Page 282 of 534 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 282

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Well, I stand corrected.... I don't know why I though HP was filmed in NZ.... I must have read it on the internet... and you can't put anything on the internet the isn't true! lol OBTW... I did say I was a clueless Yank....
    I know ppl who worked on some of the Potter movies' FX - Framestore in London did a fair bit, but I think a few other houses were involved. Ah, the glory days. Husband was stuck on other projects, sadly.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    One day I will bite the bullet and shell out the money for wild boar/pig. It's so expensive even for the belly here. Sea, I think maybe you've inspired me. I've been thinking since I moved to Louisiana (a right to carry state)* that I should take shooting lessons. That would solve three things. One, I'd know how to shoot without closing my eyes when I pull the trigger. Two, I could have a weapon in my home for self-defense. Three, I could get someone to take me to the swamps and kill a pig.

Of course then I'd have to buy an extra freezer, but that's fine.

*A right to carry state is one where as long as you're not a convicted felon, you will be issued a permit to carry a concealed weapon in public.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    woohoo badger - you, like me - are famous by default !!!!!!! yay for us ...............

Joanie - if you end up shooting the pig, remember you will have to gut it, skin it, etc..... I can't be doing any of that shit...... I might get my hands dirty !!!!!!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I'm right there with you, Gwamma - here we would call me an IAP - Italian American Princess. I've gutted/cleaned fish, but never a mammal. Hmmm. You know, now I'm thinking it might be cool. But I'd have to have someone who knew what they were doing beside me. I'm thinking that once you can gut a pig, you never again have to go through a divorce. (Yes, I really said that in public and I'll have to claim I was drunk when next I return.) heh
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

no - no - no I can't cut the poor wee fish. Those damned staring eyes all gobbly and fish like - and then there is the pig - no no no Gwamma aint gonna do this - I think I might be more of a bloody prissy Scottish, Irish, French, Kiwi princess !!!!!
    But I can cope with that. You and Seas can prepare the hunt, spend hours roaming the NZ bush, find and shoot the thing, gut it, carry it out, skin, bone, and butcher it, cook it, plate it up and serve........................ and me being the prissy little princess that I am - can come and EAT IT !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Get thee to the scullery, Princess. You'll be cleaning the dishes while the hunters get drunk! LOL.

B*tch-lite

................ yeah but no but yeah but no but ........... if you decided to up the ante and go on a man hunt instead............... Gwamma would be up there with the hunters rather than in the kitchen preparing the gatherings................

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    ................ yeah but no but yeah but no but ........... if you decided to up the ante and go on a man hunt instead............... Gwamma would be up there with the hunters rather than in the kitchen preparing the gatherings................
    Sadly, it's not legal to gut them, and I did want to try wild pig.

I just did a cool thing. I googled a map of "canterbury, NZ" and then went to the satellite version. I can see the Hagley Golf Course and the Christchurch Botanic Gardens! Cool beans.

B*tch-lite

woohoo - you could look at my cave ............
    head out the northern motorway - go onto tram and then I am on South Eyre ................

...small steps....

You are out in the countryside! Very pretty out there.

B*tch-lite