Page 262 of 534 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 262

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I agree with you on that one Seas - drinking - the root of all naughtiness !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so hope you get some of this rain forecast over the weekend - In fact I hope that the whole country gets some!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    yes fingers crossed. it seems to be this moving target. it is always going to rain next weekend but never does. it did, oddly, rain in the middle of the night on weds night but the metservice never mentioned it was going to or said it had done. it wasnt just me that noticed either.

i would say beer is the root of all evil. i have seen some sad sad things with long term beer abuse.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Wow you girls were up and cracking first thing this morning! Not so much in our household today, I had an early night only to be woken at 1130 by DD screaming her head off about an itchy bite on her foot. She finally went to sleep an hour later after much yelling (from all of us), then DH got up at 5.30am to get ready for his flight to Nelson. T.I.R.E.D.

Bugger about that ankle Seas. Try upping the anti-inflammatories for the next day or two - fish oil caps, green tea, blueberries, kelp, tumeric etc. I'm trying out an old home remedy for arthritis ATM because my toe has been playing up wickedly this week. Apparently you soak sultanas in gin, then eat 10 each day, and to be honest I can think of worse treatments! Off to the podiatrist after school today to be fitted with my shiny new orthotics which I have high hopes for (fingers crossed).

No word from DH yet about his meeting with his bosses, but I suppose its a little early yet. I've been texting him all morning with things like 'just walk out if they get shirty' and 'don't mention Brunei'. I'm so nervous for him (and us!), his bosses can be quite horrible if they want to be - did I mention the time they reported FIL to IRD when he left to work overseas? I wouldn't put anything past them.

NO NOT GREEN TEA!!! LOL my magnesium powder i got has green tea extract in and i have been dilligently taking that for the last few nights. plus more fish oil when i can choke the pills down. i am so bad at popping pills. i would be intrigued to know the logic behind the sultanas in gin? i could do sultanas in bourbon or whisky LOL or just make the leap and make it whisky in coffee!!! and yeah, fingers crossed on the orthotics. the ankle tho is getting better by the minute. yay for strength training and natural movement patterns!!!

Pretty sucky about reporting FIL to the IRD. Unless they had to in some official way, As in they had to do a tax return on the wages they paid him somehow and it happened by default that way. i do struggle with the prevalence of reporting people to the authorities which goes on in this country. Hopefully the meeting will go smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    NO NOT GREEN TEA!!! LOL
    Wimp! I couldn't see the logic of the sultanas and gin either, but I'm desperate enough to try.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    Pretty sucky about reporting FIL to the IRD. Unless they had to in some official way, As in they had to do a tax return on the wages they paid him somehow and it happened by default that way. i do struggle with the prevalence of reporting people to the authorities which goes on in this country. Hopefully the meeting will go smoothly.
    No they did not need to report him to the IRD, he had already left and they were angry because he was their senior pilot and was practically impossible to replace. He went back to work for them after a couple of years overseas too, crazy! He still works for them 10 years later and he seems to have forgotten what arses they were to him back then. They seem to take it personally when someone chooses to leave, like its because they are unhappy or disgruntled so have decided to take jobs elsewhere. In fact its usually only because the money is better overseas but they never do anything to change that! Its a very common occurance in the aircraft industry to declare yourself tax exempt and work overseas in tax free countries leaving your money stashed in offshore accounts.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Interesting shifts lately. I'm in the midst of a 21 day no alcohol thing, and Sea is imbibing a bit at home for ankle pain. Gwamma gives up coffee, and for the last three days, I've gone from a mug a day to three mugs/day. Not sure it means anything, just being silly.

Something a little cool. I ordered from a company called USWellness (chicken and organs and lard oh my). Anyway, what I didn't know when I ordered was that they only ship on Mon, Tues, and Wed. Any order after 10am on Wed doesn't ship 'til the following Monday. Anyway, I placed my order not knowing this at 9:59AM Wednesday morning. Then I read about shipping days and figured it would just ship Monday. Nope - got an email a few hours later stating my order had shipped. Arrives tomorrow. Yay.

Okay, so I looked up sultanas, and they are either raisins or the wife/concubine of a sultan. Since I'm guessing soaking a concubine in gin might be fun, but wouldn't do much for ankle pain, I'm guessing raisins. heh. Hope you feel better, Sea, even if there are no available concubines to soak.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a fat hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Okay, so I looked up sultanas, and they are either raisins or the wife/concubine of a sultan. Since I'm guessing soaking a concubine in gin might be fun, but wouldn't do much for ankle pain, I'm guessing raisins. heh. Hope you feel better, Sea, even if there are no available concubines to soak.
    Oh too funny! I'd never thought about sultanas being a name not used elsewhere. I always thinks for sultana's as slighly bigger and more moist than raisin's, but yeah they are practically the same thing.

I've never had my lard and organs delivered before . Wow you reallly can get anything online can't you?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Yes, and thank goodness. I love New Orleans. It's a party town. One of the few cities left in the US where you can drink alcohol on the street (just not in a glass container). Pretty much live and let live. Lots of music. Lots of things to do. About a quarter of a million people.

And yet sometimes, it's as weird as living in East Nowhere. I have driven myself stupid trying to find unhydrogenated lard in the grocery stores. There are butchers of course, but even with the handling charge, it's cheaper to have the stuff shipped 1100 miles (not a typo) than to get it locally. We're getting a Costco here in late summer, early fall, and I can't wait. I keep my membership card current from when I lived near one and get my coffee delivered (20% less expensive than local). I have an Amazon subscription for canned sardines (12 cans arrive on the first of every month) because the bpa-free cans are cheaper than Whole Foods Market and I haven't seen them at any other markets. So, in some ways N'Orleans is forward thinking and in other ways it's still 1950.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a fat hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

I couldn't see the logic of the sultanas and gin either, but I'm desperate enough to try.
    it is a much better remedy to try in desperation than many i have seen. gin is a wierd one tho. i dont drink gin and i havent been imbibing Joan. tsk tsk. In fact i have deliberately avoided all opportunities as i cant exercise it off. the most alcohol i have had of recent has been in the arnica drops! gin i never drink. never have. euww. but i am reliably informed it makes people very emotional. sultanas are simply a type of raisin. less dried out than a normal raisin maybe? so they would be pure sugar and carbs pretty much. i've never seen either gin or grapes as having any medicinal properties. so what do we have..relaxant, emotional release, natural sugar. at the very least it will chill you out and give you some energy, poss stimulate circulation maybe? LOL and maybe taste much better than neat gin!!!

i have an old china rose called tipsy imperial concubine. it was named after some chinese emporer's fave concubine who was apparently always smashed.

what sorta organs have you ordered Joanie? i make my own lard out of the nice clean white back fat off the wild pigs we get. i can also thankfully buy free range pastured lard over the counter here if i run out.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    gooly - all sorts happening this morning !!!!!!!
    LL that absolutely sux about FIL....... but don't stress............... and as a stress release please report back to us on here !!!
    Seas I think there is something to be said for soaking sultanas and gin - however I would actually be throwing away the sultanas, which leaves you with ?????????????????

Joanie - we must be psyhic or psyco ??????? doing the coffee thing together - sort of !!!!!!

On the news front little GB2 is now making real progress with his speech. He drinks a heap of water as well, so I suggested to DD1 that she should get him tested for diabeties when at the doctor next......... so she goes to the doctor yesterday and totally forgets to ask cos she chatting about all and sundry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kids ay ??????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....