Page 301 of 536 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 5355

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 301

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    this is the book i have in the post btw. hopefully will be here soonish. dratted rural delivery!!!

Body by You, Mark Lauren - Shop Online for Books in NZ it is a women's specific one which could or could not be interesting. if you look it up on amazon, it has a look inside.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I bought that ebook Seas but I can't download it.................... F---- I am ditsy !!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

you see one of my internet nightmares. there is a real reason i cant do ebooks!!! have you managed yet? if you PM or email me a screen shot of the screen to download it, i may be able to suss it out for you.

gymed it again today and did more chin ups. i can still do them. only one at a time but still. progress!!!

Thanx Seas. Still working on the darrn thing................

...small steps....

computers!!! i am trying to work and reading my strength training anatomy book and the book is winning. all sorts of interesting snippets in there. i read an interview too with Arnie in a man's mag in the tyre shop today when i was getting a new tyre on the bomb. he is a very interesting man. i have always been well out of the closet in my love of arnie but it is totally non sexual. i am itching to get my body weight workout book. what i really need to do is actual stop and think and work out what i can do in the meantime instead of self medicating as i cant walk properly. if it was one of my friends, i so could do a real cool body weight program for them. but since it is me, i lose the plot and fall to pieces. still on the up today as my ankle is more flexible and i have been to the gym!

Well done. I had to go and pick up some ram lambs, and my morning has just gone. It was only an hours round trip but by the time I dropped petrol containers into DH at the office, had a chat, got to the farm, had a chat, saw one of our dogs(on loan), had a pat and chat, played with her wee 3 week old puppies, and had a cuddle and a chat, Tui tried to strangle herself twice on the short lead on the back of the truck, so more cuddling and chatting, then I had to lift the lambs out of the trailer, over the fence and into the paddock with their new girlfriends, so I stopped for an informal birds and bees chat, and then the boarders dog started chasing the sheep, so I had another very loud growly chat.................. and thats IT !!!!!!

...small steps....

my morning/early afternoon pretty much went to custard timewise as well. you know how you have loads to do and you alot a certain amount of time for each thing and guestimate when you will be done. everything was late, all the travelling took and extra 5 mins, all the lights were red. i got a bus and a truck and trailer in front of me on the way home. the road home is gnarly and there are only a few places to safely overtake on the way home. much easier on the way to town. i could have booted it and risk life and limb to overtake the truck and then got stuck behind the bus so it seemed not worth it. or maybe, it was my 6th sense as i for some reason put my safety belt on, decided not to risk overtaking on one of the only good places and then there, lo and behold, were about 4 police cars by the side of the road as there had been an accident. so wouldnt have been a good look to get pinged coming around the corner at 90ks with no seatbelt on on the wrong side of the road. even on a thursday.
    i got blue cheese today G. but i had a faleo mug cake and some toasted sunflower seeds so i didnt feel up to any steak and blue cheese sauce. tomorrow i think i will have some.
    have you sussed the e-book yet?

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Well done. I had to go and pick up some ram lambs, and my morning has just gone. It was only an hours round trip but by the time I dropped petrol containers into DH at the office, had a chat, got to the farm, had a chat, saw one of our dogs(on loan), had a pat and chat, played with her wee 3 week old puppies, and had a cuddle and a chat, Tui tried to strangle herself twice on the short lead on the back of the truck, so more cuddling and chatting, then I had to lift the lambs out of the trailer, over the fence and into the paddock with their new girlfriends, so I stopped for an informal birds and bees chat, and then the boarders dog started chasing the sheep, so I had another very loud growly chat.................. and thats IT !!!!!!
    Apparently you are a chatty Cathy!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi hi everyone. Midnight-ish here, about suppertime tomorrow there. Now I've gotten anal about knowing what time it is in NZ. Just what I needed for my burgeoning OCD - something else to count. LOL

LL, that's great about the job!

Sea and doc, you tire me out with your physicality. Though I guess if I weren't such a layabout, it wouldn't tire me out. Must. get. more. active.

Gwamma, those rams have a nice life - getting chauffeured to bump uglies.

