Page 267 of 534 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 5339

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 267

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    still raining here. we had some kind of stop work meeting at school yesterday but we could opt to leave the kids there. so i did as i have to work. then it turns out the principle of the school shows them this really sad movie. one of the little kids was crying too. so next time. the kids reckon they will come home and not disturb me at all LOL

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Well we got an email about a week ago saying that they'd be having these short days, no offer of keeping the kids if we needed too. Then on friday another email reminding us and stating that everyone should have already organised supervision with the office if needed. WTF?

Oh well its not like I can't start early to make up the time. I'd just rather not.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    morning troups - yep still drizzling here. We have had heaps !!!!!!!
    Party went off very well - daughter totally wasted by the end of night. She was mixing too many drinks !!!!!!
    I started off the night as being "mum you are awesome" to " mum you djxkhrgkdegrkjxdgk"
    So thank goodness I don't take drunken words to heart !!!!! LOL I have no idea where this daughter gets her naughty nonesence from ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

off to take we Tui the dog into vet for a wee kennel cough boost. She is going into the Kennels over Easter. We are taking the Jet Boat to Haast. Lots of really tricky rivers to navigate down there but alot of fun all the same.

I hope everyone is being good !!!!!!!
    Me x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I get really ropeable about schools and working parents. it is one thing which totally shoots women in the foot ( and i use that term loosely as some men do look after the kids, but generally it is the women ). school holidays, occasional days, teacher only days are so not work friendly. and alot of us cannot afford not to work. and if we are forever taking time off for those sorts of things, it makes us seen as "unreliable". we miss out on promotions, get paid less. etc etc plus OMG school holiday programs. how much do they cost. i am SO lucky i have been able to work from home.

morning G!!! i dont do drunken rudeness at all. ugh. you poor thing. i also try to be sufficiently matriachal that all my daughters dont get drunk in my presence LOL well 2 are too young right now. we have tendencies to different nefarious habits in the whanau here anyways and to be honest, with me in charge as the shining example of good behaviour, what could go wrong!!!!!!

Jet boating sounds so much fun. i love the haast as well. take a gun in case you see anything to hunt.

I love that 'take a gun in case' LOL!

Bah, I totally feel the same as you Sea's. I go totally out of my way to organise a childcare/work situation that fits with school hours and then bam they go and change the hours so it doesn't work at all.

OMG more stress about my redec. Just found about 5 power points not working. Seriously WTF is going on? Oh and the painter and wardrobe installers have just messed up the nice clean carpet and bathroom, so guess who gets to clean tomorrow?

i am just looking at my carpet and i need to clean it too. my fave feline brought yet another rabbit in and it looks like she must have severed a major artery whilst snuffing it behind my computer desk. i can manage the paintwork which is looking a tad theatrical but i have no clue even what will remove major blood stains off carpets. and ya know some days i would rather have an office to go in and clean. altho the problem i found with cleaning, when i used to clean for a living, is you were the bottom of the heap and everyone took out their shit on you. so it wasnt such a stress free option in the end at all.

Yes I always feel bad for my cleaner at work, she gets all the crap jobs and I do love to demand that she does them right now, or by 'such and such' time. It must be sucky. Mind you, being the manager ain't so shit hot either. I get blamed for everything that goes wrong and am expected to sort it out straight away, which isn't always possible.

Righto, off to pick up DS. Laters...

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    the drunken debauchery wasn't too bad, because it was so funny !!!!!!!
    Yes I am thinking that the gun will be coming along, as well as the skinning knife, filleting knife, the billy and the grill.
    When we did our kitchen up on the farm, many years ago, we were given this flat grill because we bought so much stuff from this kitchen place. Its a wee bit like the flat plate on a BBQ. Not as big thou. Often on out Jet boat trips, the boys will drop me off on the side of the river, in a nice spot, I will gether the wood and prepare a fire, then we cook bacon/steak etc on the wee grill for lunch. Always the best lunches. I am wanting DH to make a wee stand thou, because invariably the stones that I use around the fire to contain said fire (and it holds up my little grill), often get hot and split, so we end up with meat in the fire etc etc etc. So I haven't got a stand as yet, but am wondering how I could make my own ??????
    I have plenty of iron standards around the place, but not sure how to bend them to fit in the fire etc.
    any ideas would be welcome !!!!! and it cant be too heavy as the jet boat performs better when the load is lighter !!!!!!!! So I am told repeatedly !!!!!!!! If only I could lose some weight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my thinking cap is on !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

google home made bbq ideas maybe? or something along those lines. i have a real cool book i got for $1 from a book sale which has pictures of all sorts of home made bbqs. the one i want to have is a dragon made of scrapyard metal with the plate on its back and the smoke comes out of the nose. way way cool but maybe not practical to put in a jet boat.