Page 292 of 535 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 292

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Only 6 weeks before we head to Canada............. exciting !!!!!!!
    Wow thats come around fast Gwamma - well for me anyway LOL

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    these would be too small for me as they are in lbs not kgs but it is a good price.

3-Piece Cast Iron Kettlebell Set Value Bundle - Shop Online for Sports & Outdoors in NZ

survived the hair dresser and half of "easter tuesday" LOL

canada will be nice. i've only ever flown over it and it looked incredibly vast.

I've not done Canada either Seas. I think DH did a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, but it was a work thing so I didn't go with him.

Ahhhh.... Nice relaxing afternoon with DS at a his Granny's, what a pity he'll be home in a few hours! DD is having a great old time playing with her 'babies' so I get to just chill out.

my parents lived in canada for a couple of years before i was born. i think they liked it too. i dont know which bit they were in, either vancouver or quebec poss, but they left as dad couldnt get work. no chilling out going on here. easter tuesday is one of those full on shreiking and screaming overrun with kids kinds of a day. i am practising my zen detachment. i took the kids to the other beach near us with a reserve near it you have to walk thru and we took their bikes this afternoon. i had a hobble around in the sun as i decided it may not be such a good plan to mountain bike with the ankle up and down some gnarly downhills and nasty uneven tracks as i am left footed so i always put my bad foot down first.

AND!!! i have worked out i can do chin ups on one of the beams in my leanto. which i am very happy about as i can still do them. it wasnt me losing touch with reality and imaging it!

OMG! Just got the 'tender your resignation now' email! Visa is through finally. EXCITED (and a little scared too if I'm honest)

And yay Seas. Chin ups are so cool.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Oddly, I've never been to Canada, even though I've been to Mexico quite a few times. I did go to Niagara Falls as a little girl, but I don't remember if we crossed over into Canada. And yes, I'm guessing that Canadians don't think the U.S. is as huge as other folks on the planet think it is - Canada is one big assed country.

When I lived in Florida, we would meet a lot of Canadian tourists in winter. Lovely people; well-mannered and apparently their education system is about 100 times better than ours because I never once met a dumb ass. LOL. I can't imagine anyone ever saying that about a huge influx of American tourists.

Anyway, I'm doing my pre-dawn awake thing. sigh. Almost 3am here. I'll probably be awake until five or six a.m., then fall asleep when I hear the garbage trucks in the neighborhood. Interesting trigger for sleep. They used to wake me up, now they put me to sleep.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    OMG! Just got the 'tender your resignation now' email! Visa is through finally. EXCITED (and a little scared too if I'm honest)

And yay Seas. Chin ups are so cool.
    Does this mean you're a citizen of NZ now? I can see how that would be both exciting and a little scary. Congratulations!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

yay way to go LL! how long do you have to get organised and gone?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Morning guys........
    LL that is one wee exciting life you are about to lead ......................
    Joanie - rubbish trucks ????????? praps thats what I need to lull me to sleep ????? however its more like bellowing bulls, and little creatures in the throes of death that I hear in the night............. enough to keep any old Gwamma awake !!!!!!!
    On our way home from the West Coast on Monday, we picked up two lovely hitch-hikers, who ended up staying at middle DDs on the farm, and helping with milking etc.... They came for lunch yesterday, DD took them out on the river in the Jetboat between milkings, and then they popped in again last night. DD was taking them out on the town............... anyway they were both from America - really really lovely lads. One of them heads home on thursday, and he has given us his number to look him up when we are in New York ................. so I call that a good pick up !!!!!!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....