328

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    morning all - yesterday turned into a full on day - ending in an early night !!!!! *wink wink*.
    I am making a wee cookbook for one of my wee American friends, so I spent the morning finishing that, then into Rangiora with a friend, and back to another friends for drinks and nibbles, then we made DH come and pick us up - Gwamma had too much wine !
    ..............that wasn't like Gwamma !!!!!!!!!!
    exciting newz - these squats etc.... are giving Gwamma some definition in the odd muscle. None of my even muscles are getting definition- but the odd ones are !!!!!!!!! sorry too silly for this hour of the morning !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Morning. I'm staffing an oral exam today - it's quite a production involving circuits of rooms filled with clinical scenarios (actors etc). I'll be working for ten hours, which with my three-hour commute makes for quite a day. I was knackered last time, but it's time and a half, so work one FULL day and get paid for two normal days. Makes for a nice chunk of change to throw at the school fees/mama needs fluevogs account.

Anyway, I'll be offline all day so you'll have to chat about pert derrieres and corsets without me. *sob*
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    we will do our best B! good luck with the staffing and try not to dream too much of corsets. i dream off all the ones i can make. i can see them in my mind. i so want to make one out of harakeke one day. i'd also like one in proper victorian crazy patchwork, a recycled denim one. plus the standard black and more black. i have a book on historical corsets and how to make them

Corsets: Historical Patterns & Techniques: Jill Salen: 9780896762619: Amazon.com: Books

and also another on corset construction
    The Basics of Corset Building: A Handbook for Beginners: Linda Sparks: 9780312535735: Amazon.com: Books

this is for the one day i will be an old woman and do these things day tho LOL i am feeling especially rinsed today. been carbing up and i dont think my body likes it. i feel bloated and fat. very annoying as too low carb is great for a couple of weeks, more carbs is great for a couple of weeks and then it all goes to custard. i think the solution may be to mix it all up so that is something else to add to the journal. the kids have already climbed up the big macrocarpa tree outside. 7:45 am LOL you can so tell they are my kids!!! i have to sort out some major picnic food as they did me a menu which i will need a pack of elephants to carry. then we are going to go have a picnic on an island.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    been carbing up and i dont think my body likes it. i feel bloated and fat. very annoying as too low carb is great for a couple of weeks, more carbs is great for a couple of weeks and then it all goes to custard. i think the solution may be to mix it all up so that is something else to add to the journal.
    Seas, this is how I get to feeling also. Need more food, eat extra fruit since that's what's around. Even though it's not grains, get that bloated feeling. Annoying. Or eat rice and get blocked up. Eat cream and still feel hungry. So really, I'm not sure what to eat more of.

Have a lovely picnic. What's on the menu?

Lovely day here, now the rain has gone. Off to worship the Lord this morning, then my students give a piano concert this afternoon.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i dont like rice at all but i can eat things with rice flour in or rice pudding. prob a sign i should leave well alone. the kids want, in no particular order, bread rolls, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mayonnaise, hard boiled eggs, calzone, potato salad, ice cream, apple crumble, cookie dough and lemonade. i think i will stop at home made lemonade, some GF buns hard boiled eggs and salad and mayonnaise. i could maybe get away with calzone and lemonade. i will ask them when they get in. i do love climbing up the sides of islands but i prefer not to be carrying too much when i do it.

have fun at church A and enjoy the piano playing!

Will think of you scrambling up the island - very Famous Five sounding.

Seas - that does sound very famous fivey. Have the best picnic.
    Annie - Do you teach piano ?
    I bought this baby grand that used to live in the CHCH cathedral, and of course I don't play very well, but I have had a couple of concert pianists play - and wow.....just wow !!!!!!! I could listen to a competent Pianist or guitarist forever !!!!!!
    Badger good luck with the day - I hope it isn't too long and involved...........

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Good morning to you all. Sounds like most have a nice productive Sunday planned.

It's still Saturday here and just half past 6 in the evening. I've mostly just walked, puttered around the house, and napped. There's a ceiling fan over my bed, and sometimes when the temperature is just right, it mimics a cool breezy day, and puts me right to sleep. When I had the condo, I sometimes would put the futon mattress out on the patio, light a fire in the chiminea, and sleep out there.

Carbs don't wack me out too badly. I eat fairly low carb anyway, but occasionally will stretch a meal with potato or white rice. I love both of them, I just don't think to use them all that often. Last night I had some of that NZ beef that still takes up a lot of space in my freezer, butter/lemon/mushrooms over the top, and a big assed potato mashed (with butter) - fantastic, but also more carbs than I'd eaten in the last three days.

G, I'm with you on piano - beautiful. And I love flute, though I can't play. I'm thinking of getting a ukelele because I haven't played any music in so long and I miss it. I need a hobby.

Hope everyone has a great day!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

hiya Joanie - I can bring you a ukelele when I come over. We have three !!!!! and no-one plays at mine !!!!!! But I am gonna go downstairs now - into 'arry pohahs cupboard, fetch me the uke, and see if I can whip out a tune !!!!!!!! brilliant !!!!
    and yay for NZ beef - best ever !!!!!

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I bought this baby grand that used to live in the CHCH cathedral
    Lucky you!!! Do you play classical?

Yes I teach piano, and I play well enough to help lead our church worship team, but I am no concert performer.

My students are just beginners through to about grade 2 but they were lovely today, they all played the best I've ever heard them, and barely a nervous twitch to be seen. Made me happy.