Page 303 of 536 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 5355

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 303

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Which all shows why numerical things tend to be a refuge for me - my perception is skewed. When I watched that one video about the evils of sugar, there was a part which showed how fructose is basically metabolized like alcohol. Did that make me think, "wow, fructose is almost as bad as alcohol?" Nope. It made me think, "wow, I had no idea alcohol was as bad as fructose."

Drain bamage.
    hmm.... I would have thought something like.... fructose and alchol... they are first cousins... no wonder Jerry Lee Lewis likes alcohol....

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    you know i have led a hell sheltered life. i have never had an oreo.
    and you are all the better for it too! stick to your chocolate soufle... it's healthier!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    you know i have led a hell sheltered life. i have never had an oreo.
    Honestly, you aren't missing much. The cookies are hard and meh-tasting, and the filling leaves a wad of something a lot like a wee shortening pea in your mouth. I would much rather go back to Europe and eat a real slice of cake - something that has a real character and clean ingredients, wheat notwithstanding.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i have a saying that there are some things you actual never need to know about. and maybe oreos is one. i would prefer a decent whisky anyways if i am gonna be BAD ASS. or some chocolate, butter and eggs LOL

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I would much rather go back to Europe and eat a real slice of cake - something that has a real character and clean ingredients, wheat notwithstanding.
    i would need to avoid going back to europe. if i did, i would suddenly get over my gluten intolerance. their bread and cakes leave ours for dead so it is no real loss being GF here. if i was in southern europe, i would be in tears every day and i am not prone to tearful meltdowns. either that or i would have to drink alot of the local liquers. then i would be too smashed to notice i couldnt have the bread LOL

i would need to avoid going back to europe. if i did, i would suddenly get over my gluten intolerance. their bread and cakes leave ours for dead so it is no real loss being GF here. if i was in southern europe, i would be in tears every day and i am not prone to tearful meltdowns. either that or i would have to drink alot of the local liquers. then i would be too smashed to notice i couldnt have the bread LOL
    the breads in europe are much different (and better) than what passes for bread here.... I love a good crusty loaf of bread.... slathered with butter

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Sea, Oreos are almost as bad as Tootsie rolls. They look like chocolate, but they taste like chemicals. Very disconcerting.

LL, that would stress me out also. How fancy does it have to be? Do you have grocery stores that do "trays" for at least some of it? I tend to overcompensate when faced with that type of thing. I'd probably cook for 100 and then fall over in a dead faint just as it got served.

doc, LOL on the Jerry Lee Lewis reference - yep, you and I are pretty much right up there on the skewed brain thing.

General note: the MDA board is wonky tonight. I've had to delete a bunch of double posts, and twice when I hit "post quick reply," I got that warning that I was going to leave the page.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

i have a saying that there are some things you actual never need to know about. and maybe oreos is one. i would prefer a decent whisky anyways if i am gonna be BAD ASS. or some chocolate, butter and eggs LOL
    Definitely - there are some things the US has coughed up that nobody should know about!

Mmmm bourbon... Had an affair with Evan Williams Honey Bourbon. Sweet tooth, I have.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Definitely - there are some things the US has coughed up that nobody should know about!

Mmmm bourbon... Had an affair with Evan Williams Honey Bourbon. Sweet tooth, I have.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Sea, Oreos are almost as bad as Tootsie rolls. They look like chocolate, but they taste like chemicals. Very disconcerting.

LL, that would stress me out also. How fancy does it have to be? Do you have grocery stores that do "trays" for at least some of it? I tend to overcompensate when faced with that type of thing. I'd probably cook for 100 and then fall over in a dead faint just as it got served.

doc, LOL on the Jerry Lee Lewis reference - yep, you and I are pretty much right up there on the skewed brain thing.

General note: the MDA board is wonky tonight. I've had to delete a bunch of double posts, and twice when I hit "post quick reply," I got that warning that I was going to leave the page.
    I'm OK with skewed......