Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 5331

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 201

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    heres hoping LL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LL i make faleo mug cakes with tbsp coconut oil. you just melt it in a mug. mash in a banana, mix in an egg. a tbsp or so cocoa powder, a tbsp or so coconut flour. cap full of vanilla. occasionally some flaked almonds. then nuke the whole lot for about 1min 20 or 30 and it is done. you can put almond butter in instead of coconut flour but i dont usually risk having it in the house.

Looking good G. i do tend to have more breakfast and i am usually ok mid afternoon. evenings are the killer for me sometimes.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I greatly dislike stevia. horrid stuff. wayyyyy oversweet.

my diet hasn't change. I suggest that the first 2 kg "loss" was menses, and the last kg-ish was probably from just being on a stricter primal since coming off the holiday times, you know?

I'm getting more fresh veg now. Used to be frozen veg, steamed at brekkie and then raw veg in the afternoons and evenings. Now, it's raw juice at brekkie, and hte other two raw (or fresh but steamed/sauteed). So, i'm still eating as much veg as ever.

But not as much chocolate or ice cream or special treats like I do over christmas/summer. ANd it's not like I have that much, really (definitely not up to 20%), but overall, it's more than normal. When I eat normal -- which still includes some chocolate/treats -- I tend to be leaner.

Also, my friend -- whom I met in Nelson back in 07 -- is coming back to Nelson next month! I'm going to Nelson to teach a yoga workshop so that we can connect. I'm *so excited*. I love going to Nelson, I'm excited to see my friend, AND I also get to teach a workshop on the pelvis! woohoo!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I think that you are right Seas. I will just let him be a goat !!!! He is itching now thou, so I might give him a warm soapy wash.
    Scale hasn't moved much LL, but down about 1.5kg......... so we shall watch this space...............
    Congratulations, that's a good result from your faithful efforts. Keep on keeping on.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for that seas, I am the queen of the faleo mug cake! I've got lots of recipes that I've tried, and really they are just slight variations on the same theme. Egg base, with ground almond or linseed or almond butter, fat or oil of some description, sultanas or mashed banana to sweeten, and cocoa powder if you want a choc hit. I like to experiment with them.

i try to have one on training days but it's not really very carnivorous. i could do a variant with creamed coconut but i try to avoid the whole jar in the house with that one too. i do have to make something to take to a house warming with me sat and was thinking of making some raw fruit cake balls dipped in 85% choc. have that and some bourbon for a carb up night! i could always be good and go devilled eggs and some cold meat or smoked fish/shell fish and dip. i just happen to know where there are rather a lot of nice big juicy fat greenlipped mussels right now and i have the fish smoker still.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Grrrrr I hate this wind! Came home to find our wood stack fallen over and the neighbours trampoline smooshed and on the footpath across the road. I'm too scared to look at my garden and those tender seedlings I planted in the weekend.

yeah it is mental windy here too. i almost got blown across a part of the inlet when i was out for a walk. nothing has blown over here yet but we regularly get trees over the road and things like that when it gets stormy. and it is usually especially bad when it has been dry for ages then rains heaps and blows as everything slips then big time.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    We have just had a hail storm - great.........not !!!!!!
    I haven't ever made those mud cakes, but I did make some of Misabis muffins one time. They were like a savory egg thing. Very good too may I add !!!!!!

Middle DD is making steady progress. Is in Palmeston. The Horsefloat that she has bought is a huge heavy thing, so I am pleased that she isn't tearing down there like a bat out of hell !!!!!

Chops are on, house smelling delicious !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    If any of you are in or near wellington on 17 Feb, you *have to* come to this *amazing* posture workshop lead by my physio/friend Nik. Phenominal. Change your life awesome! Seriously!

If you are interested, send me a PM and I'll sort you.