Page 26 of 523 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 26

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i think with the coffee and cream, if you give up something like that, along with everything else. you end up overeating as it is a dont weigh/eat what you want from this list type of food plan. i can have a cup of coffee and cream mid morning and a salad for lunch and be fine till dinner. i dont feel deprived, i dont feel hungry. but if i cant have coffee that i like, i end up snacking on nuts or something else potentially worse caloriewise.
    I agree with you so much Seaweed, so maybe we don't give up the coffee, maybe....just maybe we go 30 days without playing "hide the sausage" ????
    Nah couldn't do that - sos !!!!LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    lmao you are on form already and it's not even after dinner! what you really mean is 30 days without having sex with our pants on now dont you?! i am feeling quite stuffed with all that creamed coconut and am still thinking of food. bizarre. maybe we have some kind of part of our brain which needs to feel satisifed foodwise and coffee with cream does that for me.

Not too sure about the pants my girl ????
    I tried to do the coconut cream thing for a wee while, but just couldn't go there. Nothing tastes as good as cream, however i am so not losing any more weight - so I am gonna have to knock this wine thing on the head - just for a wee bit....... so its 6.30 and I havn't even felt the urge
    lets see how the rest of the night goes

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    glad the lamb is ok. my friend is in vet school, so she's chuffed that she finished her obstetrics stuff, and she was psyched to help with lambs and cows.

---

typically, we do handle our own families in terms of different things, and in terms of this, i opted to opt out.

The reality is that I really care about entertaining people. I work really hard to make sure that they'll be happy -- from intensive menu planning to finding the right housing to discovering special events that I know that they would love (in particular). I try to keep it to a strict budget, so that I can tell them exactly how much they need to set aside for holidays -- a sort of per diem.

I have done this in the past for them -- for holidays that I didn't even take -- and they either didn't follow those plans and then spent more money than they wanted, or they did follow the plans but had 10,000 complaints about those plans (it was too much walking, there wasn't enough walking, we don't really care for coffee shops, whatever).

I used to spend a lot of time and effort doing these things, only for it to be pitched. And then this year, there was some complaint (family drama) about something that I said on FB (it was completely innocent/neutral), and they were very aggressive about it all. And I had just barely started planning the holiday, and I was like "you know what? that's it. DH can plan this holiday.'

And I told him why, where I was coming from, etc, and a lot of people agreed with me that it was the right thing to do (including my aunt, who is a psychologist). DH agreed, then, and said he would take care of it. I told him he needed to take care of it by end of SEpt -- or we wouldn't fidn housing. I made sure we got the bach by then (because he was procrastinating), and finally put my foot down and told him he had to act NOW and get his parents sorted by FRiday. He took care of it today, we had our fuss on Tuesday over it.

There are things that I want to do, so we've been talking about what we want to do so that we can put those into the plans, and then from there he'll fill in the rest. I also organized it so that I could work through a whole week of their stay, which means I"ll see them less and have some peace. And DH's like "I want you to spend time with them!" well, you know what? feeling isn't mutual, and I don't think it needs to be. So, Itold him, he'll have time on his own with his parents without me.

he also asked me to 'entertain" one so that he could spend time with the other, but i told him NO. It is not happening that i'm hanging with his mother and my son by ourselves. It is NOT happening. PERIOD. END OF STORY. So, he has to suck it up.

end of the day, you just gotta make your boundaries.

2 funny. the whole 30 peeps refer to all those paleo pizzas and paleo junk food as sex with your pants on. coconut cream yeah. it has its place but not in my coffee. maybe once a day first thing as the first cup always tastes the best and it can get away almost with being mediocre but then goes down hill very rapidly. school holidays are stressful so this prob isnt the time to give all my habits up. maybe try the wine and mineral water thing? i know lol you could drink coffee and cream instead!

Zoebird - well done you for putting your foot down. If it turns to SH-T, just come down and stay with us, and teach us yoga while you are here
    Facebook worries the shit out of me, as does txting. You don't always get the nuances that one gets when speaking to one-another. I so need to grow a set - cos I am the biggest "lets keep everyone happy" person you could ever imagine. In fact middle daughter has said some nasty things to me over the years, latest yesterday - and I just took it, to keep the peace........ so my point is ....well done for setting those boundaries.
    Seaweed, I have so had my coffee tonight, but no wine, so yay for me !!!!!!

Little lamb continues to get stronger, and Mum is so proud of her wee thing !

...small steps....

good news on the lamb. i have had way too much coconut manna and i feel very &-( i cant even go for a long walk as the kids are here. it's too nasty to sprint around outside as well lol i'd prob throw up anyways. can you just not have wine in the house? i have tried that theory with cream in the coffee but we just end up in a coconut manna abuse sort of situation. and since i defy anyone to be perfect, it is really a matter of pick your poison some days. and i truly do think the stress of being perfect negates the beneficial effects. it is more fun to be bad anyways.

I can safely have wine in the house. I am not quite that far gone - thank goodness !!!!! LOL
    and yes it is so much fun to be BAD - says this old Gwamma
    and no I am not perfect, never will be, and don't want to be.
    oh and I don't actually mind my wrinkles, so long as I continue to enjoy life....I sort of look lived in ? !!!!!

...small steps....

i have no desire to be perfect either but i do struggle to attain a semblance of control some days lol i so am still working on avoiding my wrinkles but that is me. tell me gwamma, with the vibrams, do you wear them all the time around the place, or just when you are out exercising? my poor old pair which i have had for over 3 yrs now are falling to pieces so i need to replace them, i just have to decide which model. which reminds me OMG. i was driving around on the way to town today and i saw this woman i inspired to run who used to go to my gym, still running! way to go.

Way to go alright ! Its great when you can motivate others.
    No I only wear mine running/walking. They cost me $250, so I don't want to wear them out too quickly !
    However I do like the look of some of the vibrams in the MDA pics, so maybe when I can afford some more - I might just get me a pair to wear casually ?
    Thats right its the holidays !!!!!! Kids - best fun, especially when they are asleep !
    keep at it - and stay sane, perfect and wrinkle free....then tell me your secret !

...small steps....