Page 22 of 532 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 22

primalgoon is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi there guys, its really interesting reading how and why people are into Primal/ Paleo. It seems to take a lot of tweaking to get what suits, as it definatly isnt one size fits all. I like the idea of trying IF but I think if I did it it would be more of a natural process of an extension of the if ya aint hungry dont eat.

I also have the situation a lot of others do too of having to prepare meals for others. If I lived alone I would rather have big lunch and snack early tea, but hungry kids and husband need a decent scoff at night, and as two of them are pretty anti "the stupid diet" its my only chance to feed em something I consider more healthy.

Primal G - would love to catch up sometime and chew the fat (lol), cafe's are a big new excitement for me as while I have given up the muffins I can now drink coffee again and I feel like I've just turned 18 and can now buy a "big girl" drink when I get a coffee.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, my kid eats big breakfast.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    primalG pm me when it might suit to catch up for coffee - my shout. My DH works in Rangoon now, so I sometimes come that way LOL.
    Zoe - your wee fella sounds cute. It is a lovely age especially when they get really independent ! well they think that they are - but really they are just trying desperately to BE independent LOL
    my day 1 hasn't been that successful, I have been sooooooo hungry !
    tomorrow is another day

G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    my day 1 hasn't been that successful, I have been sooooooo hungry !
    my day 1 wasnt a day 1 as i still have to get thru the cheese. so i had... blue cheese omlette for brunch. steak and blue cheese sauce with cauliflower and cheese for dinner lol i had the last of the parmesan for a snack mid avo. so i am now down to enough cream for 2 more cups of coffee and that is it. grand daughter's birthday tomorrow so i will have to prob have normal coffee to keep me sane but i can happily dodge the cake and icecream.

Seaweed you actually rock - but you know that right ????? I hope the bday party goes well - it will !!!!! you will dodge the cake and ice cream and take a wee boiled egg, or salmon, or some oysters for your nibbles !!!! LOL Blue cheese - that was a really unfair thing to throw in my face at this time of night !!!!!! LOL I love blue cheese and havn't had any for 6 whole months !!!!!!

have the best party
    G

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    What do you mean your day wasn't successful? DId you eat enough other foods?

Nope !!!!! in a word and no no no. I have just been hungry all day. I have had bone broth, chicken, muhrooms, and tomatoes fried in butter, and cream in my coffee, brocolli, spinach, celery, and am now downing a red wine !!!!
    I need to so get back on the weight loss track - but am feeling alittle dejected and frumpy and I don't know !!!!!

...small steps....

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Just a note about my experience with IF - I can only do it if I'm really low carb and high fat. Because I'm currently doing VLC (except for carb-ups), I've found that I can just carry on and decide to eat when it's convenient. That's really new for me - I used to be the low-blood-sugar-queen, shaking and really nasty when I got hungry. Now when I travel for work I often don't bother eating til teatime. It's really intermittent though. I can't 'decide' to do it, I just don't work that way, lol.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    you will dodge the cake and ice cream and take a wee boiled egg, or salmon, or some oysters for your nibbles !!!!
    we are going whitebaiting after so there is that to look forward to. i'd happily be gnaw my arm off starving all day for whitebait in the evening. it has never reached the boring stage yet lol i have gotten to the point too with the sugar that i have made it this far that it would be a pity to give in. kinda like if you have given up smoking for 3 weeks, you arent gonna sneak out for a swift puff without it all coming crashing down again. actual lmao maybe i will have a cigarette instead then no one can lecture me about avoiding the unhealthy stuff!

You will so not have a cigeratte. I will so come on down to southland and kick some serious BUTT !!!!!!!
    You have my permission to sniff the cake, and maybe sniff a cigerette, althou the surgeon general may not think that is great for your health !!!!!!

x

...small steps....