Page 302 of 532 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 5316

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 302

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    LOL J. i went into the bottle shop today whilst waiting for the tyre to be put on my car. i drooled over the possibilities as the cupboard at home is bare. but pushing $50 for a bottle of bourbon, i let discretion end up being the better part of valour. which was good as the tyre was $187 instead of the $155 i was expecting!

wait... buying cookies makes a person an asshole????? holy crap.... I thought it was the alcohol that made me an ass.... go figure. It was the frikin Oreos all along! bastages!
    lmfao my exhubby was and still is a nut. i got a bizarre phone call from him the other week about how he had been to the doctor for "tests" and it turns out he really is gluten intolerant and that was what his "problem" was all along. he wasnt really an ass. even funnier thing was they got the test results all in the same day he supposedly went to the doctor so i think he is telling fairy stories. which he is prone to do. he also hasnt improved any with the ground breaking revelation. but yeah, too funny. cookies must be his problem too!!!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    wait... buying cookies makes a person an asshole????? holy crap.... I thought it was the alcohol that made me an ass.... go figure. It was the frikin Oreos all along! bastages!
    Swiveling around... Peeking up and down and behind me... So this is what this thread looks like! Since doc and Joanie are here, I assume another Yank won't stink up the place too much...

Re Oreos, doc. Grab a-hold of your BarcaLounger, because I saw the Oreo mega a couple of days ago! Even bigger than the double-stuf!

P.S. I am not following you - I am tracking Gwamma down. But you are very nice to bump into.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    lmfao my exhubby was and still is a nut. i got a bizarre phone call from him the other week about how he had been to the doctor for "tests" and it turns out he really is gluten intolerant and that was what his "problem" was all along. he wasnt really an ass. even funnier thing was they got the test results all in the same day he supposedly went to the doctor so i think he is telling fairy stories. which he is prone to do. he also hasnt improved any with the ground breaking revelation. but yeah, too funny. cookies must be his problem too!!!
    I'm all about self-discovery..... correction? ehhh not so much! lol

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Swiveling around... Peeking up and down and behind me... So this is what this thread looks like! Since doc and Joanie are here, I assume another Yank won't stink up the place too much...

Re Oreos, doc. Grab a-hold of your BarcaLounger, because I saw the Oreo mega a couple of days ago! Even bigger than the double-stuf!
    Barcalounger? Is that what they call it in Ohio???? lol j/k I've seen double-stack oreos in the store lately... not really interested... but if it were a double stack Snickers bar... they'd have me at hello!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Which all shows why numerical things tend to be a refuge for me - my perception is skewed. When I watched that one video about the evils of sugar, there was a part which showed how fructose is basically metabolized like alcohol. Did that make me think, "wow, fructose is almost as bad as alcohol?" Nope. It made me think, "wow, I had no idea alcohol was as bad as fructose."

Drain bamage.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post

I know math isn't everybody's thing - my brother was very artsy and dyslexic with numbers, and I admired him greatly. But I always found it to be a refuge. The simplicity of if a=b and b=c, then a=c calms me. When teachers in other subjects downgraded my work because of my politics, my math and science teachers could do no such thing. So it hits me on a very deep level when something as simple as figuring out what groceries cost confuses people.

And that would be my rant for the day. Hope you are all well.
    We don't mind your rants Joanie dear! I'm with your brother on this one though, mostly when someone starts talking numbers my brain goes 'la la la la' and I can't even think logically for the few moments it would take me to figure it out. I have an appointment with the accountant next week and I'm having bad flashbacks from when we secured our mortgage *shudder*.

Just found out my caterer can't help at a BIG function I have planned next week at work, so I'm now getting all stressed about cooking lunch for 25 by myself (I'm not a friggin chef). And tomorrow I have to fess up to my residents and tell them I'm leaving. Maybe some Lemoncello might settle my nerves?

Barcalounger? Is that what they call it in Ohio???? lol j/k I've seen double-stack oreos in the store lately... not really interested... but if it were a double stack Snickers bar... they'd have me at hello!
    Nah - I just remembered that. La-z-boy owns Ohio. Snickers? Nah - now, if you would double-stack a righteous cheesecake... that would get me going!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

you know i have led a hell sheltered life. i have never had an oreo.

Nope - I just remembered that. La-z-boy owns Ohio. Snickers? Nah - now, if you would double-stack a righteous cheesecake... that would get me going!