Page 205 of 532 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 5316

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 205

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    LL thats brilliant - enjoy the shoot.
    We haven't had one done for years - so its about time, and he will love that anniversary pressie.

This tongue tie was obviously not picked up because he has fed so well, but now that he is trying to talk its very gabbly. Anyway I don't think it will be an issue once its done, but apparently there is more damage in his mouth than a simple tongue tie. he was born with quite a deformed ear, and one side of his face is a wee bit different. The surgeon we saw at 6 months of age likened it to John Keys facial deformity. If you look hard you can see a slight difference with each side of his face. Anyway that op will be major, but not till about 5. If his ear starts to grow he may not need it, but so far its still small and bent inwards, so gets infections alot.
    Anyway sometimes we have to put our faith in the medical profession !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Definitely, allopathy has it's uses!

Today's juice is awesome: 3 leaves silverbeet, 5 stalks celery (with leaves); coriander; royal gala apple, ginger and lemon. Has a very sweet, bright, clean flavor. that made about 3 cups of juice!

Yesterday was fun and busy. We went on an ice-cream forage during the teacher training. It was fun.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I think I read somewhere once that if it was picked up at birth, midwives would just clip it with their fingernail, and it was something that was routinely checked for. Can't remember which book I read it in. Anyone else heard this?

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I think I read somewhere once that if it was picked up at birth, midwives would just clip it with their fingernail, and it was something that was routinely checked for. Can't remember which book I read it in. Anyone else heard this?
    Yes my mother used to be a midwife - hasn't practiced in over 20 years though - and she said that it was routine for a midwife to grow one finger nail just a little longer so tongue ties could be fixed at birth. She was shocked also when they said they wouldn't fix nephew's. I think it's become such a little used technique that it isn't taught anymore and slowly we gained a generation of medical professionals who don't know how to deal with it.

Photo's went really well, the kids were so cute and the park was a fantastic backdrop, something to remember New Plymouth when we are gone.

OMG girls that fingernail story horrifies me - only for the fact it reminds me of something that happened many years ago. We had a couple of days of shearing, which is always a huge time, working in the shed, bringing stock in and out, penning up, cooking for the shearers etc.....
    Anyway one of the children was quite small and quite whinney, and a tooth was obviously coming through ( gums very red and swollen)... anyway an old Maori rousabout ( who I love dearly) said to me, DD is obviously teething, here let me deal with it for you. How do you deal with it I asked? She whipped out a long very dirty fingernail, and said I just cut through the gums with this - and the tooth comes through - no worries.
    I respectfully declined, but whenever I see this lovely lady now - thats all I can think of !!!!!! LOL

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i have been told to cut thru the gum with the edge of a spoon but i never quite got around to it. just smiled and nodded and ran for the hills lol not heard of the finger nail trick but it is poss better than the spoon.

i went oystering today so i have stacks of shucked raw oysters in the fridge. i put some in my guacamole for lunch and am planning on carpet bagging my 200g of venison for dinner tomorrow with them. it will poss put my protein up a bit but i am gonna view them as mineral pills since it is a freaking long swim out to get them so i need to make the most of my opps to get a ride out.

made some dark choc dipped raw fruit cake balls for a housewarming i went to last night. thankfully i managed to have one and leave as they were divine. it is such a pity you cant just make one once in a while or i cant go somewhere and purchase just one. i skipped all the alcohol too and missed my dinner avocado so as i could have one. i was counting the nuts and the coconut oil in them ( which i couldnt taste) as fat and chosing to ignore the dried fruit altho i doubt one would blow me over 20g of carbs which is still fine.

Seas why have you got a 200gm cap on your daily protein, or is that per meal ?????. It doesn't sound very much to me ?????

and well done on the no alcohol.
    The other thing - could you make these yummy balls and put them in the freezer for a treat ??????

...small steps....

well i worked out my ketosis ratios and if i have 2 eggs and 200g of meat or fish, i hit it. i do have to say tho that i exercise my ass off which is poss why it is annoying me somewhat. even if i am feeling much less aggro with more fat and less protein. it is but an experiment for a short amount of time. prob 4 days instead of the planned 2 weeks lol

no alcohol was quite easy as there was just euwww premix bourbon and cola cans, beer or cheap wine. i did bring a bottle of scrumpy but it was flavoured as the lady whose house it was likes it. none of which do a thing for me. i deliberately left my bottle of bourbon at home as it was a 7k drive and i only drink if i can walk home easily. it also totally depends where i am as to whether i drink. usually i just do my madonna impression with my bottle of water lmao.

now that is a thought. not sure how well they would freeze or my self discipline would go but i guess i cant nuke them to defrost so i have to plan it several hours in advance.

actually they taste great straight from the freezer !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

i poss need to leave them in my mates freezer 5 k away then lol