Page 222 of 534 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 222

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    years ago i cut all sugar, grains and dairy for a week and i felt and looked amazing. i can live without sugar and i can live without grains but dairy. and i only have a small bit. butter, cream, brie. stuff all LOL i feel like those people who tell me they have hardly any gluten. just toast for breakfast. but yeah, still swimming down that river in manhatten on the dairy issue. now if i could find something that adequately replaces milk in my coffee and if i could keep up with making ghee, and get used to cooking more with tallow. i could make progress. this week, from today, OMG, i am only going to have a cup of coffee with breakfast. no more after that till the next day. dont know if cream on the wrist will work G? i thought alot of food we react to is coz the proteins cross thru the gut into the blood and our immune system attacks them or something like that? so unless it absorbs thru the skin into the blood, you wont be able to tell.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Cheeeeeeeeeeeese glorious cheese..... I can pig out on almost anything (even alcohol) and pretty much be not interested in it for awhile after the pig-out, but not cheese. And of course, there are as many varieties of the danged stuff as there are cheese makers.

Gwamma, I will send up a wish to the cheese goddess that you aren't sensitive to dairy! (Maybe I should burn a cheddar candle?)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

yeah nuts are nowhere near as appealing even if they do taste a bit too good sometimes. i guess i could console myself with liver pate but even that has butter and cream in *sob* LOL here's hoping G

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    aaawwwww thanx guys - actually when DD3 was a wee thing she went through a stage of eating mainly yoghurt. Of course most of it ended up on her face, and often a rash would develop where it was on her face - even if only for a few minutes.
    Dr always said - no biggy - so I didn't do nuffink about it................
    ....................... anyhooooooooo I have taken a picky of my inside wrist pre creaming !!!!!!, then about 15 minutes ago I applied cream, and who would have guessed ???? I am getting quite a sore wrist - conincidence - lets wait and see..............

I love self experiments !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I have also used chopsticks and pencils, but having a hair stick is extra nice. And yes, you can get them on etsy and ebay as well -- lots of different designs and ways of using them.

At the Long Hair Community I learned a lot about different styles that you can make with hair-sticks, which is really cool.

how's the wrist G? we just been for a dive to the secret squirrel kina spot and got a couple of kina. i got one and my youngest got the other which was a pretty good effort as it was a couple of metres down. i had paua fritters for lunch. and fried paua guts - yum!!!

yuk !!!!!!!!! paua really does look gross.
    The wrist is fine - so obviously not a cream intolerance ???? I don't know - shoot me now !!!! LOL

...small steps....

2 funny. have you never had paua? i do get bored with it sometimes and i reckon the price if you actually have to buy it is crazy. i much prefer crayfsh and kina but will make do LOL i have been almost drowning in that river in manhatten this week on a totally unrelated matter to dairy products but you are welcome to join me G. or we could go eat in the restruant in africa! i prob should be concentrating on dairy products instead anyways LOL

what is this river in Manhatten that you refer ??????
    enlighten this old Gwamma - please...............

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Lordy, but sometimes you people "tawk funny." *chuckle*

Okay, crayfish is the same as crawfish - yummy. Do you all prepare it in a spice boil? Do you suck the heads? Amazingly, the best craw/crayfish I ever had was at a little takeaway place on the Texas/Louisiana border that was attached to a gas station. The meat was sweet, and the heads were so spicy they made me cry. The cat went nuts for them (I sucked on the meat before giving them to him so he wouldn't get hurt by the spices.)

Our season with our mild winter started a little early this year and the crawfish are being munched on by locals and tourists alike.

Paua is abalone (thank goodness for google). I've never had it and I'm not sure why. I do know I probably should have tried before it went to $80/lb!!

And kina is sea urchin endemic to NZ. I've had that (not sure if it was the NZ one). A little weird, but I was younger, so maybe I'd like it better now. I had it at a sushi bar with a raw quail egg on top.

And you catch all that near your home - what a wonderful thing.

And so today, I learned new things. That's always good, and it helps this old brain to function just a little better (though I really wish I had the ability to learn and remember things that I had in my 20s).
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.