Page 237 of 532 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 5319

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 237

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    OMG good luck Seas. She will love it !!!!!!
    I remember when my kids did the tri s way back in the inception. Such an amazing feat !!!!!!
    Have the best day tomorrow and report back !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    other than the 200m swim as she is not the best swimmer, she should stomp the rest. she can cycle up the hill over to what i call town LOL which is nasty so a 8k bike on the flat will be no sweat. and a 1.5 k run will be no drama when you are warmed up from everything else. she will have fun anyways and those distances arent chronic cardio territory i dont think. more fun run.

Morning all.
    I have just started to get the vege garden prepared for some winter veges. I have found a heap of volunteer purple potatos - not sure if they are edible at this late stage in the season ???????
    Anyhoo I will boil some up and feed them to Hubby !! LOL what a nasty thing to say !!!!!!!

Seas how did the wee chick get on with her tri this morning ?????

and any ideas what I should plant for the winter ???? I have also found 20 or so volunteer rhubarb plants, so I might need to give some those away. We can only eat so much rhubarb !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

actually seas looking in my vege book - these volunteer spuds might be maori potatoes ???? how can you tell ?????
    didn't you tell me that they were the best potato ever ?????

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Is fall coming on in NZ? How about garlic? Yum. Will it grow well by you?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Hiya Joanie - I am thinking that Gorbag might throw us out of that other thread !!!!!!!!!!!!

anyhoo we are totally opposite to you in America. Autumn is definately coming. The trees are beginning to turn around here, althou that could also be this lack of rain, but it is getting cooler at night etc....

Garlick could be an option. I am also looking at recipes for all this rhubarb. I like sugar with mine, but I am so not going down that road........

spinach and silverbeet will be worthwhile........... I can then look like popeye..........

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I love spinach. And since moving to the south, I've grown fond of mustard greens, collard greens, and even turnip greens. I buy frozen since I'm single and fresh goes bad before I can eat it or I have to shop almost daily, but I put some kind of greens in almost everything I make (the tomato sauce almost makes it disappear). I would love to have a place to grow things.

Someone from my old address just emailed me that Eugene, OR has just approved urban farming. IOW, you can now have things like goats, chickens, pigs, and even cows in your backyard. I love that. Almost makes me want to go back. Almost. Too many exes in that town. I love all my exes. I just don't want to see them. heh.

I'm laughing at how all the condo associations in OR must be scrambling to change the bylaws so the complexes in Eugene don't end up with a lot of livestock.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Oh Gwamma, please don't say autumn. It's still high summer up here, though we finally had rain overnight. I wanted to jump right out of bed and run around in it. Restrained myself till morning, by which time the rain was no longer actually falling.

Ooh, I love rhubarb too. I have just the one plant and it has been struggling in the heat, but I still have hopes for it.

we have possibly all got exes in our closets Joanie - but my exes are so old now, I wouldn't recognise them !!!!!!!!
    DH was nearly my first love ---oooooooohhhhhhh

cows in the back yard ?????? the poor wee things !!!!!!! they need feilds to frolick in and mates to play with and daisys to sniff.....
    Hi Annie, does Auckland even get an autumn and winter ??????

I can't believe how dry things are down this way. We are lucky that we have an extensive irrigation system for our 12 acres. we move them by hand of course, but we can give everything a good soaking every few days.
    I have just picked heaps of the rhubarb and cooked it up. Very bitter withour sugar. Not sure what to try ? any suggestions gratefully received !

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I'm in Taranaki, yes we do get winter and it is generally WET so I am enjoying this year's exceptionally long dry summer.

Honey with your rhubarb? Serve with cream may reduce the bitterness. Or stew apple and rhubarb together.