Page 311 of 534 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 311

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Gwamma, you are the hero of that drama. Wading, swimming, dragging boats of sandbanks. Clothes and all. Grokking it!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Joanie - we could talk on the phone for two hours !!!!!!! it could be fun !!!!!
    Annie - I was one mean grokette - in fact I could have curled up on a bear skin, in front of a fire - in a cave...............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma, I'm sure talking to you for two hours would be more fun than my mind-squishing friend. LOL.

I was one mean grokette - in fact I could have curled up on a bear skin, in front of a fire - in a cave...............
    Careful, G, you're going to get doc all worked up.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

J - I don't think that Doc would get worked up over this old saggy baggy Gwamma - however when I get toned and tanned and taut.......................

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Way to go G!!! and that water would have been ever so freezing cold. and mmmm bears skins and fires. could do that around about this time of year. distract me from thinking of feijoas and migrating to somewhere warm for the winter. next time, you will need to take the bulk of your clothes off first as they will not keep you warm in the water. then at least you can put dry clothes on after you get out.

started the bodyweight exercise plan this morning whilst i wait for the body by you book to turn up. 20 press ups, 20 sumo prisoner squats, 20 donkey kicks on each leg, 20 leg raises on each leg, 20 good mornings. repeat 3 times. i will go for the 6 k walk at lunch. tomorrow i am doing boxing bag tabatas, chinups and clubbell casts. i was going to do clubbell barbarian squats instead of the sumos today but the ankle felt wierd.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Feijoa's are good though aren't they Seas? I've been buying huge bags at the farmers market and force feeding them to the kids. I restrict myself to one or two a day though. I chucked a couple through the juicer yesturday but they are such a strong flavour you can't taste anything else, the kids thought that was fine, but I like a little something else.

My juice experiment this morning was carrot, beetroot, ginger and apple. Not so sure about the beetroot because it has quite an earthy flavour, might pick up some celery and lemons and cucumber at the supermarket today and experiment with those tomorrow morning.

Just got the numbers in for my lunch tomorrow - 21! Thought I might hit the supermarket tonight for some rotissery chickens and bread rolls, then chuck together a pasta salad and green salad tomorrow. Maybe some cake for afters? I've got a great recipe for choc cake that triples well to cook in a roasting dish, best do that this arvo. Oh my.....

shh do not mention the F word LOL!!! i have to sort the car sitution out and then i will get onto the F situation. we never get enough to do anything with other than eat them as they dont grow down here. garlic bread LL! my mother out law always made that and thought she was marvellous. potato salad as well. and you cannot go wrong with a decent choc cake and a pot of tea!

we had smoked fish pie for dinner. i made the bechamel out of butter with some fried onion and nutmeg grated in, tapioca flour to thicken and chicken broth and put in prawns, smoked salmon and chopped boiled eggs. then put mashed potatoes on top and grilled it all.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Seaweed that fish pie sounds amazing. Lizzielou, if you want more feijoas pop on over I have heaps - but they are small so you have to love them for all that cutting and scooping to be worth it.

Annie i got the idea from here
    Smoked fish pie i think i put some grated tasty cheese in the mashed potatoes as well. senior citizen day here or what if i cant remember that! i didnt follow the method but it was what gave me the idea of the sauce made with stock and the smoked fish and prawns combo. and i threw some hardboiled eggs in extra.

thats looks yummy Seas. I have some blue cod on the bench thawing and a leg of lamb !!!!!!!! Its gonna be a carnivourous day - I can feel it !!!!!!!!
    I was mean't to go for a ride on Whiskey yesterday, but when we got him, Dusty (the other horse) the calves and the lambs out of the trees, whiskey was looking SPCA alert thin. So we don not know if he is unwell, or if the feed in the trees was just not good for him. The other horse looks fine thou - so I have fenced off some of my grass around the house and put him in there. Dh got some lucern hay late last night as well - so heres hoping he is okay. I think DD has organised the vet today.
    So yesterday was a blur - sorting fencing for horses, moving stock, and mowing lawns.................... I am hoping today will be a weeny bit quieter !!!!!!!!

other news............... I need to start organising my bags for America. What do I take etc....... arguments already over that one !!!!!!!!!! Watch this space LOL

...small steps....