Page 312 of 536 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 5355

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 312

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    How old is the horse G? sometimes they just look ribby when they get old and usually with the ponies the trick is to keep the weight off, not on. not so sure about horses? our old old pony we had had tried to founder on me so i used to have to feed him hay, plus speedibeet and i put flax seed oil in it to try to help keep the weight on. some people give them cooking oil as it is cheap but euww!!! i have been trialing the cocopet coconut oil on short fatty spotty. she is in good condition for her age as she is 29 but you wouldnt know it. she is not really fat anymore either. she is an equine version of a labrador so the trick very definitely is stopping her eating. you would be onto the drenching as well? we do it by stealth LOL the only time the pony gets oats and molasses and she is too greedy to notice she has been had till several hours after!

what do you do with the blue cod? i still cant get that excited about it. i much prefer things like moki and rig or john dory but it is very difficult to get and hell hell expensive. i am definitely feeling the need for a kai moana binge for a few days here.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I think the horse is about 9, but its an X galloper, and I suppose they can be a wee bit nervy. DD has just put a cover on him this morning, so maybe he has found this autumn wether too cold ??????/
    He was drenched a few weeks ago, so it won't be that - anyhoo time will tell.
    I fried my blue cod this morning. Melt in the mouth........... and it was caught with love - so that will be why it tasted sooooooo good !!!!!!!!!!
    right more computer work - catch you later
    me x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i just went out and covered our pony over as it is mighty chilly right now and sorta raining on and off. maybe i should just fry the blue cod with butter and herb salt and make chips for the kids to go with it. some days i never think of the simple things!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Oh yum gwamma, I'll bet that cod was succulent. We had a fish night here last night, I bought mine though, but there is a local shop that fishes direct so without the middle man involved we usually get lovely fresh fish. I bought gurnard this week as it was a good price $28.00 per kilo. I did a bit of a search on here and found some good recipes, so I ended up dipping in egg then rolling in a almond meal, parmesan and Italian seasoning crust, fried in coconut oil. That was one of the better recipes I've tried for a while.

Well my lunch is all prepped, just having a cuppa green while I wait for them to arrive. Of course our central heating just shat itself so it frigid in the community centre. I have an A/C unit in my office that I'm cranking away but its not helping much because the centre is too big and my office door is too small, I've turned the oven on too and opened up the door - fire risk I know!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi hi everyone!

Gwamma, hope the horse is okay. I like cod because it's so versatile, but here in the US, once it became the darling of the low fat crowd (and tilapia has joined it), it became as expensive as salmon which is just silly since salmon both of taste and nutrition is so vastly superior. So, sadly, I don't eat much cod anymore.

Sea, I'm also jonesin' for fish since the weather got warm here. It is around 830pm here and 24 degrees C.

Warm weather has pushed me back into a lapsed health day. Yesterday, I just had a taste for my version of a cucumber martini, which is pretty much just muddled cucumber shaken with ice and gin. So I went to the closest grocery store open on Sunday. I had forgotten how dismal their liquor section is - miles of wine but not much of the hard stuff. Because their liquor prices were so high, I opted for some cheap stuff I'd never drunk before. OMG big mistake. Not so much in the flavor, but this morning I woke up with a huuuge hangover. I'm not prone to hangovers (guess the old liver is still working), but this morning it was, "Am I awake or did I die and go to hell?" So I took some aspirin and ibuprofen, and drank water 'til my pee was the correct color again, and now I'm fine.

Oh, did I mention that when I got home, a couple of my favorite neighbors were outside grilling chicken and drinking, so I ended up joining them but drinking on an empty stomach? Never a good thing to do.

However, while I was at the grocer, I found a bunch of stuff on sale and found that they have an interesting array of canned fishes. Skip to end of story: while the walk there is an easy one, when one is loaded down with a full backpack and one more full bag of groceries, the walk back wasn't quite as pleasant. That'll teach me to try to be healthy and walk everywhere.

Gwamma, it's cooler in the north than it is here, but weather can change a lot between April and May, so if you're wondering what to pack, I'm happy to keep you apprised of what's going on temperature wise.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 04-08-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hi hi everyone!

Gwamma, it's cooler in the north than it is here, but weather can change a lot between April and May, so if you're wondering what to pack, I'm happy to keep you apprised of what's going on temperature wise.
    Joanie you wee thing - thank you that would be magic - although I am thinking that we will have to be prepared for anything !!!!!! Alaska to Indiana.....................
    I am wanting to keep my bags as empty as possible (appart from the wee souv's that I am bringing for you all), so I can bring back all of DD's aquisitions from her year away. I am thinking that when we fly out I will wear as many heavy clothes as possible boarding the plane..............

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I was just looking at flight miles. The longest flights I've ever done was San Francisco to London and Florida to Hawaii. Yours is almost 2000 miles longer than either of those! So, of course, my brain being the odd place that it is, I'm imagining you on some horrifically long flight in so many clothes that you look like a little snow man. LOL

Not a prob with all the clothes, just remember that the US has become the epitome of paranoia so that Homeland Security can justify its existence. NZ isn't known for terrorists, but you'll probably be searched a bit when you arrive. Please don't judge us all on this; we know you're lovely and we want you here. However, our govt currently has its collective panties in a bunch.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Weather was 70 F for most of the day today - frickin' FINALLY we get a nice day!

Gwamma - I flew internationally last November. They WILL ask you to remove your shoes and belts so they can go through the scanner, so please wear something easy to get on/off for the flight/airport and keep the fancy stuff in the suitcase until you clear the airport.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

CC, Joanie thanx........ we had to do the shoe thing st heathrow years ago.............. phew the smells that emitted from that scanner !!!!!!! not my shoes of course !!!!!
    and I totally understand the security thing. When you actually see me with my knitting needles, scarey hair etc........ you will understand why i got searched coming home from Aussi last. I look dodgy !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    today I had a huge basket of goodies made for one of DH's clients. I have also made a wee cheese/salami/grape platter, and we are popping round there soon to have a wee celebratory drink. I so hope they like the basket of goodies................... I will report back !

...small steps....