Page 308 of 535 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 5350

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 308

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    we did 3 winter's without heating down in the deep south whilst we were building our last house. hot water bottles. decent clothes. hot showers. i would put the fire under the bath outside and heat it up and jump in. well after taking the fire out from under the bath or i would burn my ass. i also used to take the kids to the beach on still nights and make a fire. that was the nicest bit. just us and the waves in the darkness with a big warm fire. we'd run around and play lots to keep warm. ah.. sigh.. those were the days LOL

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Good ideas there seas. I've just been writing my next 6 months worth of health topics for our newsletters, and one of the topics was 'winter wise' and another 'keeping warm and active in winter', so maybe its time to take some of my own advice. Things like eating lots of soups and stews and drinking warm drinks, snuggling on the sofa with a SO under a blankie, putting on clothes straight out of the drier, tai chi, stretches, wheat bags - all can be done without using the heating. Still I'll look like the bad mum if I keep sending the kids to school in shorts and jandals!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Guys - merino next to the skin LL - always works a treat !!!!!!
    .............. and I am sure someone would have a spare heater or bit of wood ??????

Seas they finally emailed me back and I managed to download the ebook onto this main computer, but haven't been able to read it yet as DH has been hogging the main computer. A wee friend did try and help me over the internet - but shit I am ditsy...........
    anyhoo I have the main puter now - so its time to do some reading !!!!!!!!

I am pleased that your ankle is responding to REST !!!!!!!!! or not...............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

not too much rest G. there is no rest for the wicked as we well know. i did find btw LL when we had no heating that if i drunk cream in my earl grey, as i was heavily into it then, i kept warm. my heels also stopped cracking and i didnt get fat LOL

holy cow - I have just done some Convict conditioning exersizes and am I unfit !!!!!!!!!!! phew eeeee
    But I am feeling great that I did them !!!!!!! Why have I never taken notice of those CC threads ?????? too busy boozing and being naughty on this one (and others !!!!)

...small steps....

so what did you do?

I just started at the beginning - however I didn't try the handstand thing. I think I had best have a wee spotter for that one ....................................I am one VERY unfit Gwamma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I just started at the beginning - however I didn't try the handstand thing. I think I had best have a wee spotter for that one ....................................I am one VERY unfit Gwamma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you read his book, he says NOT to do the handstand pushups or the bridging until you are on the 6th progression of the other 4 exercises.... so wise move on your part! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    If you read his book, he says NOT to do the handstand pushups or the bridging until you are on the 6th progression of the other 4 exercises.... so wise move on your part! lol
    sometimes Doc - just sometimes - Gwamma is a wise old thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did do the bridging - but I have been bridging * wink wink * for many a year .............

...small steps....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    sometimes Doc - just sometimes - Gwamma is a wise old thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did do the bridging - but I have been bridging * wink wink * for many a year .............
    so you have false teeth? Is that what you are telling me?