Page 27 of 535 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127527 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 27

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    lol drugs!!! actual i am not lying as i think vitamins are classed as drugs i got my vibrams from a place in OZ having a sale for about $180 all up. they are ksos but they are grey as that was the only colour i could get and i dont like them for that reason. my next pair will be black altho i am sorta falling on the side of getting some nike free runs of some kind. the vibrams are all nice and funky but absolutely not conducive to subtlty of any kind.

Amy786 is offline Junior Member
    Hello, Amy here.

Great to see a Kiwi thread here. I'm very new to this all. Referred to this website by a gym I use to attend when I lived in NZ.
    I'm 32 and have ballooned out to 91kg! I moved across to OZ just over a year ago and have been a bit out of sorts, unsettled. I've slowly had my weight creep up. Having only just coming across MDA (in the last week). So really in baby steps of getting rid of sugar and grains. Anyway, good to see Kiwis are on here! Any advise or tips for this newbee would be great thanks!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a peacekeeper, but my husband is *and* his parents splinter (scroll down to People of the Lie) and enter into massive manipulation triangles.

There are lots of reasons why we moved to NZ. I'm not looking forward to their visit.

Amy --

Just keep it simple. Follow the basics and then as you get settled into how it works, you can fine-tune things. Give it at least 3 months of basic PB before going into any of the "specialties" that some people are into (very low carb, intermittent fasting, etc).

Good luck with it!

hey Amy! welcome =) my best advice is read the stuff on here. read what mark says about the primal blueprint. work out what works for you. most of all have fun.

I just got my two new pairs of vibrams (sent to me by my parents). my classics are grey and blue and the bikilas are fluoro orange and bright pink (with silvery-grey accents!).

I really prefer the un-subtlety of them. Though, i will probably get a black pair for "formal" wear for christmas. LOL I dont' think my pink ones will match this one dress of mine.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Amy - welcome, and yes I agree - keep it simple and stick to the basics to start with. Take notice of your body and enjoy the journey
    all the best
    My vibrams are black and red - too many colours to choose from on this forum, but not the day I bought mine LOL

G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

i just get sick of the WTF are on your feet comments myself. i do like the bikilas tho.

Most people are really positive about mine. I get a lot of "cool shoes!" and 'where did you get your shoes?"

But, that's city living maybe.

I wore heels on a long, flat city walk, and my knees hurt afterwards. I decided to not wear heels anymore.

i've never tried to wear vibrams around town. the mind does boggle. i guess if they were a better colour than grey and i had loads of sports gear on and was looking sporty, i may get away with it. i avoid heels tho if i can. i can walk in them but it is a wierdly discomforting feeling. like i am out in some bizarre bdsm gear lol i hate the fact i cant run in heels too well.

interesting fish broth experiment last night. i got a salmon frame from the fish shop. i put it in a big pot of water with some vinegar and put a lid over the pot and put the heat on real real low overnight. when i got up this morning, it has fish broth in. the other weekend when we went fishing, i got the frames. blue cod frames. i did the same thing with them. similar volume of frames to water. now guess which one produced the most oil? yes the blue cod! i do think it is possible, but i need to ask, that all the fresh salmon we get is farmer fresh water salmon but i will check.

going on a bush bash today hopefully and am going to see if i can get kina and smoked kingfish for my middle daughter and a haul of fish and shell fish from the fish shop for my whole 30. mmmmm kina. too cold to go get in the sea and look for it lol

have decided. cream in my coffee. i have had a cup and i feel like i have. it tasted awesome and i enjoyed it. the coconut manna has no appeal at all anymore. neither does more coffee for now.