Page 20 of 534 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120520 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 20

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well done Seaweed. That is fantastic ! I haven't really got my head around the whole 30 as yet. What does this actually entail ? Excuse the ignorance !!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    there is a website which lays it all out but the aim is you eat pure paleo without any cheats for 30 days. no sugar,honey or alternative sweeteners either and no paleo adaptations of junk food. eg paleo pizza. sex with your trousers on they refer to paleo junk food as lol their definition of paleo is no dairy either which is for me the hard bit. my plan is to do a whole 30 but focus mainly on seafood.

Ok right, so I only need to ditch the cream in my coffee, and maybe the red wine ???? I have tried looking at a website for whole 30 but couldn't open it.
    Those two things are my only cheats and they would be so hard to cut out - but I should give it a go ????
    Hmmmmm I will think about it tonight over a wee red !!!!!!LOL

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    We are doing a whole30 with 16/8 IF program starting today. It takes DH a long time to adopt things -- usually a year. I've been talking to him about IF for over a year, and slowing observing my body move that direction naturally. This week, he wants to give it a go, and so here we are!

So far, it's 10 am, and we don't eat until 11 am. It's going well -- no problems for me or DH. DS, obviously, gets to eat whatever he wants, whenever he wants.

Here is our food for the week:

11 am: BAS with hard boiled eggs
    6 pm: BAS with meat (beef, venison, fish, or chicken).

Our menu is 3 red meat (beef/venison -- which is steak night, roast night, and mexican salad night); 2 fish (tarakihi sp?); and 2 chicken. I'd like to get down to one chicken, and do three fish, with one fish being salmon or similar deep sea fatty, but that changes our bone-broth out-put. So we're going to see how we do with one chicken-to-bone-broth per week. Does it create enough for all of us to drink our cup of bone broth a day? hmm.

The plan is to have one piece of fruit or less per day, and get toward 50F/30P/20C -- which isn't too hard really for me. And it's early cycle, so perfect time for me to start. We'll see how second-half goes.

It's fun doing it together, and also, buying less food saves us more money.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Whole30

It starts with a whole 9, and then goes into a whole30. It's pretty simple.

The plan is to have one piece of fruit or less per day, and get toward 50F/30P/20C
    i can easily manage without fruit as i dont really like it that much, my issue is working out the ratios of F/P/C without having to stick it all thru a tracker. which is both impractical and they always seem not to have what i am actually eating so i have to pick the closest match. what i try to do is eat real food with a focus more on protein one meal a day. so flesh and veges for dinner. if i am VLCing, the only "carbs" i knowingly eat are non starchy veges. no fruit and no tubers. protein i could as meat and fish. eggs i count as both protein and fat. salmon ditto.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    I've looked at whole 30 before, but I'm really not that diciplined! I don't know that I need to be?

Over the last month I've cut back my dairy to just a little cheese and maybe two cups of coffee/tea with milk each day. But I think I'd hate to remove it completely. I like my little treats, white sauce made with milk and flour once a week, a piece of cake once a week, 3 or 4 squares of dark choc in the evening......it makes life worth living IMO. IF and whole30 is serious business, and I enjoy my fun (and food) a little too much for that.

Maybe my scoliosis pain would be more controlled if I was better at keeping to Primal 100%? Then I could stop harping on about chronic pain on here! Gwamma - thanks for the suggestion that I search the archives, there are some interesting things hidden in the depths of MDA.

Zoe - excuse my ignorance, but what is BAS ???

...small steps....

I struggle with IF, way too disciplined for me. sometimes i accidentally do but not often deliberately. if i make the coconut coffee creamer and there is no cream in the house, i am fine with it. i dont like coffee with normal milk which is a bonus. i can cope without sauces and choc and cake are serious gateway binge foods for me so i have to avoid them. but yes. i am totally with you. i enjoy my food so all i am really doing with a whole 30 is channeling it into a way of eating primarily the foods i enjoy that are whole 30 compliant instead of including other non whole 30 foods i enjoy like dairy.

Zoe - excuse my ignorance, but what is BAS ???
    i know iam not zoe but BAS = Big Ass Salad. It is a term of Marks.