Page 206 of 522 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 5218

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 206

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    actually they taste great straight from the freezer !!!!!!!!
    lol yes they do.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i poss need to leave them in my mates freezer 5 k away then lol
    lolol, good idea.

What's in them anyway? If theyr'e a bit difft from my primal balls I would like to try them for a change.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i posted the recipe on this thread back before xmas as i had to google it to get it back. the original recipe was on a web page which disappeared. here it is. what i usually do is use a mix of almonds, walnuts and hazels. i often dont bother adding the almond butter for the same reason i dont make the truffles very often. i also put in some flaked almonds for texture. i soak the dried fruit in bourbon ( you dont have to use alcohol and you can also use any spirit or liquer you like ), lemon rind, orange rind, lemon and orange juice overnight. then i take some of the raisins, currants and sultanas out. bang the rest of the soaked dried fruit in the blender. blend it up. scrape it out and put it in a bowl. put all the nuts in the blender. blend to a meal. add that to the bowl. add in the flaked almonds, the spices and the whole soaked raisins etc. sometimes i put in some melted coconut oil as well but not too much. it works fine without it. mix it all up. make balls and put in fridge to set. melt 85% choc in a pot over some hot water. dip the balls in. put back in the fridge and try not to eat them all at once. you can put it in a cake shaped tin. let it set and then ice with the almond paste icing below which is nice. the original recipe made a knock off royal icing with creamed coconut and honey i think to go over the almond paste.

recipe below.

• Raw fruit cake

Ingredients:
    Cake:
    150g walnuts (finely ground)
    50g walnuts (lightly crumbled)
    125g almonds (finely ground)
    60g dates
    250g dried apricots
    60g raisins
    60g sultanas
    60g currants
    1 tbsp honey
    Juice of 1 lemon
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 tsp ground ginger
    pinch ground nutmeg
    pinch of ground cloves
    90g almond butter

Marzipan:
    200g almond butter
    3 tbsp honey
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 or 1 tsp almond extract

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    afternoon ladies.

Sorry about that link I sent out, didn't seem to work for anyone other than myself! I'll be buggered if I can figure out how the damn thing works. The photographer dropped off the disk to me this morning so now I have my own copies at least, can't look at them here at work though cause I don't understand how this computer works either. Snapfish have a valentines day special on at the moment with 40% off canvases so hopefully I can get on there this afternoon and get one ordered - assuming of course that my mad computer skills don't let me down! Now all I have to do is decide which photo to use?

I've just been in contact with a teacher in brunei and she tells me to bring lots of art because the houses over there are large with big white walls so maybe I'll have to splash out on a couple of canvases. She also said to stock up on good quality kitchen stuff, furniture and whitewear, because the selection is limited, or poor quality or expensive in brunei. Gee, time to go shopping I think. I wagged work for an hour this morning and did some shopping for kids gear while there are summer clearances still on. Nothing like a bit of retail therapy to put a girl in a good mood.

Poor DH is all stressed about work again, he didn't sleep all night worrying about telling them he's leaving. We pulled out his contract last night and found a section that actually states that he would be liable to pay them back for any training he does within 6 months of leaving. We so don't want a $10, 000+ bill for this trip to Norway next week, so he's going to have to fess up and risk them calling shell Brunei and getting stropy with them. At this stage he's not going to tell them where he's been offered a job and hopefully they won't press him for details until we're all signed up. And now my work are wanting me to go to Wanganui again on Thurs and he won't even talk to me about it. I hate it when he's stressed

Eeep, there I go again ranting on about my stuff.........hope you are all having a much more relaxing day!

.........hope you are all having a much more relaxing day!
    actually yes. it is howling a gale here but warm still. not for long tho i dont reckon. i have done the 6k block twice and done stacks of work so i am just chilling out. i am still thinking of going for a swift ride on the bike to town to get some stuff for the kids but the gale is putting me off and the fact it could very well decide to change direction and rain while i am out. having had this happen before, it is literally like riding a submarine in a very strong current so i am not keen lol just think of it as an adventure LL. and enjoy all that shopping!!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Yes, and what an adventure it is. Looking forward to the enjoyable part with less paperwork.

Just had a lovely phone call from a colleague who was just calling to say hi. Isn't that nice?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    howdy doody to youdy twody !!!!!!!!
    It is lovely when people just ring to say hi - no pressure, no requests, so I am pleased that you had that wee perk today LL.
    Stressed Husbands - aren't they just alot of fun at times.
    I will PM with my latest woes !!!!!! and praps we could swap ?????
    Seas do not go on that bike in the wind and the rain. Its one thing walking/running in the nasty weather - but motorbike riding - I don't think so !!!!!!
    Take the cute wee car out instead !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

lol the bogan mobile? i get worried the front spoiler will blow off in the gale some days. i managed to avoid motorcycling and then we had a bit of a hose down around about when i would have been on my way back from town. it stopped and has been blowing and looking ominous ever since. still not especially cold as i still have my shorts and t-shirt on. and walking can be dangerous. the key is to avoid wearing the wind proof hunting jacket. i have literally been picked up and blown a metre or so on occasion. always exciting my walks!

i had to deal with my stressed exhusband yesterday. they dont get any more fun when they are exes.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma, I was reluctant to post this over in the recipe forum, but this is for you in reference to "cheap drunk."

I like to have a martini,
    Two at the very most.
    After three I'm under the table,
    after four I'm under my host.

--Dorothy Parker
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    LOFL Joanie - I think you could have posted that anywhere, and yep nthats possibly me - but only if the hosts name is .............

I'll PM you the answer !!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    good day today -- the kiddo was full-on and with his 'girlfriend' as well. She's nearly 5 and going through some big changes in her little life. . . so she's terribly rambunctious. Two in the office just about freaked DH out. And he wasn't all that cool, calm, and collected this morning anyway.

We went to the pool, though, and he had his gym run, so we were good to go ultimately. Hopefully, the kiddo will go to sleep early, because we are tired.