Page 233 of 525 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 5244

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 233

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    & Swimmer dies after shark attack looks like he got eaten which is what the rest of us reckoned as well.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    very very sad
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Eeep that shark thing is just awful, howz that for your worst nightmare?!

Another stunning day here. I'm going to be super lazy today and avoid work if I can, I am half way through a good book so I might need to shut my office door and spend some time bonding with it! I have to stay late tonight to cook them a BBQ so its only fair really.

Any sign of rain in your part of the world today Seas?

no rain at all. scorching hot and dry right now. they have downgraded the rainy weekend to drizzle on sat and cloud on sunday. i am trying to rationalise the shark thing. apparently, on average, every 20 yrs someone gets eaten by a shark. there was someone munched out spear fishing off the mole down here about 20 yrs ago. this means i am safe for the next 20 yrs and by that time, it may be a plan to start thinking about dying with my boots on. altho truly i need the one after that for that.

beautifully hot and i have to work as i went to the gym this morning. i so want to go for a long walk. my middle one is doing the weetbix kids tryathlon on sunday LOL no gluten for us but shhhhhh!!!! just wear the race number and smile decoratively. so i may be able to get them to go for a walk after school for training. she rides her bike and we walk. did lots of legs today at the gym so i am not wanting to run. i cant get beaten or give up so it will hurt way too much.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    no rain at all. scorching hot and dry right now. they have downgraded the rainy weekend to drizzle on sat and cloud on sunday. i am trying to rationalise the shark thing. apparently, on average, every 20 yrs someone gets eaten by a shark. there was someone munched out spear fishing off the mole down here about 20 yrs ago. this means i am safe for the next 20 yrs and by that time, it may be a plan to start thinking about dying with my boots on. altho truly i need the one after that for that.
    Well they do say you ought to die doing something you love, I truly hope I'm shopping! Lol

Well I decided to come home for the remainder and go back after the kids swimming lessons this afternoon. I should go do some gardening, but can't quite summon the energy.

LOL i need to be shopping before i have to pay at the check out! i'm still thinking heart failure at the total cost of all my shopping may be more painless than being eaten by a hungry shark. i dont think they eat you anyways. they just bite a bit and you accidentally die within the next hour or so as they have sharp teeth.

we need to talk about something to do with exercise or food. as i need not to be thinking about SHARKS. i noticed the first maori potatoes in the shops when i went shopping today. and spaghetti squash. gymed it today as well. my plyo pull ups are getting easier. i just do a little hop but then pull myself up thru the last bit. makes your lats hurt real bad the next few days. so looking forward to being able to do a proper pull up one day LOL

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    hello girls - nothing much happening down here today - apart from my wee boys visiting. Mr 3 year old vomitted all through the car on the way to Gwammas, so not looking too great. The nearly two year old is so full of energy, and fiddling with everything and anything !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Just having another great day at the office. Paid the taxes (bi-monthly) today, and we paid more than I'd expected we would, so we are doing better than I thought! yay. that's the benefit of doing taxes every 2 months.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Not much here either. I took a sloth day. The only people who spent more time in bed than I today are people in hospitals!

Last night I made a yummy meatloaf with some ground NZ beef, eggs, diced tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, and cheddar cheese. Damn that was tasty. I've been eating so much of the beef since I got it that today all I ate was scrambled eggs, veggies, and cheese. I think I hit a beef wall.

Gwamma, my first husband had a little brother who was 20 years younger and that poor little boy threw up every time he got in a car. My mother in law always carried plastic baggies with her. Poor little guys.

Let's see - dying doing something you love. How about under a man so young for me that the neighbors talk about it for years?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

PrimalCon New York
    have you got any large lumps of beef J? Roast beef is the best with gravy. if you get it right and it has fat on, you can get crackling and medium rare in the middle.

How about under a man so young for me that the neighbors talk about it for years?
    i could prob manage that but i am not so sure i would want to LOL