Page 322 of 535 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 322

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    thanx Badger - honestly sometimes it is better not to know - ssssoooooo DRAMA over !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Wow Gwamma, what alot of DRAMA in your family! At the hospital we used to call all those sorts of admissions PUO, which means Pyrexia (Temperature) of Unkown Origin. Which in laymens terms means: 'the kid's got a temp and we don't know why, fingers crossed it goes away on its own'. Accounted for at least 50% of admissions on the kids ward I'd guess. Hope the wee poppit is feeling much better today.

Just been to a cosmetic pop up in town, spent more money than I should have on pretty OPI nail polish - well who knows if I can buy quality nail polish in Brunei so I had better stock up, right?

Found out last night that DH's work, true to form, have written the dreaded letter to Shell Brunei asking them not to employ any of their staff as they all contract to Shell. This is why we were trying to keep it on the down low for so long. Bastards. DH is pretty sure that they'll just ignore the letter and its probably too late for them to pull out of our job offer (we really friggin hope).

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    thanx LL
    yay for the spend up - in fact when you to Brunei, they possibly don't have shops, flushing toilets, electricity etc..... so best to spend up HUGE before you go !!!!!!!!!
    Sorry to hear about the employers. I had hoped, because I hadn't heard anything, that they were not going to stoop that low.
    It is actually sad how low some people will go !!!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    any more news G? just made it around the block. i still cant run but i can walk pretty convincingly. i am now waiting for my cup of green tea to brew. LL would be proud of me. once it has brewed, i do have to then drink it, not feed it to the carnivorous plant on my kitchen windowsill, so that is the next hurdle. i am also dithering about doing an exercise journal so as i can look back and see what i have done and track progress. right now tho, i need to do some work and drink the lovely appetising green tea. maybe i will learn to love it LOL

Yes it is sad and says alot about them as employers. Whereas my managers were all 'congratulations' and 'what a fantastic oportunity for you', its not like they wanted me to go, but they respect the fact that its not all about them. DH's boss's were being OK about him leaving at first, just doing a bit of ego stroking and trying to convince him to take on other work with them. But now its going just a little pear shaped, he's also been bumped off a two day trip to Australia because he's leaving - like what difference does that make - its a work trip, not educational or anything but they won't let any of the three Brunei guys go just out of sour grapes. THeir loss.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i am now waiting for my cup of green tea to brew. LL would be proud of me. once it has brewed, i do have to then drink it, not feed it to the carnivorous plant on my kitchen windowsill, so that is the next hurdle.
    Good girl, thats the attitude! I'm not exactly the biggest fan of green tea flavour, but I'll happily rave on about the benefits of drinking it to anyone who'll listen. Its a good anti-inflammatory so consider it medicine for that ankle of yours.

how can you drink it on a regular basis if you dont like the flavour? have you noticed a diff from drinking it vs not drinking it? i may have nailed how to make it palatable. and no i dont mean holding my nose while i drink it LOL son in law reckons add loads of honey. so i had 1/2 tsp and it was sorta like honey and lemon with a wierd flavour as it is green tea with lemon.

I often add a tsp of manuka honey if I've got a sore throat or something viral goin on, but mostly I drink it neat now. I don't know, I think I do most of my tea drinking at work while sitting mindlessly at my desk. Its just there so I just drink it, the same with in the evenings in front of the telly while I'm flipping through the internet on the i-pad. I don't dislike the flavour, I'd just much rather have a decent coffee.

Oh that reminds me, my regular coffee place (we order online now that we live in the NI) just advertised on FB that they have that Kopi Luwak coffee for sale. Its $40 for 100g! Normally I pay $45 for 1kg of their special blend. Not sure I'm intrigued enough to pay that much to taste poo coffee.......

is that the elephant poo coffee? LOL the temptation!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LOL not elephants! Some tiny wee possum like critters known at Luwak's I think? Kopi Luwak | Pomeroy's Coffee & Tea Company