Page 238 of 532 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 5319

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 238

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    G my fave cookery book which i have misplaced called kitchen of light has a recipe for devil's rhubarb which is raw rhubarb dipped in sugar chased down with neat vodka shots LOL prob not the best plan! dd did good in the tri. it wasnt exactly timed and everyone got a medal for finishing. kinda sad state of the nation really as i would expect any child to be able to do a 200m swim, 8k bike on the flat and a 1.5k run on the flat at her age which is 12. cold as here and still NO rain!!!

purple potatoes, if they are purple all the way thru will be a variety of maori potatoes. they are called urenika which i wont translate due to it being a very non family orientated non pc name. the last half of the name i wouldnt even say in english it is that non pc. they are IMO not the best maori potato but still way better than the modern varieties. they are quite floury, a good masher with 50/50 butter. i have some on roasting right now with the pork ribs off my wild pig.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Annie I am so sorry. I am not sure why I thought you were in Auckland. Of course you are in the naki.
    I will try the rhubarb with a little apple and see if that makes it more palatable - great suggestion. Thanx Annie
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

thanx Seas. Thrilled that DD did well. Its a great boost achieving something like that.
    I will do some of the potatoes for dinner tonight, and see what colour they are inside. If they have white flesh I suppose they will be plain old red rascals or some such

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    It's going down to 34degress F tonight, which is 1 deg C tonight. Brrr. Will turn on the heat tonight before I go to sleep so I don't wake up searching for blankets at 3am.

Very simple supper tonight. Can of sardines over some white rice. Brussel sprouts fried in bacon grease on the side.

Don't tell anyone, but I'm totally hammered. It's Saturday - I'm allowed.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

hammered is always a fun way to be Joanie...... however my problem the next morning is working out what posts I have made on MDA - in my drunken state !!!!!!

good idea turning the heat up. Remember to take your smalls off the line. Frozen smalls don't go on so well !!!!!!

...small steps....

hammered is always a fun way to be Joanie
    always good to have fun and enjoy your life LOL however sardines and white rice when i am hammered euww! i would be throwing up and blaming the bourbon. give me crayfish anyday. or wild pork.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Hey gwamma, I have a great recipe for rhubarb sorbet sweetened with honey. I have the same problem this year, love rhubarb but its just awful without sugar. Wonder what it's like stewed with stevia? Will go try that. I'll post the sorbet recipe if I find it, think it was a NZ Gardener recipe.

thanx LL. How is it all with you ????
    Packing going okay ?

...small steps....

i do rhubarb for the kids with honey and orange juice and orange zest btw. you can then make a crumble with coconut flour and butter. or coconut flour, tapioca flour and butter. or have it with a baked custard of some kind. you should be able to do some kind of rhubarb and apples stewed as well. i do my stewed apples with butter, honey, lemon zest and cinnamon. sometimes i put lemon juice in too if they are not proper cooking apples. i would imagine bunging the rhubarb in would work too. it would be tart but you could have it with meat then as a savoury thing.

that also sound delish seas. I will have to do some experimenting me thinks !!!!!

...small steps....