Page 270 of 534 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 5339

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 270

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i think the local iwi are onto it LL. i was having a discussion with one of the more influential ones the other day about our customary fishing rights and he isnt into them taking our paua either. the big powers that be often dont listen to the little people tho. i so reckon John Key needs a crib down this way and to be into a bit of hunting and fishing myself. much as i cant stand the man and would have to resist the temptation of accidentally drowning him every time i saw him in the water, it may help the nation if he was more normal and not so loaded. heating up here. but then it always does when it has been chilly in the mornings and the sky is blue. not enough blackberries to be that dreamy G. everywhere is pretty intensively grazed here so we only get the borders. blackberrys are very palatable to stock, being a member of the rose family. the bush blocks in between are either sprayed or belong to people who dont like trespassers so no joy there. i did spot another drift of unripe blackberries just over the hill this morning so i will give them a week and go back.

daniellad is offline Junior Member
    HAha it's daniella, but i can see my user name is misleading! i'm out west. I just got back from the doctors and i've been 'diagnosed' with IBS....pretty sure thats just a bunch of symptoms they can't decide where from. My doctor is concerned about fibre intake, do you think it's ok to eat occassional oats for breakfast? the doctor raised an eyebrow when i mentioned i had 3 eggs for breakfast a few times a week....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Daniella - welcome to our liitle kiwi thread - where we can all rant and rave, encourage and critique -
    .................out west - where?????? and no I don't eat grains of any sort, but thats my decision. You will decide what you want to eat - no-one else can force you !
    good luck
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Hi Daniella, I have IBS too. I'm pretty sure the Dr is only encouraging you to eat oats because he/she is concerned that you'll be constipated without any whole grains in your diet. Don't worry too much about that, you'll probably find that with so much vege and fruit and without processed food to bung you up that you don't get constipated at all. Well that's what I've found anyway. I have almost no IBS symptoms these days, and when I do it's usually because I've been cheating and not looking after myself.

Let us know how you go.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i don't eat any grains unless i'm eating mexican food. Then I eat beans and rice and corn (tortillas). There's a new mexican place a block from our offices and it's GOOD and affordable. Half-price burritos on Fridays. this is awesome, because we tend to dine out on fridays, and this can be our new favorite place. hazzah!

good morning all - very chilly morning here today, almost a frost !!!!!!!!

Lunch at the mud house yesterday was devine !!!!!

EVENTS | Mud House Winery and Cafe

I will definately go back !!!!!!
    Today I am collecting prizes for a golf tournament that the Lions are running - so should be interesting.
    Also I have made another lolly house and some marshmellow/chocolate sticks. These are for a couple of girls leaving from DHs work - so a busy morning for Gwamma.
    Our little Sumatrian 'flatmate' was featured in the paper yesterday. I didn't realise that she had previously trained as a Lawyer back in Indonesia. Anyway she is training to be a chef, and doing exceptionally well - so a nice wee bonus for her!
    I am back to sleeping well, and I am adamant it is the cutting of the coffee. I miss it thou, and am hoping that one day I will find a substitute for it.
    anyhoo enough ramblings from old Gwamma !!!!!!

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma - a life without coffee sounds a bit harsh to me! How about restricting to one cup per day, mornings only? Oh and i have serious Mud House envy.

Zoe, that Mexican sounds yummy. I totally think a girl's gotta live a little, even if it means the odd bit grain in our diets.

Having a nice cruisy morning with DH here to help with the morning routine and he can do the early pick up for DS so I don't need to go to work early this morning. Yay! Getting my hair done tonight so all in all it's looking like a good day is in store - just so long as solicitors do their jobs properly today (but that's another work story I won't bother you with), friggin overpaid morons.

Having a bit of a skin issue ATM though. As you know I am plagued with pimply skin that mostly seems to be related to hormones. At Christmastime I switched to coconut oil cleansing which didn't help, but didn't make things worse. A few weeks ago my mother suggested that I just try shower gel as this was recommended to her by a dermatologist years ago and works well for her. So 10 days of shower gel (I use Simple or Ecostore) and my face is in a shocking state - like embarrassed to leave the house kind of state. I don't think I've ever had so many zits at once, and they are fierce, sore, red ones too. So I'm day 3 back on the coconut oil, but still looking like a pimply teenager, and I just had my period last week so it's not even my usual premenstrual break out! Arghhh, I don't know what to do about this?!

LL - two things come to mind - firstly do not wash your face in anything but water for a few days. use a soft flannel if you must, but hands are actually pretty good too - cos you can feel the skin clean. Second thought is - do you sit at your desk sometimes with your chin resting on your hands ??? do you rub your chin when thinking or doing other things ????
    If so - stop immejitly !!!!!!!! I used to have terrible skin, and someone suggested to me to get my hands off my face !!!!!!
    I suppose even thou we wash the wee digits, they still carry all sorts of bugs
    anyway good luck
    G x

...small steps....

OMGoodness DRAMA

Gwamma has found a half eaten apple tucked under the bench in the kitchen. Looks like its only been there a day or two............................................ who, what, where, how ???? Gwamma is thinking the teeth marks look like little grandbabies, but they haven't been at Gwammas for weeks...........................may-be its a rat ????? Heaven forbid that gwamma should have a wild RAT in her house. I love pet rats but not wild ones.......................... Gwamma is on the case..................

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i hate rats too!!!!!!!! ugh. my cat does get them but it really depends if she can be bothered. she is half siamese half ragdoll so she is smart. too smart for her own good sometimes. she knows they dont taste good. soooo she will get them if they prance in front of her or she is bored. otherwise she will bail outside for 5 to get a baby rabbit when she is hungry. if i didnt love my house so much, i would be tempted to get them with the pump action at night in the kitchen when they venture out LOL it could also be a mouse or several?

LL try just washing your face with warm water and dont moisturise at night. give your skin a chance to breathe. and yes to what G says about leaning on your chin.