Page 230 of 534 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 230

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i'm meant to be out on my 2nd trip around the block!!! but a good party and a bit of a mud wrestle would be so much more fun. i have been out and topless sunbathed for lunch so i can kinda count that as healthy. getting my vit D in. even if i did have a cigarette LOL

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Oh yes sunbathing is always a healthy sport!

Pity, my DH has had two malanoma's removed recently (thankfully nice and early), so that puts my kids in the 'high skin cancer' risk category. So now I have to act responsible and keep all of our butts well out of the direct sunshine. I know there is lots of controversy about sunblock/vit d/what actually causes malanoma, but what can you do when presented with such a high risk? I love a good sunbake just as much as the next person too.

One more job I've been putting off, then heading out to pick up the kids for our airport reunion. yay!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    woohoo - go Seas.
    LL if you have any boooooze left over - pop it on a wee plane and us southern belles will consume it all up. However the ultimate would be yourself included of course.
    AND LL are you gonna keep in touch when you relocate ????? ......... cos if not Gwamma can feel a twitchy palm coming on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

actually LL what concerns me about sunblock is the baking of it on our skin. What are those chemicals doing to our biggest organ ????
    I do understand about the wee kids, but I much prefer a large sunhat, long sleeved cotton shirt/or the shade of the old oak tree !!!!!! I can feel a song coming on ...................

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Hehe totally agree Gwamma, if only i could convince the kids to sit with me in the shade! Nope, they love nothing better than running around at break neck speeds in full sunlight for hours on end. Which is to be encouraged I suppose. Last night after tea DS rode his bike down to feed the ducks in the lake behind our house, and I was watching him from the garden thinking about how lovely it was for him to be able to have that little piece of independence in the great outdoors all to himself.

I will def keep a trip down south in mind before I leave. Might be a nice way to spend some of that bonus money I made on my latest sale.

ITA with G about sunblock. changing the subject slightly. i found a recipe for salmon scotch eggs. cuisine mag and it used smoked and fresh salmon. i dont really like fresh salmon very much there is flour and breadcrumbs in the mix too so it would need a tweak or few.
    Salmon scotch eggs with cured salmon recipe from Cuisine Magazine not to mention inventive cooking to then keep it altogether. i have wrapped venison mince scotch eggs in bacon to hold them together. it occured to me on my walk that you can scotch egg anything really. so maybe, just maybe, i should try some paua!!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hope everyone is doing well.
    I am around, just not spending as much time online. Scales are moving down for me again, so I am happy.
    Ive worked out the right amount of food that my body needs, so am feeling good.

I bought myself some nice pretty pink nike frees today, my old ones were prob 2 years old and so worn out, and finally managed to get pink ones, which I have been wanting for ages. They keep putting out new colours all the time.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    I'm lurking more than posting these days, too. HFLC didn't work for me - again. I lose weight, lose bloating, and lose the will to live. The rebound when I start carbs again is bloody awful - my mood goes up, I feel fantastic, and then the bingeing starts. I'm coming right again now. When will I ever find a balance????????

Apart from that, things are good! I feel guilty for this, but am loving the long dry. It's usually humid here, so this heat has been wonderful.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

eeewww on the paua Seas
    Ayla - well done on the pink frees. I'm not really a pink sort of a Gwamma, black is my colour - but good for you. Always a boost to get out there in new racy stuff
    Hiya Jac - long time no see. I hope you are up for all these partys that are being organised. Remember you and I are the wingmen !!!!!!!

...small steps....

The rebound when I start carbs again is bloody awful - my mood goes up, I feel fantastic, and then the bingeing starts. I'm coming right again now. When will I ever find a balance????????
    i totally hear you here. what i need to do is get some self discipline and carb cycle. my problem too is i exercise too much so if that gets hard, it is no fun. and since the brain is the weakest muscle, unless i am about to pass out, which has happened, i keep going. and then the whanau wear it. my life wears it. one would think if i have enuf self discipline to exercise, i would have the food bit nailed. and regardless of whatever else goes on, the will to live is really very important.

i am loving the heat too but the hills look like a biscuit. there is no grass left for all the sheep. i can wash my dishes and flush my toilet once a day. i cant wash clothes or shower at home. and the hotter it gets, the more the horse drinks too. so yeah. a very very hard one. i think i love the land more than me getting this much sun. but OMG i can even swim in the sea in my bikini. just being able to go for a snorkel in the sun without a wet suit is quite revolutionary down here.