Page 28 of 534 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128528 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 28

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    This is what I wear every day: yoga tights, yoga tank, dress over that OR a skirt/cardi combo.

I wear my vibrams with these! The black are best because they look more like a black flat, but I'm wearing my grey&blue ones today because I wore a hole into the bottom of my black and haven't been able to get another pair (they are out in my size online). So, i'm wearing my grey&blue ones. Or, I could wear my pink&orange ones.

I'mt rying to find a tennis dress to use as a swimsuit. I realized that I am just modest, I hate the way one-piece suits look, and I prefer to wear dresses. A lot of tennis dresses are really nice, and it's modest and it looks good. So, I'll probably go with that.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    A lot of tennis dresses are really nice, and it's modest and it looks good
    i have seen some really nice tennis dresses on trademe. i have owned in the past some really nice little surf label dresses of similar cut bt maybe not as fitted. again check out trademe. i have an ed hardy bikini. i dont like one pieces either. doubt i could manage the dress to swim in. i'd rather wear a pair of cut offs and a singlet. they stay put when you jump or go down the hydroslide. i usually wear jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt. i tend to stick with work boots or i have a pair of soul shoes leather jandals both of which are easy to get off if i go somewhere like the beach. i wear my assault boots when i am out on missions and my vibrams i will wear with my boardies if i am at the gym. or on my feet if i go whitebaiting or diving. so with a wetsuit or cut off shorts.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Zoe, I am alot bigger than you - by the sounds of things, so I do not wear togs much....but....I have started to wear a wee short tie lavalava over my togs. This may have the same effect as a tennis dress ? I am so looking forward to feeling comfotable in togs again.... but still a ways to go !
    have the best day girls, and If I am in CHCH today I might just buy me a fish skeleton !!!!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I might just buy me a fish skeleton
    i saw the coolest tattoo in a book years ago which was this chick who had a fish skeleton horizontally from her back, around her ribs under one of her boobs. i have always wanted one like that but i have a dead tribal shark around my ankle bone instead for protection lol fish roe are incredibly yummy if you can get it. not to mention blue cod livers. i am so gonna see if i can put in a special order for fish livers when i am in town.

truthfully, i look fine in a bikini; I just don't like wearing them. I look fine in one-pieces; I don't like wearing them either.

i have looked on trademe and most things are larger than my size on there. it's kinda weird. i'll probably order from the US and have it sent with my black vibrams.

something like this is nice
    Nike gorgous black/white dress sz 10 | Trade Me
    i so dont know what a "true" size 10 is tho as it wildly varies which is an issue buying clothing second hand. anyways i would wear that while i was out walking. there is another nice adidas one which is grey and white but it is a size 12 so it is too big.

GeoMike is offline Junior Member
    Hey Kiwis! It's nice to see this thread. My wife and I have a dream of one day moving to your beautiful country from the U.S.! She's going to be thrilled to see this! We promise to be good and to do our best not to bring the loud, troublesome, temperaments that Americans seem to be known for!

Part of the problem that I have is translating NZ sizing to US sizing, and I also don't know how that particular dress is sized. Is that the US size 10 (if so, too big). Is it the NZ size 10 (if so, it might fit).

Hey Mike -- I immigrated from the US, so if you have questions about it, let me know.

The three primary ways adults who do not have kiwi partners immigrate is: 1. you are insanely wealthy and want to invest here; 2. you start and/or revitalize an existing business; or 3. your job is in high demand, and you have an employer who wants to sponsor you.

We did 2.

nz 10 but the "true" size 10 is the issue as the sizes all have subtly changed somehow. someone could refer to themselves as a 10 and be what i call a 12 and visa versa. my guess here is it is what i call a proper 10 so smaller instead of heading to a size 12 if that makes sense lol

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    These are the vibrams I have just bought for work: Amazon.com: Merrell Women's Wonder Glove Barefoot Shoes: Shoes

I've had a few comments but they look quite normal so most people don't really notice that they are a little different. I managed to hurt my big toe a few days before I got them and I've finally given in and made an appointment to see the podiatrist tomorrow - I'm too scared to wear them to the appointment though. Podiatrists are so snarky about footwear!