I'm an asshole. After two lovely days of complete sobriety, I hit the bottle and then did something I very rarely do. I bought cookies. Blech. I hardly ever screw up with sweets. Bread, maybe, but sweets? Who the hell took over my brain while I drank? I wrapped the rest up and put them in the freezer under about 15 lbs of beef. I'll probably find them come winter and wonder who put them there.

I present for you an example of how the US school system is failing us. Here in the US, as we sit on the fence on the issue of ounces vs ml, we sell alcohol in "pints" that are no longer 16 oz, but are 375 ml (12.68 oz). Anyway, my corner store (the one I wrote that long post on) uses a very cheap vodka as a loss leader. It sells a 'pint' for $3. To confuse our populace who can barely comprehend 1+1=2 even further, a "half pint" is no longer 8 oz, but 200 ml. (I promise there's a reason for all this background.)

So anyway, due to his recent problems, he ran out of the pints. So, in the spirit of not letting any of the neighborhood drunks (and I include myself in that group) go through withdrawal, he marked the half pints down to "two for $3." To be clear: the previous price was $3 for 375 ml, the new price is $3 for 400 ml. And the cashier tells me that a lot of people won't buy it because they somehow think they're getting ripped off. O.M.F.G. Honestly, I hope that if you all ever read that I've been incarcerated for trying to choke the life out of some dumbass educational policy maker, you'll hold a benefit to spring me.

I know math isn't everybody's thing - my brother was very artsy and dyslexic with numbers, and I admired him greatly. But I always found it to be a refuge. The simplicity of if a=b and b=c, then a=c calms me. When teachers in other subjects downgraded my work because of my politics, my math and science teachers could do no such thing. So it hits me on a very deep level when something as simple as figuring out what groceries cost confuses people.

And that would be my rant for the day. Hope you are all well.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hi hi everyone. Midnight-ish here, about suppertime tomorrow there. Now I've gotten anal about knowing what time it is in NZ. Just what I needed for my burgeoning OCD - something else to count. LOL

LL, that's great about the job!

Sea and doc, you tire me out with your physicality. Though I guess if I weren't such a layabout, it wouldn't tire me out. Must. get. more. active.

Gwamma, those rams have a nice life - getting chauffeured to bump uglies.

I'm an asshole. After two lovely days of complete sobriety, I hit the bottle and then did something I very rarely do. I bought cookies. Blech. I hardly ever screw up with sweets. Bread, maybe, but sweets? Who the hell took over my brain while I drank? I wrapped the rest up and put them in the freezer under about 15 lbs of beef. I'll probably find them come winter and wonder who put them there.

I present for you an example of how the US school system is failing us. Here in the US, as we sit on the fence on the issue of ounces vs ml, we sell alcohol in "pints" that are no longer 16 oz, but are 375 ml (12.68 oz). Anyway, my corner store (the one I wrote that long post on) uses a very cheap vodka as a loss leader. It sells a 'pint' for $3. To confuse our populace who can barely comprehend 1+1=2 even further, a "half pint" is no longer 8 oz, but 200 ml. (I promise there's a reason for all this background.)

So anyway, due to his recent problems, he ran out of the pints. So, in the spirit of not letting any of the neighborhood drunks (and I include myself in that group) go through withdrawal, he marked the half pints down to "two for $3." To be clear: the previous price was $3 for 375 ml, the new price is $3 for 400 ml. And the cashier tells me that a lot of people won't buy it because they somehow think they're getting ripped off. O.M.F.G. Honestly, I hope that if you all ever read that I've been incarcerated for trying to choke the life out of some dumbass educational policy maker, you'll hold a benefit to spring me.

I know math isn't everybody's thing - my brother was very artsy and dyslexic with numbers, and I admired him greatly. But I always found it to be a refuge. The simplicity of if a=b and b=c, then a=c calms me. When teachers in other subjects downgraded my work because of my politics, my math and science teachers could do no such thing. So it hits me on a very deep level when something as simple as figuring out what groceries cost confuses people.

And that would be my rant for the day. Hope you are all well.
    wait... buying cookies makes a person an asshole????? holy crap.... I thought it was the alcohol that made me an ass.... go figure. It was the frikin Oreos all along! bastages!