Page 253 of 522 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 5218

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 253

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    hahahahahahahaha - my smalls would take up half a suitcase !!!!!!!! and then there is the toilet !!!!!!!!! my hot grill !!!!!!! the washer and dryer.................. I might needs 3 sets !!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I'm always amazed at how much luggage people take with
    Did I ever tell you about the time DH went to India with only one pair of undies? Haha, he soon learnt his lesson once the Deli belly kicked in! Not prepared for that was he?

Hi LL - he could have borrowed my toilet !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    It's a good idea for next time

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I personally would go to india with very little, and just dress there in salwar kameez. likely, anyway. i'd stick out and blond anyway, so, yeah.

I remember that film Darjeeling Limited.

jdnz is offline Junior Member
    Hi there,

Fellow kiwi new to the primal way of life! I can't believe how good I feel in such a short amount of time since I have started!

Jd - welcome. and thanx for stopping by. I agree about how good you feel. Would you like to tell us a little about yourself ????
    We would love you to share, but anyway welcome and we look forward to getting to know you on our little thread

...small steps....

jdnz is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the welcome gwamma!

I had always been on the stocky-side of normal but never really hugely overweight.

Last year I had a freak out-of-the blue allergic reaction to Ibuprofen which lead to acute kidney failure and a month in hospital. Fortunately, my kidney function has improved somewhat - classified as having early stage 4 chronic kidney disease but still not ideal at all! I was put onto a renal specific-diet by my nephrologist and the dietitian. It mainly comprised of very high carb, low fat and low protein, my weight skyrocketed by 24kg in about 4 months - simply horrifying!

I had awful migranes almost on a daily basis and my fasting blood sugar went from 4.6 up to 11.3, very scary for a 22y/o. I went in search of different diets that may help that would fit in with my renal requirements. I went Atkins style low carb and lost weight but still had migranes and felt that all the processed food was not good for me and then I came across the Primal Blueprint.

What a life-changer to say the least; I feel so alert and alive compared to what I did before. I have lost a little bit of weight, still a lot more to lose. However, I have very quickly come to realise this is not just about the weight but the entire lifestyle. I can't wait to continue on this journey, I really feel like I have a new lease on life!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Good morning, everyone.

Woke up around 730am which is still not as early as I'd like, but getting there. And got over six hours sleep - I knew this would right itself and hopefully at the end of the 21 days, I'll be back up to over seven hours.

There was some talk about magnesium the other day in some thread, and how eating primally can often mean not getting enough, so I looked it up, and sure enough, most foods that are good sources of magnesium are foods that I don't eat often. Except one: espresso. Turns out a 2 oz serving of espresso has 12% of the daily requirement and since I drink an 8 oz mug every morning, I'm half way there. So, I'll order a supplement.

Ground beef three ways. First is the easiest: make up two six ounce patties and freeze them for easy burgers in the future. Second: six tiny muffin sized meat loaves each seasoned with egg, onion, black pepper, and garlic powder. Each with a little surprise in the center - a tiny square of each cheddar cheese and spam. Freeze those for late night snacks. Third: a personal sized meat loaf, same seasonings above plus tomato paste and Parmesan cheese. Spread a little more paste and cheese on the top. Eat that. Truth be told, it would probably really feed two women who ate in a normal fashion - iow, there'd be a veggie or something else on the plate.

I was so carnivorous yesterday that in 1351 calories I only ate about 5 grams of carbs. I'll get more today.

It's Sunday, and the only noise is the sound of church bells. Nice. Last night, it was warm enough to have open windows and the club that's two blocks away was in full swing. It's funny how noise like the club doesn't bother me, but the idiot around the corner with his blasting base every time he drives his car makes me want to get a license to carry (a gun).

Off to brew a second cuppa - for the magnesium of course.

Almost forgot - welcome new person!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

PrimalCon New York
    Jd - wow - I was also really unwell for years, and stumbled across - firstly Lustig, then Wolfe then Sisson. Best thing I have ever done. Althou am having a few tweaking issues, but hey thats what life is about !
    Joanie - how are you girl ????
    I have a HUGE headache this morning and I think its because I am trying to cut out coffee. I didn't realise just how much my consumption had crept up - to the point of lack of sleep ( and I only drink coffee in the mornings). So nothing else has changed the last two days - except NO COFFEE........... I slept like a babe last night, but the head is really thumping this morning ! Yay for me

I actually have taken magnesium on and off for years. Mainly for restless legs, but that seemed to stop once I started eating clean. I might have to up my intake if I manage to totally cut out coffee................... we shall see

...small steps....