Page 244 of 533 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 5326

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 244

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I hate dying my hair. But I hate paying $50-60 to have it done even more. Since it's really only noticeable at my temples, if I don't pull it back, it's not really noticeable. My father's genes fersure, though apparently connected to the hardly any grey hair thing is the nucking futs thing. So, a couple of times a year, I dye it blue-black - this of course, doesn't do a thing for the borderline insanity. Daddy did manage to have a full on nervous breakdown once. I'm kind of proud of him for that since I've never gotten so whacked that I went out with my underwear on the outside or lipstick "outside the lines." LOL

I used to always wear at least eyeliner and mascara when I went out, but now I have these glasses that change color with the light, so they hide my eyes when I'm out anyway. But upon reading these two paragraphs, I seem to have let myself go. What is that poem? Here it is:

Warning

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
    With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
    And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
    And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
    I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
    And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
    And run my stick along the public railings
    And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
    I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
    And pick flowers in other people's gardens
    And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
    And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
    Or only bread and pickle for a week
    And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
    And pay our rent and not swear in the street
    And set a good example for the children.
    We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
    So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
    When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

-Jenny Joseph
    Sea, I've heard of the handling of the man parts after handling chili peppers - it sounds gruesome even if it's what a lot of them deserve. hah. I love the idea of you cross-dressing. Complete of course by a snorkel and a gun out hunting for food.

$6.50 is a little high for us for a dozen eggs. CAFO eggs are really cheap - less than $2/doz. Cage free (which only means that they have access to the outdoors) and organically grain fed are about $3.50/doz. And eggs from chickens that really get to live like chickens are about $5/doz. I did see a new brand at the grocery store for $6.79/doz - apparently these come from chickens whose asses are dusted with organic gold flake. LOL

Just after midnight here and I am determined to get more than five hours at one stretch. Biphasic sleeping is okay, but it's really becoming a habit.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
    With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
    And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
    And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
    I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
    And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
    And run my stick along the public railings
    And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
    I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
    And pick flowers in other people's gardens
    And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
    And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
    Or only bread and pickle for a week
    And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.
    this sounds like me..............................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    sounds like me too out in my fox mtb gloves with my bottle of bourbon and my purple see thru one teaspoon lace top and cut off denim shorts and assault boots LOL you get all kinky dressed up in skin tight rubber for the snorkel J!! it's pretty BDSM too as you weigh youself down so as you cant run away quickly LOL the gun isnt water proof so we do the big huge knife with the snorkel. i carry it around my wrist or tie it to my thigh. the gun goes with my man clothes and under camo armour hunting jackets. altho i have been hunting in my assault boots and a bikini once which was awesome fun.

i have a bottle of hair dye which i just put in the roots of my hair by my temples every couple weeks in between hair dresser visits. i so with it was only $50 or $60 to go get my hair dyed. more like $120 and then some.

Well I pay $135 every 6 weeks to get mine chemically enhanced !!!!!!!
    .......................... but I still look like a dropped pie !!!!!! but thats okay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't do the big knives, but I have started sharpening my own knives becos DH never has the time. Well of course I keep cutting my fingers !!!!!! bloody hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Oh, wow, after hearing those prices I think I've decided to go grey gracefully.

But not too gracefully - love the poem!! Thanks.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i can only afford to go every 10 weeks. i sharpen my own knives. i also get guys i know who used to work at the works to do it for me if i get time. you can shave your arm hairs with a knife they've sharpened. i have a thing about knives. have always loved them. what does a dropped pie look like G? the mind boggles. you always look kinda normal in your pics

yep thats how I test my sharpened knives, is shave my arm hairs - not my armpit hairs LL............. well you wouldn't get to them with the wee cats taking first slot !!!!!!!!!!!!
    okay Seas - take a pie and drop it ........... pick it up..... and thats what a dropped pie looks like LOL

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Bah I'm coming down with something this evening.... I suddenly feel like I've been hit by a bus! I've taken a sudofed, which I normally avoid, but I was getting desperate. I have a temperature, I'm sweaty, my head hurts, post nasal drip, sore throat = sick. Gwamma maybe I've caught the manflu?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Last time I got mine professionally done, it was cut/dye/streak. $150+ I tipped her $50 because she really took a lot of time with me. Apparently if you are light haired and getting streaked, it's called streak. But if you're dark haired and getting streaked, it's a "process" because they have to take the streaks to blonde/white to then dye them the color you want, in my case that was purple.

I think the thing that kinda aggravated me was that the color wasn't any more 'permanent' than it was with the $6 drug store dye. I looked gorgeous (well, my hair did) for about six weeks and then the purple started to fade to a horrible blonde. Covered the whole thing with black because one thing about black dye - it covers everything, hair, towels, floor (if you drip). Really, it's a whole other animal from other colors.

Sea, my second (legal) husband (the only one I consider my real husband) and I got certified in SCUBA, so I get the whole BDSM wetsuit/weights/tanks thing. Turns out though that I get nosebleeds at about 20 feet. I didn't even know until the qualifying exam. Came up all smiles and the instructor calmly said, "You might want to get the blood out of your face mask." Figures. If you SCUBA in cool water, it burns like 700 cal/hour. It would be so cool to do that on a regular basis. The two women SCUBA instructors I knew were both skinny little things. It would be cool to be a skinny little thing, though I have to admit, that now that I'm at the tail end of my fifth decade, as long as I stay below 150 pounds, I'm okay with it.

Of course if tomorrow I met some interesting man, I might water fast to 120 like some psycho. I don't know though - it changes you when you become a tribal elder. It's like all of a sudden all that skinny, gotta be part of a couple thing goes away. Like Gwamma's joke about the woman who said, "No," to "Will you marry me."

Ack - too chatty tonight. Sorry if it's all too much 'sharing.'
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Bah I'm coming down with something this evening.... I suddenly feel like I've been hit by a bus! I've taken a sudofed, which I normally avoid, but I was getting desperate. I have a temperature, I'm sweaty, my head hurts, post nasal drip, sore throat = sick. Gwamma maybe I've caught the manflu?
    actually LL you and me both !!!!!!!
    we will compare notes on the morrow !
    x

...small steps....