Page 208 of 532 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 5316

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 208

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gwamma, going to NZ for a visit is definitely on my "things to do in the next five years" list, but I can't get away just yet. Also, what I know about caring for livestock could be fit under a fingernail after it's been clipped to accommodate typing. (Dang city girl.) I am, however a cat whisperer. LOL

I've got nothing on raising children. I treat the neighbor's kids like small adults. First time a finger goes into a nose and I walk. (The decision to be childless was a good one for me.)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Ayla - don't beat yourself up. We do what we think is right at the time - end of. Beating yourself up later doesn't do you or your family any good. If you think TV is a bad influence, you have the answer, but you must keep positive. Life throws curve balls at us constantly, and we must learn to prioritize each one. Don't stress the TV thing - move on..... but thats just my thoughts.
    You will get through this

Joanie - Can't wait for you to come over - althou five years........ I will possibly have a motorized zimmer frame by then !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks again G. I am happy with the decision to remove the TV watching completely during the week, and still watch a couple of movies over the weekends, that are appropriate for them.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Oh Ayla - poos about the diabetes! If I was a diabetic I'd go 100% primal and never think about it again. There are some great blogs out there by people who have pretty much ceased all treatment of their diabetes (insulin or oral medication) because they don't have any need to if eating Primal/Paleo. A dear friend of mine just had her 5 year old daughter diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes and her GP recommended Paleo straight away - she's not at the point yet where she can face more dietary change but I hope she'll give it a try soon. Anyway, you've been slowly dropping your weight so hopefully this will give you the incentive to keep going? (I'm trying to look for that silver lining for you)

Another beautiful day here in the Naki. I've survived a resident's meeting without being totally bored to tears so now its plain sailing until home time. Actually with my trip to Wellington tomorrow, then my trip to Wanganui on Thurs/Fri, then off to conference in Rotovegus nest week, I'll not be back in my office for a week and a half. Yay!

DH calmed down a bit last night, he wrote a really good email to his immediate manager which outlined his plans without telling them who he'll be working for, so now we are just waiting for them to make a decision about this trip to Norway next week. He also booked himself in for a flight at the aero club this morning, so he got some fun 'me time' which will help his mood no end.

I popped out at lunchtime today to check our local Bendon outlet store for some summer jarmies (its hard finding the perfect set) and while I was there I got a hell of a shock when I realised that I couldnt read their specials signs on the walls. My distance eye sight has never been great, but my deteriation has been extreme in the last few months. At my medical last week I really noticed how bad my left eye was but today was even worse. So now I've convinced myself I either have glaucoma or a brain tumor! Seriously, being a nurse makes you so paranoid. I've booked myself in for an eye exam but couldn't get in for another two weeks, bugger, so now I'm going to be worrying for the next fourtnight.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Another day in paradise here too. still no rain but it aint warm. i HAD to get horse food OR ELSE so i couldnt go for a ride to town on the bike after all. still dithering about going before the kids finish school but i need to pay for horse food so working is prob a better plan. ITA with LL about the diabetes Ayla. I'd love a review of that phinney and volek book too. LL i am sure you are absolutely fine. i try to avoid bendon outlet stores as they have way too much nice underwear at such good prices. i dont wear pjs so no temptation there. Joanie you so need to come over sooner than 5 yrs time. i am not planning any motorized zimmer frames any time soon in fact OMG i ran half the block today. i kinda got caught out as i was having a bit of a sprint and one of the neighbours drove past in his truck. so i couldnt stop or i wouldnt have heard the end of it. so i kept running and kept running for a while longer. and then a bit longer.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    8pm here and I can hear the last of today's parades. I'm about a three minute walk from the parade route. Tomorrow morning are the last two parades early in the morning, and I've set my alarm to go to them. I really do like the day parades better. Adults begging for beads is ok, but the kids make the parades that much more fun.

Gwamma, I had to google zimmer frame to find out what it was. LOL. I'm sure we'll still have tons of miles left to dodder within five years.

sea, if I sprinted a whole block, the earth would tremble. heh
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    LL i think that is what I will do. its going to take a lot longer than 3 months 100% primal to sort this out.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    LL i think that is what I will do. its going to take a lot longer than 3 months 100% primal to sort this out.
    That's the attitude! And yes it took you a whole lifetime to do the damage, so fixing it won't be a quick process, but it's totally doable.

So much for my quiet afternoon at work...no sooner than I had hit post on my reply than I got a reminder of a teleconference, which meant that I had to hustle big time to get everything done before I left. Bah, I hate that.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    G-o-o-d m-o-r-n-i-n-g NEW ZEALAND ..................... and others far and wide
    how are we all this fine too early for autumn morning ???????? Almost looked like a frost this morning WTF ??????????
    very interesting weather that we are having.
    Anyhoo I have been invited out on three lunch dates this week, and because of my busy little world have had to put one off until next week. How exciting for old Gwamma to be "out to lunch".
    So be good whilst I am gone .......................... laters

G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    it's just cold and windy here and no rain yet. grrr!!!!! if i am gonna have no rain for my water tank, it may as well be sunny and HOT. i only have about 3 lunch dates this week too G but i am dodging at least one. better things to do like train and work! not that i mind being out to lunch but it does become a shocking pain trying to get home in time to get the kids from school. well getting home at all becomes a mish. the joys of rural living!

i made some of the sunflower and sesame seed crackers out of the reader created cook book for my youngest for lunches yesterday. they came out incredibly well. still EMFing here but i keep stuffing up. i so need to avoid the excess caffeine and remember to drink water as i reckon that is the root of alot of food issues for me.