Page 221 of 532 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 5319

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 221

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    do a B'n'E pie seas - easy and will travel well.
    or make a pizza, surely they can heat that up.
    Wow wellington - thats fantastic, when does she go ???
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i hadnt thought of B'n'E pies but that is a good idea! i think they wanted finger food so not so sure on pizza. they usually go at the end of the year so beginning of dec they will go. if i didnt have to go with the principle, i would volunteer to go as parent help altho i doubt the principle would let me anyways LOL.

OMG - 10 HUGE strapping Tongan lads - singing and doing the EQC thing - a very tribal day today !!!!!!!! LOL

...small steps....

................ and now they are singing tribal songs ...................

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    they are winding you up G! put the bikini on and cook them a nice primal lunch LOL

hahahahahahahahaha - no they are just happy in their work.
    I made them homemade bread with chutney, cheese and sliced tomatoes !
    Interesting thou, the older guys keep driving off in one of the three vehicles that they came in.................. bunking praps ??????

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I got a hair stick!

I'd been having SO MUCH TROUBLE finding hair sticks in NZ. I could find hair sticks made in NZ, shipped to the US, sold in the US, and then ship-able back to NZ, which just seemed damn silly!

Then, my friend and coworker found one at a local shop that sells maori art and crafts, and she got one for me. it's bone and carved and stuff. I love it. It works great. Now I can wear my hair up!

I'm on a mission to grow my hair out to waist-length. It's silly, but I want to do it!

So, this means that my 4 hairstyles are out. I usually do pony tails. Actually, if I can find my fancy clip, I will be able to wear that, but otherwise -- no pony tail bands, nor the kind of clippy barrets that I have because they break the hair and create split ends. I can use hair sticks to hold my hair up -- but haven't been able to find any -- hence my excitement!

From here, I brush with a boar bristle brush or the bone hairstick (which has two prongs and doubles as a comb), and then get a trim every 3-4 months. I had my first one a few weeks ago to start the growing-out. She had to lob off a fair bit -- nearly 3 inches! -- but it's a good start and I'm excited to see how it grows.

One of my online (new) friends told me that she got from shoulder to waist length in about two years -- which I think is pretty cool! I started to notice, too, that many of my friends have long hair. One has waist length, the other is mid-back/'bra strap' and another has between mid-back and waist.

My first "goal" is waist, and then I'm thinking about tailbone. We shall see.

Cordof is offline Junior Member
    I just googled hair stick - they look great! I have waist length hair, but lately the ends have gone really feral and lots of breakage, think a lot to do with hair ties. I see there's some on ebay if I can't find one at the local shops.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I sometimes use chopsticks to put up my hair. And scrunchies when prepping food. Mine's not too long; just below the bottom edge of my scapula.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Morning all - I also sometimes use chopstix or a pencil etc... Quite easy if your hair is long enough.

Two van loads of Tongan boyz today. This house painting caper will be over before we know it !!!!

I have had huge issues over many years with a food allergy, that has ended in hospitilization a number of times. I have NEVER thought that dairy has been the culprit until last night............. now I am curious, so I will put a dollop of cream on my inside wrist and see if it reacts with my skin...... if it does - what an absolute duffisssss I have been.
    Honestly I have blamed sugar and grains, but am thinking maybe its been a combo of all three - all along.
    Yesterday I had a wee bit more dairy than usual - no grains - no sugar, and honesty I was not a well camper over night - so we shall see.................

...small steps....