Page 234 of 535 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 5342

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 234

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    dying doing something you love. How about under a man so young for me that the neighbors talk about it for years?
    ................. or on top ?????? .........................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Sea, it all came as steaks. I've been grinding it because I am the queen of ground beef; burgers, chili, with eggs, etc. But I have been looking at pressure cooker recipes for the flank steaks. I could even roll one up and tie it to get more of a roast feel.

Gwamma, my knees have been so crappy since even young - but side by side is doable. Or 68 (that's where he does me and I owe him one.)

Really on the knees - I had to buy a heavy duty double thick mat for even girly pushups because my knee caps are so sensitive. I'm the group wimp I guess.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Good morning ladies. Looks like we need to lift this conversation right up out of the gutter! LOL

Still hot and dry here, lots more dead plants around the place today.

Annoyed with work today too, had a disagreement at last night's BBQ with one of my residents who thinks that its taking too long to have his villa repainted after recent damage - the builders havn't even finished the outside yet - and he wants to know where our painter is now that she's finished redecorating our empty villa (like she has to answer to me 24/7!). Then today I'm trying to get answers out of my property manager and he's avoiding me, I can tell that he's forgotten to order my wardrobe system so thats why, but I need answers from him by this afternoon. And some feedback I made about our recent conference didn't make it onto the final feedback documents we all recieved today. Does my comment make them feel uncomfortable? (probably but thats no excuse).

To make it even worse I had an argument with DH this morning so we've both got our sulk on about that. He's still having problems with his medical forms for our visa applications. Our GP just refused to fill out the forms properly (cause she's done them before so she knows apparently) and they keep bouncing back to us to get done properly. In spite of the fact that we do not live in a malarial zone and havn't visited one for many years they insist that he gets tested, so that was this mornings rant. He tried to escape the house at 8am and I got pissed with him avoiding the kids drop off (school and kindy) for yet another day which means I end up dealing with stressed kids by my self yet again and arriving at work early. So I got a big lecture about how I'm not supporting him through this process..........

Going out for a 50th birthday celebration tonight, so hopefully that will improve all of our moods somewhat.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LOL i have been studiously avoiding the gutter. it still does squick me out a bit the whole cougar thing. they just look like little boys and i so dont have those feelings about them, however pretty or keen they may be. i have a rat's ass on my floor right now too LOL the cat was tossing a whole rat about the living room last night and now the ass is left. i have left it there as she needs to eat but it is going out shortly if she doesnt got into the rest of it soon. i am going to shoot something tomorrow LL so i am hoping that will improve my mood. relationships are never easy and things like moving countries is always super stressful. work politics are just work politics however you look at them.
    still no rain here and the metservice has now even decided it isnt going to drizzle at the weekend.

Just when I didn't think my day could get any worse I have recieved an email containing several complaints from one of my residents. All stupid stuff like 'what if we had more people turn up to our BBQ, it would've been embarassing if we ran out of food' - we had leftovers I had to bin anyway, and 'what is the team meeting about' - I explained this in our newsletter this month, and my all time favourite complaint (this one crops up on a monthly basis) 'how often are we supposed to have our windows cleaned, can I see some evidence that this is being done?'. My DH tells me it would be wrong to smack the complainer and I'm not allowed to resign today! I've been wavering between wanting to smash something or disolving into tears, neither of which will help my situation. So I cleaned the BBQ instead.

I've been wavering between wanting to smash something or disolving into tears, neither of which will help my situation. So I cleaned the BBQ instead.
    i hate cleaning other than washing clothes or dishes. neither of which i can do right now due to the water situation at home. i actually feel naughty washing my dishes once a day LOL the back up plans are a) go to the pub and get wasted or b) go for a long walk. plan c) is go hoon on the motorcycle but my rego is out by more than 2 weeks so it could really make me dissolve into tears. plan B almost always wins without fail! i so do not envy you your job LL. dealing with a bunch of people like my mother out law who think they have power over your life would be my living nightmare.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hi all.
    It is pissing down in Sydney right now, absolutely bucketing down.

When I left my son at school this morning, the neighbouring class was watching TV???? Teenage mutant ninja turtles. Is this not messed up? I don't care if its raining, I don't send my child to school to watch tv.
    I will ask my sons teacher about it after school, but that is weird right? Surely its not just me who thinks so?

Nothing else to report from here, except I feel like I am getting smaller everyday, so yay!
    Hope everyone else is doing great

When I left my son at school this morning, the neighbouring class was watching TV????
    i think that is normal for schools. it is quite socially acceptable to use the TV as a babysitter at home so you will be pushing it uphill complaining unless they were at a steiner school LOL you wont win alot of those school battles so it is better to let it go. you are still your child's mother and you will have far more influence over their life and a little bit of TV is poss the lesser of many evils. this is coming from someone who doesnt have a TV btw.

Hey Ayla, we're all suitably envious of your rain! I'd be appalled if my kids watched TV at school. Maybe it was a reward for something?

Glad to hear you are ditching those pounds, how has your diabetes been? Are you seeing any improvement in your blood sugars?

Seas - a nice long walk sounds like a good idea. I had to make do with a stroll to the resthome and back, but some fresh air always does wonders.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I will ask anyway, but yeah I know I have to let some things go, but tv at schools seems to wrong. I used to use it as a baby sitter a lot, and have a lot of guilt about that.
    But we now don't watch TV during the week (well I do watch some things once they have gone to bed), and everyone is much happier, and less silly kind of thing.

Well only checking blood sugars occasionally, and they are fine. I am still thinking its physiological IR, and nothing I need to worry about at this stage. But will keep going as I am for now, and re-check things later.