Page 246 of 535 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 5349

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 246

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Great newz Zoe - well done
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i think i am accidentally doing the 6000 cals a day thing LOL stuffed after more wild pork ribs for dinner. wild pork ribs and apple sauce and some steamed cabbage. i found some dubious wild pork ribs in the freezer when i went to put the ones i know where they come from in there. i much prefer shotten pig to dogged pig. so i chucked them on the compost pile. i have had a pair of juvenille hawks gliding around and picking at them all day which is way cool to see out the kitchen window.

met service reckons it has rained all of 1.8mm. i was trying to do the maths to work out how much water went into my tank but got depressed and gave up LOL i am sure it rained more as it was very wet out there.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Seas my girl - how are you doing ????? I like the words shotten pig. I haven't ever heard it quite called that before.
    water.................... I cannot understand why we can't just invent something that turns salt water into fresh !!!!!!!
    It would solve alot of world wide problems.
    Yesterday I put a room on Trade me to rent - holy cripes.............. how do you choose someone to go into the outside room ?????? The replys are growing by the hour !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma I think that's how they make water for Dubai, but it's slow and labour intensive.

Zoe - that is good news. Wow you are a planner.....I'm much more spur of the moment, but I can see planning in advance does have its advantages.

I spent the day parked up in my bedroom sorting through my crafting gear. I figured I might as well make myself useful if I was going to take a sicky, and once I'd fetched the boxes out of the spare room closet I barely moved off my bed so I achieved both rest and purpose. Managed to empty almost three boxes, and I'll have more space just as soon as I get myself some needle cases (have ordered two online) and a clear file for my big stack of messy knitting patterns. Another satisfying day, and I'm feeling a little better tonight.

Off to Wanganui first thing in the morning to run an open home at a retirement village, fun times! I've got myself a spa in the motel tomorrow night too so I have big plans for a nice long soak - bliss.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    my middle dd always refers to things as "shotten" LOL and i do prefer something that has been shot from a distance whilst not paying attention to something which has been grabbed by a pack of pig dogs and held till someone can get there to stick it. just from an animal rights pov. still way way better than a factory farmed pig.

i think that is how they make water in dubai and saudi too. a long soak in some hot water right now would be bliss for sure. my only real hope is to put the wetsuit on and go jump in the sea and use my very vivid imagination!

i would get references G! how hard are they to kick out if you dont like them?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    One of the advantages of pre-planning the trip is that I can organize the teaching schedule and balance it against the holiday schedule so that it's not a grind. Likewise, I need to train people to hold the fort here in Wellington while we are away, though I can manage a lot of things online.

In terms of Nelson, a 25 minute flight there and back every-other month is really no big deal. I wouldn't do the ferry if they paid me (I don't do well on boats). Melbourne will be the tougher one -- 5 hrs there and back.

For Nelson, I can teach from 11-2, pick up DS from kindy at 2:30, swing by the air port at 3:30, and fly by 4, arriving in nelson at 4:30, then teach there starting at 6:00 on Friday. Do the weekend, then fly back to Wellington Sunday evening (probably around 8 pm, arriving home around 8:45 getting all the way from the airport to our house. And then teach on Monday no problems. I'd only need a sub for the Saturday morning classes.

For Melbourne, I'd have to fly late Thursday or Friday morning, work the weekend and fly back monday -- getting subs for FRi, Sat, and Mon. It's much more of a slog. Still, it's do-able, and aussie dollars. Melbourne will alternate months with Nelson, and then I'm tapped.

But, hopefully by the time I'm doing both, I'm not working as many classes during the week as I currently do.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Zoe, great to hear everything going so well for you. Exciting plans.
    Lizzie, it sounds like you are making good progress too. How long till you leave?

Seaweed, you must have a real surplus if you are tossing pork to the hawks.

Everyone who was sick, I hope you're feeling a lot better. I certainly am, and I desperately needed to. It was dreadful.

Woah girl and I thought I was busy?! Not much room for error either, like if you get sick or the weather is bad and you get stuck somewhere. Actually the weather thing drives me nuts, guaranteed every time I go to fly somewhere or someone is flying to me we get a thick sea fog, or there was the Christmas party I missed most of due to the tornado in Auckland. That is the kind of stuff that can ruin a full timetable.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Lizzie, it sounds like you are making good progress too. How long till you leave?
    Still waiting to find out and it's like Chinese water torture! We only got the last of the paperwork off at the end of last week so it could be another few weeks before we get a firm date. At this point we are anticipating end of May as the start date but really how long is a piece of string? Ya know?

I'm really trying to organise what I can now, but I'm going it alone at this point (DH is in denial or something) and every time I make a decluttering victory it just feels like a tiny drop in the ocean.

Glad you're feeling better.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks. Yeah, decluttering is hard, especially without an exact deadline. But you'll be glad you did it because suddenly you will know your time frame and it will probably be short. All the best with it.