Page 281 of 535 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 5349

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 281

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    They were bison! I felt so blessed. I think cold might be odd maybe? Too greasy? But hot is like bovine elixir. I've had beef also and it's just as good as the bison, except the bison is a little thicker in consistency.

And as always, since this cavegirl doesn't waste a thing, the bones will go into broth, and in their third incarnation, I'll give them to the neighbor dog. I might bleach one of them to add to my collection.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    yum J - that looks awesome.
    We actually have a Mummy, Daddy and baby bison in a paddock on the way into Rangiora. They are the most amazing animals.
    "look at the buffalo " I said to DH - the first time we saw them
    "they are Bison" he said
    "okay mr no-it-all, how do you know that"
    "Just cos" was his reply................
    I want to get me some buffalo.......I could call it buffy the lo !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Buffy the lo. You're funny!

If I understand correctly there are a couple of types of bison that aren't buffalo. But the North American Bison is the same animal as the North American Buffalo. Bison/buffalo - it all delicious.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yeah, i think it was TVNZ family of channels that had secret circle. it ws. . . fun and silly. kind of like how. . . uhm, Charmed was. But with better lighting. Also, the boy who played John COnnor in the Sarah Connor Chronicles, which is a terminator TV show, and I LOVE TERMINATOR things, so i loved it. Also, ditched after year 1, btw.

i want to see the second season of the one with aliens and uhm, Noah Wylie, but I haven't seen it around. annoyance!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

i want to see the second season of the one with aliens and uhm, Noah Wylie, but I haven't seen it around. annoyance!
    Yes I remember the one, I enjoyed that. I like those apocalyptic ones like The Walking Dead, and there was that other one a while back.....Jericho, but I think that got canned after one season too. Yet somehow we get fifty million season's of Survivor........who actually watches that shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Survivor........who actually watches that shit?
    I was thinking t'other day - how any one of us could go in a survivor/tribal type series and do bloody well !!!!!!! but I don't actually watch it, but at least we would be fat adapted, lifting heavy, kill shit......................... it could be fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Harry Potter was filmed in Scotland -- none of it was filmed here. Though, some of the FX might have been done here. . . but I don't know. I don't think I know anyone who worked on potter here.
    Well, I stand corrected.... I don't know why I though HP was filmed in NZ.... I must have read it on the internet... and you can't put anything on the internet the isn't true! lol OBTW... I did say I was a clueless Yank....

Re: Survivor and all 'reality' shows. There's a quote: "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."

I hate to say it, but it's true. It's about economics, and I'm very okay with that. Sadly, the dumbing down of America is a reality. The networks keep producing shows that people will watch because that's what generates advertising dollars. Scripted shows are dwindling while watching people make asses of themselves on 'reality' shows is on the rise. Also, reality shows are much less expensive to produce - fewer actors, fewer writers, fewer sets. If more of us watched quality scripted shows, that's what would appear on the air.

I used to pay about $90/month for TV including HBO/Showtime. When I moved a couple of years ago, I tried to see if I could live on what streams for free online. I thought if I stayed put for a year, I'd go ahead and get real TV. Two years later and this penny pincher is still watching free online shows. Take that, you shoddy reality show pushing networks! *chuckle*

B*tch-lite

Doc - we love clueless yanks over here !!!!...............
    and well done Joanie - on the no HBO thing. We do have my sky, but find we only watch the odd movie, and occassionalyy Mrs. Browns Boys - very funny !!!!!

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Doc - we love clueless yanks over here !!!!...............
    true that!

i think we get water buffalo here G. they make yoghurt and cheese out of the milk. and i am sure i saw a breeder for the american bison listed on the rare breeds website somewhere like southland. next time i go shopping, i will get the butcher to saw one of those big beef leg bones into slices for me and try the marrow thing. from memory the stuff mum used to eat cold on toast was set like a pate as she spread it? it was years and years ago. i will experiment.

paua for breakfast, blue cod for lunch and wild pork for dinner today. we're having a hunting food day.