Page 23 of 535 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123523 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 23

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    You will so not have a cigeratte. I will so come on down to southland and kick some serious BUTT !!!!!!!
    lmao i would magically be able to run faster than you if that happened! 2 funny tho. i still maintain tobacco in moderation is prob better for you than the amount of sugar most people eat. thankfully i am way too vain to smoke as it would give me wrinkles and make me smell like an ashtray

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    and little miss muffit - who said you would magically run faster than this old Gwamma - eh ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????

I do agree with the wrinkles !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

i will race ya! i so hate wrinkles. i dont feel old and i have stuff all but i dread them appearing. i have quite a few strategies which have so far worked to keep them at bay so i prob just need to keep on keeping on. and not smoking any cigarettes lol

training tomorrow yay! i so love the personal trainer at my gym. he lets me bring the kids in the holidays. i have been clubbelling away and it is so hard and so much fun. it's much more fluid than using dumbells so it flows easier. altho i do do some compounds with dumbbells which are pretty cool. i find if i am to exercise at home, it has to keep my attention. about the only boring exercise thing i could consistently do at home would be if i could put a proper flash programmable treadmill somewhere away from everywhere with music tv and then i could run.

OMG i found the fridge quote!

"The only person that can change your life is you"

back to work now lol

NZBee is offline Junior Member
    oops I momentarily forgot about this thread! Yesterday marked the end of 1 month primal and I am beginning to get incredibly frustrated! In the last month I have lost about 500g, I'm 20-30 kgs overweight so its not like I'm down to the last couple of vanity kgs or anything. Any ideas? I have not eaten grains, not even potatoes for the last couple of weeks, drastically reduced alcohol (even went completely alcohol free last week OMG!), and very very little sugar (still having a scant 1tsp sugar in coffee maybe 2-3 times a day). I have pretty much given up snacking as I just don't need to anymore, and when I occasionally track what I've eaten I'm coming up with the recommended calories for weight loss, good ratios of fat, protein and around 50-100g carbs some days less. I walk heaps, and have started doing things like push ups but possibly could do that more regularly. What the hell am I doing wrong??? I feel great, much healthier etc but I really need to lose some of this weight.

Kiwichick is offline Junior Member
    Hi All

Great to find a NZ thread! im 40, live in the beautiful Naki, with my 2 kids and husband, lost 53 kgs to date, love Primal!
    Question - can kids do Primal? mine still eat grains etc...

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My kid is primal, but he does have grains at kindy (tamari rice balls and gluten-free buns). I'll also let him have them if he's out and about and with other people, because he'll eat anything. But he's basically 95% primal. He's 4.

In terms of weightloss, there are a lot more factors that diet. sleep, stress levels, and your overall hormonal situation. Also, calculating daily might actually help to make sure you are in the right place every day. It's sort of an accountability thing.

Also, it can go in waves.

siouxelephant is offline Junior Member
    Hi all. Another Kiwi here. I have been basically following the primal way of eating for about 6 months now.
    To my delight I have dropped 25kgs. Amazing way of eating. In 6 mths I have only had 2 slices of raisin bread & 1 wrap.
    Can't believe I don't miss grains like I thought I would. Still have 30 odd kgs to lose, but it is not diffucult with this awesome food I eat.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwichick View Post
    Hi All

Great to find a NZ thread! im 40, live in the beautiful Naki, with my 2 kids and husband, lost 53 kgs to date, love Primal!
    Question - can kids do Primal? mine still eat grains etc...
    Hi - I'm in the Naki too! Yay, 53kgs is amazing. Kids can do primal but I think most of us agree that we want them to make the move themselves rather than forcing it on them. My husband refuses to do primal, he thinks I'm a freak and following some fad, and there is no way that a 37 year old, 6ft2in 85kg male could possibly survive on anything other than pasta, potatoes, rice and bread. I do eat the same meals as they do though, just with a few adaptions for my plate, like extra vege instead of pasta, or kumara instead of potato, and sometimes they end up eating primal meals without even noticing.

NZBee- You need to stop that sugar in your coffee (and you know it), you could try a few drops of stevia instead? Perhaps try a pedometer to see those walking distances and then work on increasing your weekly amounts. I wear one all the time and its just habbit to put it on in the morning, I aim for around 10000 steps each day or 70000 per week. Be really careful about high calorie foods even if they are primal - some of that primal baking is still very calorific, dark choc still has some carb content, nuts are very easy to overdo also.

pushme is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My husband refuses to do primal, he thinks I'm a freak and following some fad,

Hey there, gosh I giggled when I saw you had typed this - its the same as my mother! She thinks I'm weird doing this!

Seaweed - sorry I haven't been in contact for a while busy with work and an assignment! Heard your comment about Whole 30 - is it basically what we are doing now but we have to channel our lifestyle?
    What is the website that gives you the basic layout?

Well I've been good the past few days, well until this morning work up starving and so I had a bowl of cereal and some vogel, sitting here I'm feeling intergestion and yucky tummy - taught me lol
    So will jump back on track! Got to - booked flights for holiday in late jan yesterday so now I'm determand to loose more! I've lost 3kg - but I want more! Also its funny I hate green tea as well, but hearing that have the same view but have become to like it, I have decided to give that a go again - espcially since I'm drinking non-caffine coffee like water at the mo lol