Page 231 of 524 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 5231

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 231

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm not really a pink sort of a Gwamma, black is my colour
    you dont really come from the shore do you? i love black. black cars, black motorcycles, black eyeliner LOL my 12 yr olds fave colour is black too.
    how hard wearing are the frees A? said 12 yr old wanted a black pair. i can kill a pair of barefoot trail shoes in under a month so the nikes look way too decorative for me. i could get into a funky coloured pair tho provided they have black in there too.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I normally hide behind black these days, but I just badly wanted pink shoes, no idea why really.
    My youngest son got new nike frees last week, and he chose pink

Its so humid here right now, its disgusting!

Jac that is really crappy
    did you try to increase the carbs gradually to try to work out the best level for you?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    this carb thing i find interesting. Alot of people find low carb easy and good - and I have to say that I was great for about 2 weeks. Then I noticed some tingling in my feet - no idea why, then some horrid sores on my face, then DH said you are SOOOOO GWUMPY - ALL THE TIME
    ................. so I really had to rethink the whole thing. I tried the oil shots too which really suppressed my appetite, but then read somewhere that this new lifestyle has got to be sustainable. Why do all this shit if I can't do it for the rest of my life ??????
    .......... so thinking turned into major experiemntation.......... and on............... and so forth
    I upped the carbs a weeny bit, as in I added a carrot to my salads, and noticably felt better each day that I did this
    then I added an apple - felt even better and finally a potato with the evening meal. In the past adding carbs has caused binges, but this time I increased very slowly.
    The other problem I am having is the milk/cream/cheese. After consuming any of these products my gut starts clenching and I get heaps of a-hem typw mucous in my throat.
    I might have to investigate this once I get the carb balance right.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I love the frees. I used to wear vibrams all the time, for running too, I did my half marathon in them. They took a bit of getting used to at first though. Both my boys have them, but for school I got vivo barefoot school shoes for my oldest. He gets to wear his nikes on sports day which is Wed though.
    I went to nike frees after I gained weight, as I just wanted something little under my feet, more so for if I land on a rock or something being so heavy, I am sure it will be way more painful than if I was lighter. I will go back to the vibrams eventually.

Thats it G, you upped it slowly to work out your right level, that is the best way I think, rather than jumping into more.
    Its funny how VLC works for some and not for others, but its just like everything right?

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Jac that is really crappy
    did you try to increase the carbs gradually to try to work out the best level for you?
    Nah, I kept trying til I exploded . It took a night of very little sleep, followed by a fairly stressful day and staying in a hotel. I started with the biscuits at morning tea, progressed to coke at lunchtime, then finished the day with 1/2 bottle of pinot noir. Since then I've downed iced tea, packets of lollies, and a V. The V was the worst idea ever - I shook for about 24 hours. Mind you, that was the catalyst for getting a grip!

NOW I'm trying to be gentle with myself and ease into moderate carbs.

Edited to add that I'm planning to try on some of the barefoot shoes when I'm in the US in May. I have them saved to my Amazon watchlist, and will look up where to find them when D day gets a bit closer. Some of them look really cool!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Oh dear
    Maybe try again but gradual this time. I hope you can deal with the bingeing soon, I feel so free now I don't anymore, but it took a long time.
    good luck x

seaweed is offline Senior Member

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    bloody hell Seas - just do Gwamma a favour and stay out of the water for now

I so hope that poor man was dead before being mauled. I honestly couldn't think of anything worse..............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Ooh, black is my favorite color also. And pink is one of my favorite accessory colors. Black boots, jeans, black sweater or coat, black sunglasses, pink gloves - love the look in winter. I always have to have a light in my closets because 90% of what I own is black. It also makes it easy to match things. When I worked in Manhattan, from the top of my head (french twist) to the bottom of the black suit skirt, I looked like a banker. Then add red tights and cowgirl boots.

Mauled by a shark. Ouch. Sea, baby, none of us wants to see you as shark food. Have a burger. Go to Gwamma's and eat a dog. LOL. Just don't get sharked!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite