Page 261 of 535 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 5341

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 261

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OK... I am going to show my ignorance here... I know little bit about kettlebell training. I've read Pavel's book Enter the Kettlebell, and I have seen the clubs you are mentioning but dont know anything about physical training with them. What are some of the benefits of using the clubs over a conventional kettlebell?

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    well kettlebells and dumbbells break your grip. as in they are 2 dimensional. clubbells are an extension of your arm so they are movement in 3d if that makes sense? clubbells are also way way heavier than the equivalent dumbbell. i got them to help strengthen my rotator cuff as i had stuffed it and i wanted to make it stronger so as it didnt happen again. personally i find they activate the core and the lower back with almost every exercise i do. things like barbarian squats are full body in a way barbell,dumbell or kettle bell squats arent. i reckon they are better too as they keep your balance and agility going all the time.

Ultimate Mass Builder - Clubbell Barbarian Squat - YouTube

i also do double arm casts and iron crosses.
    Clubbell - Iron Cross - YouTube

this is a bit of fun too. medieval weaponry. clubbells would be awesome training for lots of these!
    The Medieval Mace - YouTube

Interesting... I may have to find a book and read it... I'm a reader then a do-er type person...... I currently a doing the convict Conditioning bodyweight progressions, and at the end of March will start a 12 week stint of kettlebell, then rotate back to Convict Conditioning for another 12 weeks..... the thought of doing handstand pushups is intriguing, to say the least..... as are 1 leg squats

pistol squats? i can do them in water half way up to my knees but they are hard. one of the reasons i initially started one legged leg pressing and one legged lying hamstring curl was to train to pistol squat. then i worked out it really is a good way to train for many other reasons. i would love to try CC. i ordered it thru amazon before xmas and they never sent it. cancelled my order which was very annoying. kettlebells dont do it for me at all. the only thing i like doing with them is lunges and i cant afford kettle bells big enuf to lunge and i can lunge a pair of 21kg weights. 26 kgs if i really try. so i will stick with dumbbells as my gym has them that size. all those swings leave me cold too and get boring. i tend to like variety and things that make me think as well as exercise.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    That convict conditioning sounds interesting. I might need to get me the book too. I really really really have to lose this weight and get fit - so starting tomorrow...............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

what i really want is one of those pirate pdf copies of it to check it out! i have one of enter kettlebell. what i am interested in is the progressions. how do you get from not being able to do it to being able to do it. i am working on pullups atm except my personal trainer wouldnt let me do them today in case i fell off the pull up bar LOL he is such a girl sometimes for such a sadist. what you do there is jump the first bit of the way and then pull yourself up and then control the negative. we do 5,4,3,2,1 sets which are incredibly hard. who knows how long it will take before i can do them all without jumping but it makes my lats hurt and my arms every time after so iam doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    That convict conditioning sounds interesting. I might need to get me the book too. I really really really have to lose this weight and get fit - so starting tomorrow...............
    you just like the Convict part... lol the bad girl in you likes bad boys!

you just like the Convict part
    i prefer the ones smart enough not to get caught!

flushed the ankle last night. you do alternate hot and cold compresses. 3-4 mins hot, 1 min cold. about 4 times ending in cold. i used a hot water bottle and my nice icepack that dd#2 made me in technology last year. i can move my ankle in all directions now without stabbing pain and i can put much more weight on it than yesterday. i am a bit bummed it is the weekend as i reckon i will be able to walk on it within a day or so. the kids will just have to come with me LOL

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    you just like the Convict part... lol the bad girl in you likes bad boys!
    you know me too well darling Doc........

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i prefer the ones smart enough not to get caught!

flushed the ankle last night. you do alternate hot and cold compresses. 3-4 mins hot, 1 min cold. about 4 times ending in cold. i used a hot water bottle and my nice icepack that dd#2 made me in technology last year. i can move my ankle in all directions now without stabbing pain and i can put much more weight on it than yesterday. i am a bit bummed it is the weekend as i reckon i will be able to walk on it within a day or so. the kids will just have to come with me LOL
    ahem............. weren't you bringing the ankle, naughty little black car, and kids to my pool party/st patricks thing ?????

I go over on my ankle all the time Seas and I agree with you on the cold and hot routine. I generally ice for 20 minutes, as much as possible for the first 48, and then I use hot packs to break up swelling or blood or whatever has accumulated in the damned thing. When it is strong enough that is when I start to do the balance on one leg with your eyes closed thing !

good luck and I will go and feel sorry for myself because none of my wee cavemates are coming to the pary !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i average one ankle injury a year and it is always silly stuff like falling off weight benches with huge dumbbells whilst jumping cross overs or jumping off 2m fences LOL the good news is they are fixing quicker as i have worked alot on strengthening the area by always walking on uneven surfaces. i do have a low fence i walk on too and that helps. not to mention the standing on one leg with the eyes closed trick. not good when you have been drinking tho!