Page 25 of 532 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125525 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 25

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I didn't punctuate any of my "likes" in those sentences. LOL frustration!

Overall, DH is a great guy, and in particular since his health as improved immensely. But sometimes he's just a bit annoying. Yesterday he got snapped at because he's avoiding work that he doesn't like to do because, in the end, he'll know that I'll do it because I want to avoid a specific catastrophe in terms of our holiday (having my ILs staying in our little house). So he's been waiting and waiting and waiting and procrastinating, and then I said "you need to email them, send them the link to the YHA so that they can make their reservation." And then he's asking the bone-head questions, decisions already made: which YHAs are they staying at? which days?

Usually, this tactic of "learned helplessness" just causes me to step in and take over. But because this is HIS PARENTS' holiday, I told him that I'm not planning any of it. I already did more than I wanted to -- I booked the bach for part of our holiday -- and I had already told him so. I'd also helped him define the dates of travel vs being in wellington -- so when we would be where (which is how I booked the bach).

So, I told him that he had to take care of it himself. He then gets into a defensive position and says that he "wants to do it together." And I tell him, no, because this is about me doing what he doesn't want to do, and I'd already told him that these are HIS parents and so HE has to do the leg work AND that I have already helped him beyond what I'd agreed to do several months ago. (there's a big history here between me and his parents, btw.)

He did agree that I was right -- he was trying to pawn off his work onto me just because it is A. unpleasant for him, and B. he doesn't want to make any errors because errors -- even the smallest, and heck, even when you don't make an error -- come under extreme criticism and shaming. So, I get it. Which is why *I* am not doing any of the planning -- and we'd agreed to that months ago when he's parents attacked me over nothing.

Anyway, yeah. LOL Overall, my husband is great. Good dad, does a lot of great work for our business too, takes good care of me, and is overall a very chipper and happy guy. And, he's primal and IF and lean as and cute and still looks very young, so . . . i'm lucky.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    k 3 tsp of ghee and it would prob be better black. so... gonna meditate on re-including cream in my coffee. my focus had been more to see what having the bulk of my protein coming from seafoods was like. having a decent cup of coffee has never made me fat and also it stops me from eating way more other things with more calories instead.

love sylvia plath but i have never met a man who was into her.

pushme is offline Junior Member
    Lol yes Seaweed - coffee isn't the devil so stick to it! It think you'd be more likely to cake on the lard by adding ghee to ya cuppa! Well the idea of that makes me think that lol And yes coffee is a distraction from eating ! lol
    I know god that wheat this morning was bad - damn me ! Oh well I had a salad, yoghurt and fruit for lunch! I know fruit is hight in sugar - but its natural sugar so I don't think it counts!

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    I don't do whole 30s any more - because of my gut issues I can't do dairy, wine, nuts or more than a tiny bit of fruit . So taking away dark chocolate and caffeine just seems mean!! I'll cheer you on, but I agree with Zoebird that it's probably more useful to choose one thing at a time. Otherwise you'll never know exactly what caused your new boost of energy/weight loss/lack of zits!

I was making kombucha for a while, and loved it. I'm a fizzy-drink addict, constantly working on giving it up, but relapsing periodically *whispers* but yet again my stupid gut issues got in the way - I can't handle any probiotics or fermented foods. As soon as I get to the next stage in my healing, I'll be reintroducing it for sure! I made it with a mixture of black tea and rooibos - yummy!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    OMG you have all been very busy chatting this morning ! I missed most of it - sorry. I have been up to my elbows, lambing this poor little ewe. Managed to find a front leg and head in utero, so was able to get them out, then DH had to try and bring shoulder through the canal. Very hard. Anyway she wouldn't have managed to lamb on her own, so I have at least saved the ewe. The lamb is breathing, but has a huge head, so am hoping that he isn't brain damaged.
    Anyway am now off to mow the lawns. It usually takes about 6 hours on the ride on, but we have sprayed out the clover (ewwwwww), so am doing first mow on really high. Hopefully I will whip round them as quick as !!!!!!!
    Be good
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

one thing that freaked me out with kombucha is it starts growing anywhere where there is water and sugar. you can grow a mushroom from just the drink. you dont need the mother mushroom. i know someone who got it in all her home made pickles. plus, as i said, i am a caffeine addict so fizzy drinks hold zero appeal so i dont really want to drink it anyways. gonna concentrate on my own nefarious habits without adding anymore lol
    i think with the coffee and cream, if you give up something like that, along with everything else. you end up overeating as it is a dont weigh/eat what you want from this list type of food plan. i can have a cup of coffee and cream mid morning and a salad for lunch and be fine till dinner. i dont feel deprived, i dont feel hungry. but if i cant have coffee that i like, i end up snacking on nuts or something else potentially worse caloriewise.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Wow, you guys are busy on here

For anyone who's interested (and assuming that all stores have the same items on sale at the same time) Green & Blacks organic 85% chocolate was on sale in countdown yesterday, $2.99 per bar. Stocked up my treat cupboard, good and propper
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    he doesn't want to make any errors because errors -- even the smallest, and heck, even when you don't make an error -- come under extreme criticism and shaming. So, I get it. Which is why *I* am not doing any of the planning -- and we'd agreed to that months ago when he's parents attacked me over nothing.
    When this happens, it should TOTALLY be the blood relative making the call. Because parents will overlook issues with their kids that they will remember for a long time if it's the 'other' that has annoyed them.

The lamb is breathing, but has a huge head, so am hoping that he isn't brain damaged.
    With sheep, how can you tell?

Just joking, hope the little fella is all right. Or even better, turns out to be a girl.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Magicmerl, Little fella is doing really great. He is on his feet and suckling his Mum, and his head has reduced in size already !!!! So a really fantastic outcome !
    Lawns are done - yay for another week. We are getting ready for a wedding in middle nov, so everything has to be perfect !!!!
    Still an absolute heap to do thou !
    I will certainly be into Countdown tomorrow Misabi. Thank you for that - and not for me....for my DH. At least he is eating quality chocolate !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Green & Blacks organic 85% chocolate was on sale in countdown yesterday, $2.99 per bar. Stocked up my treat cupboard, good and propper
    i have just started to whole 30 and you tell me this!!! i will check it out tomorrow if i am not stalking around the boonies with a large gun. actual countdown is open real late so i can go on the way home lol have just been to get cockles on an incoming tide that was a bit more incomed than i was expecting. i only got small ones and prob about 30. my youngest ate them all so i am not having seafood for breakfast tomorrow unless i defrost some whitebait or some paua.

How's your lamb doing now Gwamma? me and the dog had to assist with herding some sheep yesterday. you do have to wonder about the logic sometimes as i am always trying to make sure he is stock proof then the farmer himself asks us to herd sheep lol thankfully he wasnt interested and just stood by me looking decorative impersonating a furry barricade which was all he needed to do.