Page 203 of 535 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 5342

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 203

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Cool. I'll at least be more-or-less on yoru way to the airport. I'm usually at the office until the 5:30 class, and so even if you just pop in, we can hang.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    That would be fun Zoe.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Good morning all, another really cold bitter morning here this am. In fact I need to put more blankets on the bed tonight.
    When I let wee dog and wee goat out of their kennels this morning - Tui the dog started ferriting around in the wood pile.
    HUGE rat.................. bloody things !!!!!! Give me a pet one anyday !!!!!!!

On the baby boy front - wee goat - his urine is clear - so yay for that. He is still popping black oil slick poos, but they are now pebbles like usual, so I am hoping that over the next two or three days they will be a more normal colour. I cannot believe that he has continued to be so well after obviously ingesting a heap of waste oil
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Goats are pretty amazing little creatures.

Today has been a beautiful day so far here in Wellington. Got up and tidied the house, made today's juice.

By DS's request:

3 small oranges
    2 inches ginger
    1 bunch parsley
    1 carrot
    5 big stalks celery.

It's a horrific color, but it tastes quite good. LOL It's sweeter than we'd like. We learned that what we bought: 1 bunch celery, one big hunk ginger, 5 lemons, 7 carrots, 1 big bunch herb, 1 bunch silverbeet -- was enough for 3 days with the whole recipe. We still have lemon, carrot, ginger left over -- and this morning we used that last bit of herb and celery.

This will help us with shopping on Sunday. Tonight, we'll go ahead and grab another silverbeet, celery, and herb, plus 2 more lemons. That should carry us through to Sunday, and then we can get the right amount for the next week.

I am finding that eggs/butter plus juice for the first meal is great. I drink about half my juice then. Second meal is meatball slider (not much -- it's more snack-sized), juice and bone broth. And then third meal is big salad plus meat.

Also, we are eating fish 3x a week now, chicken just once a week, and beef/venison the rest of the time. So that's three nights of beef or venison, plus lunches with beef or venison.

I'd like to branch out a bit and make the liver pate so that we can have that for some of the lunches (instead of patties). I'm wondering if I can create different flavor profiles with the pate.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i am pleased the goat is ok G. they are pretty hardy creatures from what i can tell. i am currently working on a feral goat cull so hopefully i will be having loads for the freezer soon. it does depend on a few factors so i am also trying not to get too excited. i am studiously ignoring you mentioning the pet rat 2 but what are you thinking ?!! LOL

another day here. not so warm, not so cold. the sun was out this morning but disappeared while i was in town at the gym.

in other news Red wine, green tea may fight dementia

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Hi all
    I'm down in Wanganui today covering for a colleague who resigned last week and has left her little village all on its lonesome. Pretty quiet here, but its a nice day and a change of scenery. I've already cleaned out her office, which may just have prooved that I do in fact have OCD. I can't stand hoarding and clutter, why do people feel the need to keep empty boxes? I've just found a store cupboard full of boxes including the massive one the printer came in - like why? I'll be tackling that one on my next visit.

JUst waiting around for a lawyer to call so I can officially move a new resident in then I'm off to my motel for the night. Peace and quiet away from the kids, nice! Back home in the morning though.

Will go read that link now while I wait, thanks seas.

i have a question. how do you work out your BMR? all the online calculators i have come across just want my age, sex, height and weight. no mention of exercise or anything which seems very misguided.

Peace and quiet away from the kids, nice!
    after the shock return on waitangi day of the screaming hoardes from school for the day, i am envious! i have persuaded them to go out and terrorise the horse right now LOL poor thing is getting so good at patiently standing on 3 legs while they do her hooves and then she will stand still while they comb her mane. they have even cut her tail.

LL hope the new incoming went well.. I actually have kept all my boxes from when we moved here. They are in the space above the garage. I thought that it would be easier to have them on hand when we shift again. Yes I am a pain in the buttox and I am proud of it LOL

Hiya Seas - not really sure how to do the BMR thing. However when are you next with your PT ????
    He might be able to calculate it for you - properly
    Yay for school going back.....
    ...........DD, her DH and my two wee Grandbabies are coming for a few nights. It should be fun. I have my favs out to read to them already................

...small steps....

Hiya Seas - not really sure how to do the BMR thing. However when are you next with your PT ????
    good plan. so far we are varying from 1300ish cals on the one which just asked my age, height, weight and sex and 2078 on the one that asked my activity rate. i guessed moderate even but it prob is more like high.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've sort of worked mine out by trial and error. I know how many calories in a day, including exersize - doesn't allow me to lose, so I have adjusted the daily calories down to hit the spot where I am losing.

Long and involved I know - but hey if it works..............

...small steps....