Page 324 of 535 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 324

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I hate the damned things. Is there a link between brain tumors and phone/cellphone usage ????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i think so. i doubt they really know anyways. how long have they been around? and how quickly can we not live without one or be considered backward and deprived if we dont have one. i am trying to think of a cool name for my journal whilst reading my BBY book and doing in line pushing progressions. shoulder press is my worst exercise so i am up to and done 12 reps with good form on progression 7. half-dive bombers with hands elevated to knee height. mentally preparing myself for 12 reps with 2 sec pauses and trying not to talk myself into failing it. altho my suspicion is it may be it for inline pushing. i have done progressions 1,3,5 and 7 x 12 reps each so i am having a rest first LOL

warning warning - do not read any further if you don't want a RANT !!!!!!!!!

historically.......
    DH and I have worked very hard all out married lives down on the farm. We have paid DHs family out, we have paid back all the debt, we have suffered and toiled, been happy, been sad, huge ups, huge downs - lived life...............
    So we go and sell the farm, buy into an equity partnership, DH gets treated like shite, sell equity shares and move nearer to CHCH onto a 12 acre block.
    We buy a house in a paddock, and spend huge money finishing it off. Concrete, trees, shrubs, pool, man cave, fencing etc..... really hard few years
    DH is wondering what to do with the rest of his life, so goes into Real estate. Spends a year (after training) trying to get his little Real estate buisness going and spending more money to do it.
    Major down side thou is when you are spending your hard earned capital to survive, tempers get frayed, true stressful characters come to the fore.
    So Gwumpy Gwamma became the norm. Not so much because I didn't have money to spend - more so that DH wasn't making any money, and I had to deal with his sense of failure, and the constant justification of any money that I did spend.
    So scrowl forward a few more weeks and all of a sudden DHs hard work is beginning to pay off...... as in we are now making ends meet. We can eat this week !!!!!!!! LOL
    GUESS WHAT !!!!!!!! I am now married to a really happy guy. Why do we take on each others moods ??????
    Why do we do this to the people we love ??????
    Why can't some of us switch off the stress and enjoy the good bits - or does this not happen in others lives ??????
    I am thrilled that DH is beginning to make inroads. He deserves this success, and he is not your typical salesman. He is the man that you would want - to sell your prised possessions, but how do I stop this stressful lifestyle getting him ???????

and hereith endith the lessonith

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Hmmmmm...Gwamma, this is interesting stuff. I agree that we do tend to dump on those we love, I guess it comes down to that 'for better or for worse' part of the marriage vows? My DH can't switch off the stress, he has a family history of high BP and his is boarderline at best - connection much? I start to resent him when it gets like that around the house. Its always so obvious that something is stressing him because it starts showing in our relationship, the way he treats the kids and his physical health (he spent last night alseep on the sofa with a sore gut from 6pm, hello stress anyone?). So no you are not alone in this. I personally think I compartmentalize quite well, and I am very accoustomed to leaving my work stress at work and just living life otherwise. I can't figure out why other people can't do this too?

Its going to be hard for you both if his current work lifestyle with its usual ups and downs are going to affect him continually in the future. I have no answers for you, just empathy and an offer of a listening ear whenever you need it.

On a brighter note, I may have just been tempted to buy a new handbag in my lunch hour.............ssssshhhhhhh its our secret. And I think we have finally chosen our new washing machine *happy dance* I've been wanting a bigger one for eva!

yay for the handbag LL
    What I find annoying is this idea that money makes the world go round. Sure its nice to have, and you can buy material things with it - but if its not there - surely one can still enjoy life without it !!!!!!
    Why does life have to revolve around money ????? Is it a hunter/ gatherer thing ?????? Do the bread winners become stressed because they don't feel that they are providing ?????
    But surely if one has a roof over ones head and a happy home - isn't that what life is about ??????
    ..............anyway on a positive note - I am thrilled to have my happy husband back - and by crikey - look out when the grumpy prick comes back !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

i reckon we are all responsible for our own behaviour. the exhubby does try to pull the marriage is forever better or worse blah blah line on me at regular intervals but i gave up buying it. after 14 yrs, i worked out if they cant make themselves happy and be responsible for the words that come out of their mouth and their actions, i cant be held accountable for it. so i have no answers either. plus i have always worked and more than payed my way so screw the breadwinner getting grumpy thing. it has always been me!!! as to this

But surely if one has a roof over ones head and a happy home - isn't that what life is about ??????
    i think since we now dont have to worry about the basics like food and shelter, we have definitely gotten more time to stress about other things. we cant project what anyone else is thinking. that i have also learnt

now on a more happy note. way to go LL on the washing machine. i love my washing machine. i would happily cook on an open fire and sweep my floors with a dustpan and broom but you will be prising my front loading washing machine out of my cold dead hands LOL i have also finished my BBY exercise assesments. the squatting and the bending were a bit of a mish towards the end coz of the dicky ankle. balancing whilst doing on legged warriors with a weight. sweet on my right leg but my left leg the ankle didnt like the balancing too much. one legged squatting was going well till i had to do it on my left leg too. if i dont get too side tracked tonight, i will start a journal and also see if i can find you-tubes for the exercise progressions. most of them were quite alot of fun.

oh life can be hard living with people !!!!!!!!

me is now thinking journals............what about a catchy phrase like " Seaweed kicks arse"
    or SEAS- warrior princess !!!!!!! or our own Kiwi goddess ????????????????

...small steps....

LOL i aint that up myself!!! and life can be hard living with people. you just have to decide what you are up to dealing with. my first husband btw was not that bad. he just screwed up in the days when i didnt negociate. before i had been worn down by doing a life sentence with hubby #2. despite the fact hubby #1 screwed up, there is something to be said for living with someone who never personally criticises you or your appearance. eats all the food you cook them appreciatively and you get on with! i cant be stuffed anymore with anyone who wants to take their issues out on me in a negative way. rant over LOL

i want something lyrical about seaweed as in the real sea vege as a name. badger where are you? i will meditate on it too whilst i am out and about this avo. i have also been thinking i need to up the kai moana again and get my 03/06 ratios back to 1:1. i had kina for lunch which was very nice. i need to find out where to find out the 03 content of our beef and lamb not some random grain fed feed lot US ones.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    seaweed isn't lyrical enough for you? Seems pretty lyric (and a pretty lyric) to me. I don't know much about the sci names for sea vegetables - I'll have to wiki it!
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    sorry people - have I started a wee avalanche ??????
    althou don't you feel great when you get it off your chest !
    up yourself ????? - hardly, you are an amazing woman, and I think that you journal title should reflect that !!!!!!!!
    rant over !!!!!!!

...small steps....