Page 259 of 534 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 259

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ignoring the spambot.....
    i just got one of those spam emails from Elite fitness as i hired a treadmill off them over xmas. they now sell clubbells!!!!

Elite Club Bell - Elite Fitness

i dont know if the franchises can get them in and i havent looked at the shipping to buy them on line. i will go see the one in town if i get time tomorrow as i have to go to the bike shop over the road. They do 2kg and 4kg ones as well as 6kg, 8kg and 10kgs. mine are 6kgs and they were a smidgen heavy for things like arm casts to begin with unless i really really tried. got a tad adventurous there for a while. a 4kg set def would have been better to start with. i could arm cast 8kg dumbbells no probs at all even if the movement was awkward as it wasnt a clubbell so you def need a lighter size than the dumbbells you are used to using.

ETA: they do decent sized cast iron kettlebells as well
    http://www.elitefitness.co.nz/e-prod...ProductId=1712
    and from memory, i am sure their dumbbell prices were way better than rebel sport.
    Last edited by seaweed; 03-12-2013 at 10:17 PM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    thanx for that Seas - I would like to try those club-bells.............
    off to the hair dressers tomorrow - yep its six weeks since I last reported in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so I will be looking all glam again -NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

i have been a bit ripped off on the hair front of recent as we dont have enough water for me to wash it very often so my hair spends a lot of time up in a pony tail. looking about 6 shades darker than it really is which is kinda interesting. i do usually like the fact it can look different colours depending on what i do with it. G there is a single 8kg clubbell on TM in Chch. the auction is closing soon.

okay Seas there are 15000 things in the sports section, (and I am having a wee disagreement with someone else at the moment - yes you know who you are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) so I can't even think which section to go into ???????????????

...small steps....

go to the main trademe page. where it says "search", type in clubbell or alternatively 569950827 which is the listing number. it is only 1 x 8kg clubbell, not a pair, and it will be heavy but you can barbarian squat with just one and do various flag presses. i could barbarian squat an 8kg one so you could. not sure what they want for it either. there are some more that have popped up since i looked last which have reasonable shipping and are smaller sizes. i can almost feel a sandbag coming on here but i prob need to exercise some discipline. i need a new tyre on the car and rego on the bike.

OMG you better get them sorted before you head north on saturday - and I AM serious !!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

thanx Seas - found it and put it on the watchlist !!!!! do you think the 8kg would be the way to go ?????

...small steps....

depends on how cheap it is. 8kgs is quite heavy. and there is only one. not two. so yeah. depends on how much they really want for it vs how much a new one is.

are you winning your disagreement G? i'm still feeling remarkably chilled. i have had a fruitarian day today as i got a whole box of biodynamic apples, pears and grapes. very strange but i feel good.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Yum Seas, sounds like an ideal diet for this weather.

Hiya ladies. Had a busy few days again so haven't had time to get onto MDA, but got my big meeting and BBQ out of the way today so easy riding through to the weekend now.

Did I mention that DH's work are flying him to Nelson this weekend to discuss his options with head office? They are desperate to keep him and since we laughed at their Manila offer they apparently have some new ideas up their sleeves. I'm a bit worried that they'll stroke his ego a bit and he'll go and agree to something, but he won't let me go with him!

Gwamma - that is such upsetting news about your DD. fingers crossed it something easily fixed. How is your grandson today?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Good morning all!

A full night's sleep. OMG, my brain feels like the synapses are firing again. Fell asleep just after 9pm and woke just before 5am. I ate a huge dinner last night which probably helped to knock me out.

I made the most delicious porcupine meatballs with curry sauce. Just in case that's not a universal thing, I didn't use ground porcupine. It's basically your favorite meatball mixture + cooked white rice mixed in - the rice supposedly makes the meatballs look like little porcupines. I also mixed some mustard greens and onions in with the meatballs, so each one was was it's own little self containment of meat, egg, veggies, and spices. Browned them in a pan, then put them in a casserole dish, covered them with the curry sauce, and baked them 'til bubbly hot. Slightly too soft (I'll use more potato starch next time), but the taste was to die for.

Sea, a day of fruit sounds wonderful. Add a hunk of some salty cheese, and I'd be in heaven.

Lizzie, enjoy your downtime - you've earned it!

I think I'll "go shopping" today. IOW sit on my fat ass and shop online. LOL But it's one of my favorite things to do.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.