Page 263 of 536 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 5355

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 263

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LOL i dont really like sultanas but you may get some benefit thata way! I so dont like gin. My dad used to put it in his tea!!! brandy and sultanas you would have to have the sultanas or it would get ugly as you know i would win the arm wrestle actual i could do with a brandy around about now. i wonder if i could just slink off to the pub at lunch time and skip lunch. medicinal purposes. the school is only up the road too so the kids would see the car.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    They were temporarily out of bison liver, so I got beef heart and tongue. I haven't had tongue since I was young - it's fairly common at delis in New York where I grew up. And as long as I was ordering, I indulged in some healthy chicken, ground lamb, pastured hot dogs, and some bison marrow bones. I'm going to roast those bones the minute they get here and just eat the marrow with a spoon. They're very expensive in restaurants, so I'll pretend I'm rich.

You all are so lucky that factory farming hasn't become the blight that it has here.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

that is for sure. i have heard rumours of feed lots up Chch way where they grain feed the cattle for the japanese market. everything i see around here is out in paddocks. except the poor chickens and pigs =( are the bison wild or farmed? i havent had beef heart but i eat venison hearts and lamb hearts. and tongue i love but it is so expensive. everyone here slings it when they home kill too. sacrilege or what!

Sorry about the imbibing Sea - I misunderstood. I think my brain is in overdrive thinking that everyone is having a great time drinking because I've had to cool it for a bit.

My drink of choice is tequila. But in summer, sometimes I want a very dry martini. So dry that I just rub a little vermouth on the glass - or if I don't have vermouth, I just whisper, "vermouth" over the gin. Two olives. Ice freakin' cold.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

The bison are farmed, but not factory.

I've got some beef brining for St. Patrick's Day. They do the cutest thing here. For the Mardi Gras parades, they throw beads and toys into the crowd, and for the St. Pat's parades, they throw cabbages and veggies into the crowds so people can make corned beef and cabbage for the holiday. So, on Saturday, I'll be out at the parade trying to catch a cabbage. LOL - I truly need a life.

B*tch-lite

bourbon or whisky all the way here. other than a liquer of some kind in coffee. usually sambucha, drambuie or something like that. i can do stolen rum, which is a brand of rum, not me doing a bit of a runner from the bottle shop with plunder. it is a golden rum not a dark or white rum so i think there is apparently a difference. mexican stand off in my house atm. i run into one of my mates on the road whilst i was going over the hill to get my washing out of the washing machine in the place with water. he gave me the little dog to look after for "10 mins". a good hour ago LOL it comes in my house and my cat nails it. so i have the cat in the living room locked up with me and the dog locked in the kitchen so as he has a dog to come fetch. it is one of those dogs like your neighbour's G. it isnt too yappy at all. except when it is chasing any cat other than mine LOL

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    We love golden rum here too Seas, when we lived in the UK we could buy Morgans Spiced rum and it has a lovely flavour. Still have a bottle of it lurking in our cabinet too. I'm not a huge fan of gin, but I do love the odd G&T so keep a bottle handy for such occasions.

Still no word from DH. I'm trying not to hassle him with too many texts but the suspense is killing me. Might go have some lunch to kill a bit of time. Its a very boring day at work which is not helping.

Go shopping LL!! always good stress relief. Or turn your phone off and come to the pub with me!!! you could prob make a spiced rum? i still have some aquavit i made from vodka and herbs and spices. and i have made cointreau from bourbon by just sticking orange rind and honey in bourbon and leaving it for a while. am getting a bit ansty here. i was gonna go ride the hog and the little dog is somewhat cramping my style. i could just bung it in the kennel and go. which i poss will do if the owner hasnt appeared by 1:30. i def cant leave it on its own in the house or it will be toasted. the cat has a huge headless bunny, which is almost larger than her, under my computer table so she is not in the mood to take any crap at all. she growled this morning and headed menacingly towards the door when one of the neighbours dropped by with her dog. siamese blood i tell you. they are so freaking aggro with anything else furry but absolute sweethearts with people.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    siamese blood i tell you. they are so freaking aggro with anything else furry but absolute sweethearts with people.
    My older tonk girl hates the kids but not in a ferral way just in a terrified run away non trusting way - yet she's also strangly curious and will be around the kids at all times watching them from behind the sofa or just out of reach.

I'd love to go shopping. Think I've had my fill this week already though as I hit the Briscoes sale yesturday. I needed to replace tea towels and bath towels before we go away. No point taking nasty old things. The pub idea sounds good and I would def switch of both cells (such is my life ATM that I have to carry around two of the dratted things).

Still no reply from DH. I just checked stuff but theres been no reports of any planes ditching in the cook straight today!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just checked stuff but theres been no reports of any planes ditching in the cook straight today!
    LOL you prob do need to go to the pub for a drink if your mind is working like that! you could go shop for something you cant take home like a facial or a massage. always nice. or just go to the gym. even better! i am considering a hobble up the road to test the ankle instead of a blat on the hog. but we shall see. i still have some work to do. dog has just gone home. and did she look relieved to get away from the cat LOL