Page 310 of 524 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 5231

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 310

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sure. I need winter boots.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    same ................... what colour ???????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Well, I don't have any clothes yet so it doesn't really matter. But I kind of like that golden tan colour.

I agree with you there Annie. I have a pair of flat tan, high boots. They almost look like riding boots - but they are not. Cost me an arm and a leg, however they are really lovely. I got them from Mi Piaci.

Today we are taking the boat up to the Hurunui River. DH has a farm to show some buyers and then its ......cruising down the river, on a sunday afternoon.............................
    I will light me a wee fire on the river bank and have myself a steak for lunch - me thinks !!!!!!

...small steps....

That sounds idyllic. You have a great day.

We had a bbq last night, I took steak and had to trust it to someone else to cook. It was rarer than I would have thought to choose, yet it was actually really tender and tasty. It was also huge, which was just as well as most of the salads were rice and pasta which I didn't have.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Oh gwamma I've done all my shopping in the last two days and now I'm officially banned from using my credit card! I spent up large on some clearance summer gear from ezibuy and then today I got just a little carried away at Briscoes and came home with lots of new towels and a juicer. Now I'm spending a very relaxing day planning all the veggie combinations I can jam through my juicer - good gawd I just found a raw paleo website, raw liver juice anyone? Bleeeuuurrrggghhh.....

Hope your boat trip was lovely gwamma.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LOL such a waste to juice liver when you can make pate! or even just fry it with garlic and herbs in butter. i am back too. i spent a night in the hills in a hut miles away from anywhere. literally just me and a mouse. so nice and peaceful and dark. between us we all stuffed up and miscommunication and no one ended up with a gun which could take a deer out. thankfully as it so happened. so the guys took the dogs and went and got a smelly old bush boar and i crept around with dd's binos and looked at roaring deer. OMG they are so beautiful. i, for the life of me, cannot fathom why you would want to shoot a roaring stag. #1 it is making a huge noise and not paying attention so no real skill involved. #2 if you take out all the nice ones, what will it do to your breeding stock. i do realise deer are officially pests here but still. it was way more fun than trying to shoot one. as i got to watch them cavorting around, posturing, the fawns were all playing at one stage. the naughty black car was ever so ever so naughty and tried to cook itself on the way home. thankfully i was literally opening my gate at the time. it's cooled down, i've put more water in and it is running fine. it never started missing before when it heated up. and it is also holding its temp at halfway. so i shall see. ugh!!! anyways, still alive. got to see things i have never seen before and you really have to try hard to see. i did some callenetics when i got up. i went outside and did some press ups and good mornings and a few chin ups in the sun and watched the early morning deer. snow on the mountain ranges in the distance too. so i have formulated the home exercise plan to help with not walking on the ankle as guess who did a smidgen of hill walking and bush bashing when she shouldnt have!

LL - fantastic shopping me thinks - we have had such a drought down here re shops lately that now that DH is making a few dolaros - Gwamma has to re-learn the art of swipe, credit, pin, enter. Its really quite a hard trick - but I am slowly getting the technique back again...................
    Annie - nothing like a huge steak to naw on....................hmmmmmmmm
    Seas - you and your naughty black car, your inability to REST and hut therapy????????what was that all about ??? you should have taken some entertainment along with you..............

The excursion up north went well until DRAMA !!!!!!!
    so we cruised on up to Culvie, DH showed some people around the farm, I went for a walk for about 1.5 hours, then we headed off to the Hurunui River. Once at the little carriage on the river, a whole gaggle of people popped out of the woodwrok.......so DH had his hands full, taking people for rides. I was busy making my wee fire and cooking my rump steaks...............
    and then DRAMA !!!!!!
    Dh came hurtling around the bend and promptly hit a shingle bank !!!!!!! IT HAPPENS................ EVEN WITH THE COMPETENT DRIVERS.......................
    okay so picture this............... DH, one other testosterone filled human, a whiney whinging wife and 3 children !!!!!!!!
    DH and testosterone man got out and tried to push the boat off said sandbank - but its not that easy with all those people in boat......................... so DH pulled out the spare rope, but how to get it across the swift flowing Hurunui??????????????
    Gwamma didn't want anyone to have to do the martyar thing - so she did it herself......................
    off across she went, making landfall quite a way downstream, then tied the rope around her middle, waded up stream and swam back..... then attached the robe to truck and pulled boat off stones !!!!!!!
    However now of course 1.5 hours from home, Gwamma has no dry clothes and is starting to get a weeny teeny bit cold...............
    so found some overpants, a teeshirt and jacket. I can tell you with all honesty - comando in overpants - aint pretty !!!!!!!
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 04-07-2013 at 01:21 AM.

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by Samu23el View Post
    I've been primal for about 6 months now and no weight change at all.
    do we look like we give a shit !!!!!!!
    sorry fellow kiwis but these spam bots really DO MY HEAD IN !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi Gwamma. :::hugs:: on cold and commando.

I've been reporting spambots even more than I've been posting today.

Did you see my recipe for avocado soup in the No-recipe Recipe thread? Half an avocado+heated bone broth+splash of lemon all whirled in a blender. That was so good.

Talked on the phone to a friend today for two hours. My brain is now tapioca.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite