Page 255 of 532 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 5319

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 255

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Very very best wishes to you, dd and little one. May everything go smoothly. Blessings.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Annie - thank you for that. The op went beautifully. was quite an extensive tie, so not sure how the wee fella has breast fed all this time. Maybe DD flow was actually very fast like she said, and he just didn't need to latch much ??????
    and as he got older he was up 3 - 4 times in the night - so who knows ????
    anyway he is now one wee cut boy, but I am sure after a good night sleep will be bouncing off the walls - as alot of boys do !!!!!!!

so nothing else to report except that my little five hour jaunt to Timaru and back, coupled with the no coffee for three days has left Gwamma a little fragile and tired !!!!!!!
    Policeman cousin is cooking tonight - so yay for the boys in blue !!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh thats right - I did something very naughty. We met the Anesthetist before the surgery in his shirt and tie looking all official - then he popped in after the op, in his scrubbs - just to say how well it all went - and Gwamma - being Gwamma did suggest that she does like to see a boy in uniform.............. which had the effect of embarrassing the DD no end, causing the Anesthetist to blush, and then he winked at Gwamma as he left the room !
    hahahahahaha - best fun !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    oh thats right - I did something very naughty.
    noooooooo... say it isn't so!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i am so pleased it went well G. and way to go with the anesthetist! was he hot? my dd would have died too if i had done something like that LOL yes a hot man would be kinda nice around about now to drool over. i have sprained my ankle so i need distraction. especially since i cant exercise properly or ride the motorcycle. i am stuffed to the gills with homeopathics and vitamins and minerals and i got some anti inflams off a mate so i will be better soon!

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    I'm glad it went well, too. I was thinking about him today.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Good to hear it went well - I had my fingers crossed.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi Gwamma and all,

Very glad all went well with the surgery!

Gwamma, I think I missed why you're quitting coffee. It's tough to do. I tried in college and after being a raving bitch for four days, my friends encouraged me to go back to it - the same group of friends that were undyingly supportive when I quit smoking. LOL. In my early forties I gave it sort of a half-hearted go by mixing caf with decaf and gradually decreasing the caf. All that happened was I drank more coffee. I'm truly an addict. (Hangs head in shame.)

Changing the clocks is going swimmingly. *cough* Stayed awake for 24 hours, fell asleep at 645am, woke almost exactly five hours later and spent most of Monday with a brain full of fog. When the fog lifted, after a second mug of espresso with coconut oil in it, my brain craved sleep. I slept. So, here I sit at 2am on MDA. Oh how I miss the resilience of youth. (Though truth be told, my last two decades have been my favorites.)

My 21 day thing is going well. I'm officially more than a quarter of the way through. I have saved about $27 and not consumed about 5000 calories which is part of the reason I'm doing this. I can't call myself primal or even remotely healthy when alcohol comprised over a third of my calories. On day 22, I will indulge and then do a 21 day thing again. Funny thing is that even in my party youth, I didn't drink much alcohol. Drugs, yes, but not alcohol, and even the drug use was light. I've read that it's easier to become an habitual user as you get older. I forget the physiological reasons why.

Anyway, except for being slightly addled from weird and lack of sleep, things here are pretty much okay. You all are about 20 hours ahead of us, so you've already done your Tuesday, while here sun-up is about four hours away.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    is your 21 day thing no booze for 21 days Joanie? i am a true caffeine addict. i reckon i am old enough to pick my nefarious habits so i will stick with coffee and exercise. i may have to go have a bit of a party before the weekend sometime if my ankle keeps hurting as i will need to distract myself somehow. sun has gone down here and it is dark. tuesday's almost gone!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    No alcohol and as close to 100% primal as possible. So also no non-primal day once a week. I never go overboard on non-primal day, but I might have bread or a small serving of pasta. I tried to do a 70 day no alcohol thing, fell off after about a week, and thought that was too scary to deal with. I don't really think I'm physically an alcoholic because neither my brain nor my body feel bad when I quit. But I am certainly an habitual user, and that's not good. It's a matter of breaking the mindset of "it's 5pm, not much to do, think I'll drink," more than anything else. So I've mostly been keeping myself busy or distracted at that time of day. Once the corner store closes at 7pm, I know I'm good because I never want to drink enough to get in the car to go get it.

I often google "what time is it in new zealand" before I post so I can have a reference point as to what part of the day it is there.

I've grown way too fond of espresso to ever quit. Very low tech - a little stove top espresso pot. Organic beans I order from costco.com, and a little walmart coffee grinder that keeps plugging away after seven years.

I hope your ankle feels better soon. Do self-medicate/party. I'll be with you in spirit.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    noooooooo... say it isn't so!
    Yep Doc I was VERY naughty - but I LOVE being naughty !!!!!!!!!!!

and I so hope you got to be naughty on your birthday !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i am so pleased it went well G. and way to go with the anesthetist! was he hot?

i have sprained my ankle so i need distraction. especially since i cant exercise properly or ride the motorcycle. i am stuffed to the gills with homeopathics and vitamins and minerals and i got some anti inflams off a mate so i will be better soon!
    actually Seas - he looked a weent teeny bit like DOC !!!!!!!! VERY HOT !!!!! I really should have whispered that. Doc might think I am a stalky sort of a Gwamma !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I'm glad it went well, too. I was thinking about him today.
    Thanx Zoes. Its kinda weird when not your own child but your precious wee grandy. You so want to protect them more almost than your own children............. not sure what thats about !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Good to hear it went well - I had my fingers crossed.
    Badger - baby girl - how are you after all your birthday celebrations ????

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hi Gwamma and all,

Very glad all went well with the surgery!

Gwamma, I think I missed why you're quitting coffee.
    I am not sleeping so well Joanie - so am thinking that it might be the coffee. Anyway three days in - terrible headaches, and two amazing nights of shut eye - so ???????

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I often google "what time is it in new zealand"
    thanx Joanie
    I am starting to get a feel for the time differences - but then Doc and Canio work night shifts so they throw me out - bloody MEN !!!!!!

Seaweed - what the hell have you been doing to yourself ?????
    I cannot imagine you NOT doing exersize ????? How is this going to work ??????????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....