Page 294 of 524 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 5231

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 294

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    no but i can shoot back! would be a novel method of capture. do NOT tell any of my stalkers about it!!!
    My lips are sealed..... My keyboard, on the other hand, has a mind of it's own!!!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    yes dammed internet! however you cant believe anything you read on the net so we could be safe. shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! the other downside which occured to me of tranquiliser darting me would be you would have to look after my children LOL

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I will look after the children - I will learn them !!!!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

G you so dont know what you are letting yourself in for! they may of course behave for a while. the honeymoon period LOL and if you have horses and stuff to distract them, you may even just be able to send them out the green yonder and not even notice they are there.

or I could chain them to a post and feed them GF bread and water !!!!!!! only if they play up thou !!!! LOL
    I hope you have your foot up................. if not Gwamma will get gwowly !

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    or I could chain them to a post and feed them GF bread and water !!!!!!! only if they play up thou !!!! LOL
    Now theres a thought..........we had a moment this morning at around 6.30 am when I would have actually considered it.......

Little miss appears to have some sort of ear ache going on = restless night with bugger all sleep. Nice!

Joanie - I'm already an NZ citizen born and bred (from TePuke if I'm honest with you - think hicksville) but DH has taken a job in Brunei which we've been working on since about October I think. Very. Slow. Process.

So my question of the day: Should I call my boss and explain before I send the written resignation or should I just email and await the fallout? They'll be really disapointed but we have a very good relationship so I'm not worried about being yelled at or anything.

Now theres a thought..........we had a moment this morning at around 6.30 am when I would have actually considered it.......
    i used to lock myself in the hallway, and that was not to stop myself yelling, it was just way more peaceful and alot less stress to do something i could acheive LOL if you have a good relationship with your boss LL, i would call and explain. and i would still do it even if i didnt.

getting twitchy here already and it is only about 9:30. sitting still so doesnt work!

I agree LL - It might be hard, but you will feel better that it has initially come from you.
    good luck

okay my dear wee friends I need some advice. DH has charged me with organising some thank you gifts for his sales over the last few months. One of the sales was HUGE - so I will make up a nice big gift basket for those clients, one for the purchaser and one for the vendor. However I am in need of some more ideas in the $50-$60 range. One idea is a small rimu board, a cheese knife and a nice cheese - made up with cellophane. Another is a wee kete with a selection of oils, or jams, or wine, beer ????? I do think that we need to be a wee bit careful with alcohol. The people we know would be easy to buy a nice red and white for, however I wouldn't want to offend anyone by getting them wine when they don't drink. A nice towel set is always handy, but I would value your imput.
    ................ and I suppose firstly I should ask - when you have bought or sold property, did your agent buy you a wee thankyou gift ?????? and if so what ?????? what would you have preferred ??????

...small steps....

i have been given native plants before when i have brought houses which were quite cool. bear in mind current thinking on eco sourcing local natives for your area. very important. or some fruit trees are always good. i get a bit twitchy with ketes as they are mainly all made in china and i am a weaver so i like a proper harakeke kete. the rimu board with cheese etc is good. what about local produce? honey is nice. teas or coffee? i have a stainless teapot which looks like this one here Kitchen Stuff Plus $10 Stainless Steel Teapot and Bamboo Tea Case (Canadians Only) i googled a pic as i got mine off trademe. i use it alot and it is useful. not cheap or tacky looking either. a little stainless stove top expresso would prob be too expensive but they are also nice. way way nicer than the alloy ones. what else can i think of? a gift voucher for a massage or a facial. i also got a free sitting for a family portrait and one picture from it from the land agent who i got this house from. that was very nice.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Hmmmm... I got a nice little set of condiments from an agent after I recommended them to a lady who wanted to move into our village (it was a nice quick sale for them so everyone happy). I think it was 4 jars, aoli, redcurrant jelly, and onion chutney and mustard. My residents usually get food parcels from their agents when they move in here, not usually alcohol, but things like bags of sweets and choc, biccies, nice coffee/tea bags etc. The electrician gave us beer and wine for christmas, and plenty of people would think at a retirement village that would not be appropriate, but I thought it was a great gift and bolstered our christmas party nicely.

I always buy my residents a pot plant (something with flowers), a card and a fancy key ring - we have our own branded ones.