Page 306 of 535 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 5349

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 306

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    the Quarter.... as in French Quarter in Nawlins?
    I waited until I actually went there to taste my first crawdad gumbo and mint julep. Asked the locals where THEY went for that stuff... Once I did, that was all I ate or drank the entire visit.

Well, almost - I added a starter salad to that the next meal - crawfish remoulade salad on greens. Next time I go, there will again be another short-term shortage of crawfish in NOLA.
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 04-04-2013 at 01:21 AM.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    the Quarter.... as in French Quarter in Nawlins?
    Is there another? Yes, that Quarter. Fortunately, my bday falls just before the Jazz Festival, so it's not too crazy. And it's the only time during the year I go to Bourbon Street at night. They have this drink called a hand grenade. It tastes like too sweet lime gatorade - see here: Hand Grenade (cocktail) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for the silly glass it comes in. Anyway, I've only had it once - two birthdays ago. That stuff would turn a nun into a bad girl. I can't believe they sell it to unsuspecting tourists.

Even avoiding that drink, there's always some way to get into trouble.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Since this is supposed to be a kiwi thread, what holiday/celebration gets a Zealander excited?
    any holiday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I waited until I actually went there to taste my first crawdad gumbo and mint julep. Asked the locals where THEY went for that stuff... Once I did, that was all I ate or drank the entire visit.

Well, almost - I added a starter salad to that the next meal - crawfish remoulade salad on greens. Next time I go, there will again be another short-term shortage of crawfish in NOLA.
    I love crawfish a lot! There's a little place across the street from the Cafe du Monde (the beignet place) that serves crawfish remoulade over poached eggs. OMG it's good.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I love crawfish a lot! There's a little place across the street from the Cafe du Monde (the beignet place) that serves crawfish remoulade over poached eggs. OMG it's good.
    Is it just me, or are the beignets at the Cafe du Monde kinda meh? Crawfish over poached eggs?! Name the place, honey! And where can I get a good Sazerac (next on my hit list) and catfish fry? Whenever hubby goes to Baton Rouge on business, he stops by this little place along some road and gets me a few frozen batches of crawfish étouffée just before he flies home. Hubby loves me...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

i love cray fish etouffee or gumbo but i rarely get it. have to slum it with prawns!

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i love cray fish etouffee or gumbo but i rarely get it. have to slum it with prawns!
    Prawns, crawdads, shrimp... All yummy!

Dang, Crabcakes, I'm so bad at names *thinks for a minute*. Sazerac probably the best is at the Sazerac Bar (Roosevelt Hotel) or the Carousel Bar. I'm not really an expert, but they are good in both those places and I checked reviews to make sure I wasn't totally off base.

I've never had a beignet. Honest to goodness. I'm really not much of a sweets person which is why I freaked at the stupid cookies earlier.

Sea, shrimp etouffe is wonderful! Not slumming at all.

Y'all are making itchy for my bday. Not only getting stupid, but having an extravagant meal is on the agenda. I've got it narrowed down to about five restaurants. First year I was here I ate at K-Paul's and last year at Cochon - an excellent meatery.

B*tch-lite

Well, Joanie and kiwis, thank you for a very nice late-night conversation, but it is now off to bed for me before the sun rises. Sleep tight, all of you, whenever it is that you may hit the hay, and til the next!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    seeya!!! it is very almost and prob is 9pm here. i was gonna try for an early night as well LOL