Page 287 of 535 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 287

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    and they live in the wee houses, and have a big free range enclosure ????
    the reason I ask is that I love chickens, and would love to have a huge free range operation here - but to fence a paddock in deer posts and chicken netting would cost BIG bickies................. so it might never happen !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    and they live in the wee houses, and have a big free range enclosure ????
    the reason I ask is that I love chickens, and would love to have a huge free range operation here - but to fence a paddock in deer posts and chicken netting would cost BIG bickies................. so it might never happen !
    The fence I have is a 5 strand electric fence.. no chicken netting... that would be way expensive...

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Grrrr...I just broke a bottle of red wine while unpacking the happy hour supplies. What a damn waste. I'm hoping this is not an omen for bad happenings today?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I have about 25 birds that are 3 years old, 25 that are 2 years old and 30 that are 1 year old
    I'm envious, even though that is a lot of chickenshit. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    soak that throat with a little whiskey from Sea's jar, some honey and a splash of lemon(cello).... It may not cure the sore throaat, but it will make it so you don't care you feel bad....
    +1

Gwamma is feeling decidedly off today. I think that when I mowed over that barkers nest - it went piffffftttt, and I think I breathed some in............ so today my throat is mighty sore and I am picking it was the dried up barkers nest ??????
    Thank goodness for google. I'd never heard of a barkers nest before. Funny expression - I'll be using it, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Grrrr...I just broke a bottle of red wine while unpacking the happy hour supplies. What a damn waste. I'm hoping this is not an omen for bad happenings today?
    Nope, it says right here in my Wicca for Dummies handbook that a broken bottle of red wine portends good fortune.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Nope, it says right here in my Wicca for Dummies handbook that a broken bottle of red wine portends good fortune.
    Excellent, I shall be waiting!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i miss my chooks too. i used to have them where i lived before. chicken poo is incredibly good for the garden. a friend of mine has a system of chook houses and runs that she rotates the chooks and veges thru which works really well.

it is not working keeping off the ankle. too much drama sitting still. i have just been doing a bit of recycling. we climbed all over one of the local earthmover's tip sites as they have several squashed old houses there. ready made firewood which is always very handy. someone who i wont name LOL drunk all my whisky in the jar so i will need to get some more but i will be doing the whisky trick for the ankle. it is bound to work!

Is there a wicca for dummies book J?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    There probably is Sea, but I was really trying to make LL feel good. I once thought I'd gotten one of the hottest young men I knew to fall in love with me via a spell. Seven years later, he was a drunk and I had to leave him or I'd have never finished college. Needless to say, I've never cast another spell.

Joints are funny things. Sometimes they heal by working through the pain, and sometimes the best thing is RICE: rest, ice, compression, and elevation. I know you'll be able to tell which is best for you.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    yep I will be trying the whiskey thing when I next indulge - thanx for that Doc - I actually missed it earlier - Sorry.............
    LL I hope you popped the remainder through the sieve.............. nah - just joking - I will shout you a nice one when you fly down................. especially now that DH just sold a HUGE property..... we can afford to eat this week !!!!!!!!
    J - just come and live over here, DH will find you a nice wee place with some room for birds, beef and buff ????? couldn't think of another B word !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

LL I hope you popped the remainder through the sieve.............. nah - just joking - I will shout you a nice one when you fly down................. especially now that DH just sold a HUGE property..... we can afford to eat this week !!!!!!!!
    Yay for Mr Gwamma bringing home the bacon (literally). The bottle was totally wasted Gwamma it was still in the bag and I dropped it on the driveway in front of my office, the glass cut through the bag and the beautiful red stuff poured out into the gravel. Such a waste. Now the carpark smells like an off licence on a Friday night....there's also a smear of dried up red in front of the door, although I did pour a jug of water on it.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I once thought I'd gotten one of the hottest young men I knew to fall in love with me via a spell. Seven years later, he was a drunk and I had to leave him or I'd have never finished college. Needless to say, I've never cast another spell.
    my granny was an astrologer and did things like read the tea leaves. my aunty did all that too. she once said to me that all those spells for personal gain work but they will bring you no happiness. a good case of careful what you wish for. that whole area is incredibly interesting. and so coloured with different opinions, fear and so on. but i will stop. it is so not gonna be a deep and meaningful day today!