Page 243 of 534 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 243

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    $6.50 a dozen? Thats a good price to me, I think number 7's are just under $7 at the supermarket and of course they are of dubious quality/source. Our farmer's market have none at this time of year, its so frustrating, so we have to buy supermerket ones until the locals start laying again. I love duck eggs too but apparently they're not laying either ATM.

Just been off to DS's school for their swimming demonstration and it was so lovely to be outside in the sunshine for an hour. The rain and wind seems to have disappeared today, though it was nice to snuggle down under the covers last night due to it being a little chilly. For once I didn't mind the cat glued to my armpit (thats her happy place where she chooses to sleep).

Counting the minutes until hometime today.....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sleeping lion. I am out on South Eyre rd, and we have a few places that sell eggs out this way.
    I can do some homework for you.

cats and armpits just don't go LL -
    I didn't get much sleep last night as DH has the man flu !!!!! yay.............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

SleepingLion is offline Junior Member
    Hey Lizzielou, yeah supermarket "free range" eggs are ridiculous price-wise and while I'm all for paying the farmer, I go through 2-4doz a week and it kinda mounts up.

Thanks Gwamma, I figure I need to head out of town a bit but wasn't really sure in what direction to start .
    I'll take a drive in that general direction at the weekend and see what I find...

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    cats and armpits just don't go LL -
    I didn't get much sleep last night as DH has the man flu !!!!! yay.............
    It where she has always slept, except when its too hot and then she uses the other half of my pillow. Its something to do with being up close to our heads that she likes for some reason. The other cat is happy enough to take the end of the bed.

Go sleep in the spare room gwamma. I'll bet its lovely a quiet and peaceful in there.......

Sigh... just having a diagreement on another forum. Hate that. The discussion started about women who choose to go grey or who choose to dye their hair and has morphed into a debate about caring for yourself and weather or not you should make the effort to look nice. This is of course a forum consisting of mothers of pre-schoolers so you can imagine the defensive positions they are taking about their right to wear trackies and crocs to the kindy pick up. This is cool with me (if you want to dress like that so be it), but my position is that if you don't take any outward care for yourself then probably you are not caring for yourself in any way and this is an unhealthy behaviour. I always look around at the mums at school/kindy and identify the ones who look good (because they look healthy generally) from the ones who don't - its the healthcare professional in me I can't help it! I seem unable to express to the other mums on the forum that looking good because you are healthy and dressing in cool clothes with funky hair do's are two different things. They are under the impression that I'm judging them all to be sick because they shop at the warehouse and don't dye their hair. Some things are just not worth replying to, so I'm going to back away from that thread now. Might need to lay low for a while now that I've been outed as a 'frumpy mummy' hater. LOL

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    oh LL - is that on MDA ????? or another forum to subscribe to ????
    I am a big believer that when you have to spend time in hospital - even if you are feeling like SH-T, it is good for the body and soul if you have a shower and get dressed in clothes, or put your face on, or wash your hair etc.... I think you can make yourself worse with a negetive attitude etc.... so I am with you on the effort side.
    Anyhow don't even bother. I certainly know how you feel when you try and get your point across but for some reason others just don't understand.
    keep smiling my girl !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Sigh... just having a diagreement on another forum. Hate that. The discussion started about women who choose to go grey or who choose to dye their hair and has morphed into a debate about caring for yourself and weather or not you should make the effort to look nice. This is of course a forum consisting of mothers of pre-schoolers so you can imagine the defensive positions they are taking about their right to wear trackies and crocs to the kindy pick up. This is cool with me (if you want to dress like that so be it), but my position is that if you don't take any outward care for yourself then probably you are not caring for yourself in any way and this is an unhealthy behaviour. I always look around at the mums at school/kindy and identify the ones who look good (because they look healthy generally) from the ones who don't - its the healthcare professional in me I can't help it! I seem unable to express to the other mums on the forum that looking good because you are healthy and dressing in cool clothes with funky hair do's are two different things. They are under the impression that I'm judging them all to be sick because they shop at the warehouse and don't dye their hair. Some things are just not worth replying to, so I'm going to back away from that thread now. Might need to lay low for a while now that I've been outed as a 'frumpy mummy' hater. LOL
    Just letting you know, I wear mens t-shirts and gym pants every day, only because they are comfortable. I do shower and brush my hair daily, but probably dont look that well looked after. But I truly am looking after myself. So other mums probably look at me how you look at those mums. I don't wear makeup either. I tie my hair up in a pony tail as its quick and easy. So yeah. Just saying

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LOL i always wear my eyeliner, even if my hair is up, i am wearing sunglasses in the dark and i have a pair of dirty jeans on. always dye my grey out. dont judge anyone else in a "iam better than you" way but i will say that when life is running me over, i struggle to make the effort when i go out. when i am really feeling crazy tho i do tend to do stuff like go out properly dressed up so that is also an indicator all is not well. i cross dress alot A. except it usually isnt obvious. work boots, assault boots and all my hunting gear is mens. just small or extra small sizes.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I well remember those trackpants and tshirt days and hair in a pony tail. All I can say is I wish I looked that tidy this morning when the carpet cleaning man knocked on my door.

Oh dear. I'm still in my nightie, hair everywhere, glassy eyed cos I'm sick and he's convinced he's at the right address.

I'm sure it will be funny with a little more hindsight.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    So my usual look now is knee length denim shorts (50c from the op shop), tidy tshirt (as opposed to baggy), and hair still in a pony tail. No makeup. I should probably grow up.

I haven't decided yet about what I'll do when grey comes through, lucky to have only a few strands so far.