Page 321 of 523 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 5226

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 321

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm such a bad mother - we don't even have a thermometer
    me too and my kids have never had vaccines, anti biotics or paracetemol in their lives. my youngest has never even been to a doctor. since they both had measles about 3 years ago, they have not had any nasty fevers at all. they never really had many, none of which were nasty so all i used to do was stuff them full of sodium ascorbate and cold compress their heads and feet.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Thanx Badger - I don't think that you are a bad mother, maybe your sixth sense was tuned in, as i think that mine was ???????
    but then I am a hero.............................. Kids do fit at high temp, and no amount of advice sinks in with this particular DD -
    oh the stories I could tell..................... i shall leave it for another day !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

right Gwamma is off into the land of nod.......................... I shall be dreaming of shoes, of ships and ceiling wax and cabbages and kings !!!!!!

good night
    x

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma, I hope you (and all) are sleeping peacefully. G, I was one of those kids that when my temp went up, it really went up. And my folks usually cooled me down like Badgergirl said. Cold compresses and cold water to drink. I actually spiked a temp that high in my teens once. Grandbaby will surely be fine.

P.S. I had to google the temp so I could have a reference to F.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    me too and my kids have never had vaccines, anti biotics or paracetemol in their lives. my youngest has never even been to a doctor. since they both had measles about 3 years ago, they have not had any nasty fevers at all. they never really had many, none of which were nasty so all i used to do was stuff them full of sodium ascorbate and cold compress their heads and feet.
    if it works Seas..........................

We rang at about 11pm, and the wee fella was comfortable. Hi gwamma - he said, I'm at the docers. I think he was saying doctors. Bless his wee heart. Very cute. Anyhoo I won't txt just yet - I will wait a little bit longer to find out how he is this am !

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    it always has so far. i do have a line and we have yet to cross it. i am a bit more neurotic about the kids than i am about myself. i am pleased he is feeling better G. it must have been a relief.

just spoken to DD - and they headed home at about 2am, after his temp came down. The Doctors have no idea what was wrong - so suggested a virus - that is quite a broad wee answer.
    Hopefully they will all get some sleep, and everyone in there household will wake up fine and dandy !!!!!!

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Phew, glad they can go home though. Very vague answer is not terribly helpful, but better than a diagnosis of something serious. May they sleep well, and you have a good day.

Annie - sorry I missed your earlier post. Thank you for your kind wishes.................... kids ay !!!!!!!! they will always be your kids !!!!!!!!! We will always be parents and worry etc............
    and yes I am about to go and have a nice breakfast of left overs - yay for me !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

badgergirl is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    just spoken to DD - and they headed home at about 2am, after his temp came down. The Doctors have no idea what was wrong - so suggested a virus - that is quite a broad wee answer.
    Hopefully they will all get some sleep, and everyone in there household will wake up fine and dandy !!!!!!
    Phew... I was worried.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!