Page 285 of 533 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 5326

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 285

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    i can declutter the Lemoncello!!! yes where is misabi?? my vivos are so amazing that i need to work out where to get a new pair from for when these wear out. which will be soon at the rate i am going.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i can declutter the Lemoncello!!!
    Yay! I have a half bottle with a cork stuck in the neck that snapped off at the top, we may need to strain the cork out before ingesting.

I have a pair of size 40 Vibram Merrels for sale if anyone wants them? $20 and they're yours. Very lightly worn as they did bad things to my toes and then I needed to move to orthotics anyway which wouldn't fit (not to mention pointless use of barefoot shoes).

These baby's here:Barefoot Life Wonder Glove - Women's - Barefoot Shoes - J57976 | Merrell In Aluminium
    Last edited by Lizzielou; 03-24-2013 at 04:01 PM.

they will fit me. Do you have a link to what they look like? i am off to the pub now LOL driven totally mad by the kids and my skype meeting has been moved to 1:30. i am really just going to have coffee and get the kids some chips for shutting up whilst i have been working. prob gonna go leap in the almost as good as sex shower over the hill.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Oh My Goodness - lordy be,
    Gwamma is sore - as sore as can be
    middle daughter arrived with the horse in tow
    wanna go riding - I should have said NO

but off we went with the reins in hand
    we cantered and trotted all over the land
    and now this old gwamma really is sore
    in fact i don't think I will go back for more

great fun - but sore bum !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Hey,
    Thanks for the welcome Transition has mostly been good, though Im still struggling to find the right breakfast for me!
    I mean, bacon and eggs are good, but not for every breakfast!
    I also struggle to eat fat- I've always been a CW girl and lost the taste for it (I have a 'sweet tooth' rather than a 'fat tooth'!)
    It's so good to be here!
    H

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    hiya Heather - I actually enjoy boiled eggs for brekkie - if I have it, but sometimes I eat steak and salad, or brocolli, cauli and spinach with cheese on top. Really breakfast can be anything. My DH doesn't really get into this way of eating, however he eats what I put in front of him - so if he gets Steak and mushrooms for breakfast on a bed of lettuce - he hasn't complained yet.
    You will find what works for you, and it might be that you don't eat until lunch time ?????
    But good luck and please don't be a stranger. We have far too much fun on this thread and hopefully we don't offend anyone along the way -
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I usually have a brie omlette for breakfast. you do go off the sweet stuff as time goes on.

sounds like a fun afternoon. i love riding horses but very very slowly LOL much prefer the iron ones if i have to go fast. did you go bareback or have a saddle?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi hi everyone! Lemoncello - lovely stuff. Brie omelettes. More yum. I used to sometimes indulge in brie macaroni and cheese.

Gwamma, it was about 1:15am here when you asked me what time it was, but I had practically fallen asleep on my keyboard.

I slept in this morning. It felt great.

While I love the Limoncello from Italy, I can make a very good imitation of it for about a third of the price, so I usually do that. Pretty simple: zest a lemon or two in strips (try not to get the pith as it's bitter), put the strips in a bottle of vodka. Everything I've read says it takes a week, but I get a nice lemony flavor overnight. If it's too sour, add a little sweetener of choice, and if you don't like it clear, squeeze a little lemon juice in it. I can make a liter for just under $8 compared to the $25 authentic one. Actually, any citrus zest works really well in vodka.

Gwamma, hope you don't have to sit on pillows for too long. But I bet the ride was tons of fun.

LL, what kind of newsletter do you do?

Sea, it amazes me how calm you are when the cat has a rat in the house. That would send me shrieking like an old 1950's comic strip woman standing on a chair. I loathe mice and rats. I'd rather see a snake in my house than a rodent. *shudder* We get little tiny lizards here, but they're so cute that if they come into the house, I catch them and release them outside.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Sea, it amazes me how calm you are when the cat has a rat in the house. That would send me shrieking like an old 1950's comic strip woman standing on a chair. I loathe mice and rats. I'd rather see a snake in my house than a rodent. *shudder*
    my exhubby taught me indirectly not to be scared of almost anything. all this fear of the unknown is one thing but the hider was already in my house. mice and rats are pretty inconsequential in the face of that. he didnt teach me not to be scared of sharks when i am diving but i am reliably told the trick there is to make a conscious decision not to care about them. which is gonna be my next plan of attack! my dad btw shot an entire wall out of a house with a shotgun when he was a kid as there was a cobra in the house. the house was made of tin and there were shotguns all over the place. the cobra was in front of the wall in the bedroom at the bottom of the bed when he woke up. he got in trouble LOL

i make brie sauce to go with pan fried chicken breasts but never thought of brie mac n cheese. brie cauli and cheese it would have to be now. GF pasta is truly disgusting. too much so to be any part of any 20%. blue cheese cauli and cheese i reckon would be good too.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    i make brie sauce to go with pan fried chicken breasts
    Yum! Sadly, since going "no factory meat," chicken will probably be a once or twice a month thing. It's really all mental. A factory chicken on sale can be less than a dollar a pound. Free wheeling, running around chickens who got to live without getting their beaks cut off - between five and seven dollars a pound. Once I get over that, I'm sure I'll add a weekly chicken back into my life. It's a matter of reminding myself that with factory chicken, I throw away the skin and bones and with pastured, I can use everything. And now: because I want to put brie sauce over chicken breasts!

I've never tried GF pasta, and since I allow myself the occasional wheat treat, I eat a pasta called Fiber Gourmet. I don't know how they do it, but it's lower calories (about 33%). The only difference I really notice is cooking time. I allow myself a 3 oz portion when I eat it. I haven't tried to make cauliflower rice yet, but it's definitely on my to-do list.

Oh, my manners! Good morning everyone! I'm guessing most of you are still asleep since it's about 4am your time tomorrow. LOL. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Sunny and 50F (10degC). After a couple of rainy/cloudy days, it's good to see some sunshine, even for a lazy old layabout like me.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite