Page 245 of 532 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 5319

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 245

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Joanie - you darling wee thing - wee LOVE the sharing....... tell me more about the water fast !!!!!!!!!

I sometimes wonder - now is the time to leave cos this is really DEEP.......... any hoo I sometimes wonder if we sunconsciously sabotage our own weightloss thing to stop our men doing the "I'm so bloody jealous of that guy asking you to dance" thing..................
    ,..................... sometimnes its just easier to stay over weight ??????? cos then they won't be jealous ????????? I am also getting very deep tonight !!!!!!!

thoughts please - or does Gwamma need to crawl under her wee stone and go to sleep ???????????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i used to say i put on weight when i was in my 20s to stop men hassling me. what happens in reality is you just get a worse class of man harassing you. and they think you are easy. if they think they cant get you, they will just be extra specially nice without being sleazy. complimentary but not crass. and unless they really have their own issues, even if they are drunk, you can just say no gracefully as they know they cant get you. or that is my experience anyways. i still sabotage my weightloss efforts on the last 3kgs tho.

poor DH - this man flu aint pretty........................... however I have let him sleep in until now, sleep always helps !!!!!!!!!!

well I have just seen and killed my first wasp of the season !!!!!!! I actually hate killing things, but had no qualms about slapping that thing with the rolled up news paper !!!!!! take that you little a-roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    actually LL you and me both !!!!!!!
    we will compare notes on the morrow !
    x
    How are you feeling today?

Had a rubbish night, not only due to the blocked nose and killer sore throat but made worse by both kids getting up during the night. They don't normally do that, so not sure what was going on there. Anyway, having a nice lazy day chilling out in bed which is something that almost never happens so it won't do me any harm.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    no lazying around in bed here! i wish. up at the crack of dawn to do the prebrekkie 1 mile dash. the sky is almost ink black and the wind is starting to howl so i am optimistic we may get some rain. i have taken the neighbour's dog for a run as i am dog sitting. she is a sweet dog but she loves sheep. she just has to see them and she starts doing a very convincing wiley coyote impression and indecently bouncing with her ears quivering. she is a german shepherd so she in all probability is really really wanting to herd them even if she isnt allowed. salt marsh lamb is also apparently rather gourmet overseas LOL my other job today, other than all the usual stuff, is to cut up the rest of the wild pig. precision butchery at its best. meat cleaver the legs in half and maybe cut a bit of meat off for stir fries. only seen one wasp so far this year G. i am not overly enamoured with them either.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Yeah we've not had a big year for wasps either, they were really bad 2011 in the sounds, but this year we were up in the BOI and they were around but not so bad. DS has had a bad run with bee stings though, I think he's up to three in the last month. The last one was on Monday at school so we can't be certain if it was a bee or something else but his foot is really sore still today. I initially tried some homeopathic spray on it but it got quite sore and itchy so we started using antihistamine cream yesturday and even gave him some phenergan last night. I think he might be in for a trip to the Dr if the swelling doesn't improve soon - it's not getting worse just no better.

morning girls
    Ll sit tight, and pump that water. Hopefully you will be able to flush that little sucker out of your system........... I mean the bugs if I wasn't clear on that one LOL
    Seas - well done on your dashing, butchery, dog walking, sheep chasing, hopefully wet day....... didn't Joanie do rain dance for you ??????? the rain should be falling very soon.................

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    actually LL you and me both !!!!!!!
    we will compare notes on the morrow !
    x
    Oh no, did we all catch it off the internet? I've not been so sick for years. Much better today and hope you both are too.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Everything is going *freaking grand* here!

Went to Nelson over the weekend and had a great time. Boys stayed home and even though DS had the little flu (headache, fever, vomiting), they still had a great time.

In Nelson, I got to hang with a dear friend (who now lives in the US and was visiting Nelson), as well as teach a workshop that went *extremely well*.

They asked me to come back and 1. teach general classes; 2. lead a full-on, year-long teacher training (well, it's 10 months); and 3. lead speciality workshops open to the public (ie, pelvic floor, shoulder, etc). I'm really excited that they want me to do this!

So, I'm going back in May to do 1 and 3, and set up for 2.

I'll be running a training for my friend in Melbourne next year (2014), and between that teacher training and the one in Nelson, we'll be able to pay off our debt (small credit card bill due to immigration. . . grrr!), put money into our savings/retirement, and. . . . *go and visit family and friends in the US!*

And that would be subsidized by. . . teaching in the US!

So, we are looking at going to the US for a working holiday for October 2014. We plan on going to San Fran, Truckee/Tahoe, Philadelphia/NYC, Austin TX, San Diego/LA to fly home.

We plan on letting DS have a week at an explorer's school in Truckee/Tahoe (it's based on outward bound; a charter school for kids, and my friend's kids go there, and she said she can make arrangements for DS to visit while I teach!); time with his grandparents/family in Philly, film festival and other fun stuff in/around Austin, and then Disneyland, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo and an American Halloween with friends/family in SD.

*so excited* for us. Good business, etc! Yay!

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Zoe, that's great news. Won't the commute to Nelson be a littl ebit of a grind?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right